Hello Elmer Gantry!
As Christians, we MUST follow the words of the bible, and hopefully- you won’t be a hypocrite and cherry pick only the nice things the bible instructs. But when it comes to poverty and riches, it is the clergy who should be most careful about managing parishioner’s donations and not break the covenant with God which says the following about being rich;
Those who have been blessed with wealth must share generously with the poor (Matthew 25:31-46) and avoid “greed” (Luke 12:13-21).
Jesus said to his disciples” …it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
“No one can serve two masters….You cannot serve both God and money.” (NLT, Luke 16:13).
Now, as Franklin Graham likes to poke his nose into politics- saying he is “losing faith” in that otherwise faithful organization- “political parties” (haha yeah right) did you know that Franklin Graham, man of God, virtuous of the virtuous is one of the HIGHEST paid Pastors in America? Bet you didn’t know that… now this is FACT and NOT a “blatant lie” as some people out there who “cringe” when the greasy dirty smelly underbelly of organized religion is EXPOSED…
In 2009 Franklin Graham got a total compensation of…hold on to your crosses dear beloved, (and drop some more donations in the hat for me) Franklin got a whopping $1,200,000 $$$$$$$$$$$ this was his salary from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.. according to Guidestar which tracks religious salaries based on IRS filing forms which are public.
In 2015 Franklin got a combined salary, according to the Charlotte Observer and Forbes Magazine, of $880,000 USD $$$$$$$ nice going Franklin…what God giveth I can take more hahah, some parishioners were not too happy to learn where their donations…er…um… “love gifts” were going- right into the pocket of Franklin Graham at a whopping $880,000 $$$$$.
So is this normal salary for Pastors? Hardly- in 2014 the average Pastor with a congregation of 300 made about $28,000, whereas Franklin Graham’s total compensation packages have been near the top of the heap in the past several years- and again- this does not include other financial rewards from other activities.
According to Guidestar, in 2013 Franklin’s salary was the highest in America paid to anyone leading a relief charity organization. In fact, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability believes that compensation for Mega-Pastors should agree with biblical teachings- in that case, both Billy and Franklin have broken God’s covenant, they have left the teachings of the Christian bible in the dust….
Other religious scholars and professors find it “skeptical” that religious leaders of organizations that seek out donations from the public- as well as being subsidized by government non-profit tax rules- should get such huge compensations. Just a reminder folks, Franklin Graham makes twice what the President of the United States makes. One might say- well ALL CEO’s in America are highly paid, so even if he is a Pastor- as a CEO he deserves it!!! Amen! Well, ah not actually, according to figures of “Payscale” 2016 the “average” US CEO earned, with salary, bonuses and compensation- about $160,000 USD a far far far cry from Franklin’s outstanding and Godly salary…in fact, CEO’s in the TOP 90 percentile earned compensation of around $490,000 USD…wow Franklin’s salary even blows them away. A penny earned is a $100,000 also donated to my pocket he would say maybe? ( these are the facts and not blatant lies) so it only reveals the dark deep underworld of organized ministries who work as scam artists- in my opinion. How much would YOU donate if you knew that this “charity” pays the “Pastor” almost a MILLION bucks a year?? Why doesn’t HE donate most of his money back to the charity and practice what he preaches- like frugality and asking for FAITH in political parties- how about some faith in HIM with these FAT salaries paid by donations and government subsidies!!
Maybe Franklin just deserves a piece of the pie that he creates- or “goads” out of donations…so let’s see, according to Forbes, one of the largest Christian charities- “Lutheran Charities” has a pot of 21 BILLION $$$ wow nice, but they paid their highest person a “frugal” $150,000 whereas the Franklin Billy Flim-Flam charity has a mere $402 million budget- yet squeezes out almost a million for their Main Man- Franklin…how about taking a lesson from the Lutherans?
Celebrity Worth- puts Billy Graham’s net worth at $25,000,000 making him among the richest fat cat religious persons in America- and mind you- this does NOT represent the MILLIONS of dollars in real estate which is owned by his Ministry- but given use to Billy Graham and his family…nice perks to be a Man of God!?
Some or many of the real estate assets of Billy and Franklin Graham, according to Forbes, are in fact owned by their religious organizations- that way- (this is the old flim flam trick) on paper- they look “less rich” than if they owned those properties outright- hence- a slight of hand, or shall we say or might we say- a scam? These properties are for the use of Billy and Franklin Graham- so…not bad ah. .. your company buys you a mansion in their name- you have exclusive use and you can, on paper, reduce your net wealth to not make it look SO obvious that you are swimming in millions of dollars of parishioners cash! Nice trick!! Another great source of income is WRITING books- oh my how art thou ingenious- so what you do as a Pastor, looking to be religious- but rich as heck (can’t use the word hell) you or a ghost writer writes a book about more religious hocus pocus and then- you advertise it to parishioners who feel pressure or obligation to buy it- NOW you’ve got legally made millions from book sales and don’t need to get messy with embezzlement. Another way to make millions out of your ah hmmm….”religious” books is that your ministry buys hundreds of thousands of them- making you millions once again- and then the Ministry gives these wonderful books for FREE to those who donate “love gifts” to your Ministry—you know, we call them “love gifts” we don’t call them donations or cash cause it sounds so dirty- and we are clean God fearing religious folk- so send in your “love gift” and get the Pastors GREAT new book for FREE!! (although the Pastor didn’t give them to the Ministry for free hahah, he made millions “selling” them to his Ministry haha- neat trick ah- makes you look clean and religious and smart for being able to write so many books!! Bill Graham wrote 33 books to date…and his Ministry owns a media and publishing empire to ensure sales, marketing and distribution- just a really neat way to make millions from the Word of GOD! (I thought a normal Pastor would donate those sales to help needy Christians??)
This is another reason, making money that is, why people like Billy Graham keep predicting the “end days” are here- because it mobilizes their minions to join their ranks and donate more cash- but in fact, Graham and others have it all wrong- the end days predicted in the Bible (Revelations) were about the end of the Roman Empire- not the earth, mankind or distant future end time.
In Franklin Graham’s recent speeches on the Hill, regarding Christianity in America- he said put the Ten Commandments in the schools for the children to follow. Well, why stop there- there are many things we could put on the wall for children to consider from the bible- what about;
In 1 Timothy 2:12, “ I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent.” Mmm? What about that on a school wall? In fact, this was a primary reason that Bill Graham at first opposed his Daughter’s Ministry- until…ah well… it’s my daughter so the “heck” with the Bible I’ll just bend the rules for my own family. His daughter, Anne Graham Lotz, now the leader of AnGel Ministries- and by the way- author of 11 books! (learned that from dear old Dad!), but in 1970 Billy Graham was clear that in Christianity the role of women is being a wife, mother and homemaker- and NOT a leader of a Ministry that would teach Men?
How about this for the school wall- right out of the bible: 1 Peter 2:18 “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect” mmm? In fact this passage was widely used in the Southern states to justify the “acceptance” of slavery and that slavery was not a sin- or even wrong!
This would be great for students to learn;
“If brothers dwell together, and one of them dies and has no son, the wife of the dead man shall not be married outside the family to a stranger. Her husband’s brother shall go in to her and take her as his wife and perform the duty of a husband’s brother to her”
Brothers beware ah? Well we could go on and on with cruel and strange things the bible compels Christians to do- but Christians seem to love cherry-picking the bible to suit their own “version” of what God commands- this is called hypocrisy.
Well, in sum, the entire Graham family is involved in various Ministries, charities- book writing, racking up millions of “Christian” dollars- and they have prophecies- and warnings to the world…you can decide what you think of multi-million dollar Pastors but in my opinion they are clearly scams and self-righteous hypocrites who seek a religious dictatorship…as Franklin Graham once said- if atheists don’t like a Christian government- they can leave the country!!! There you go Jews, Muslims, atheists, Hindus, etc. etc. you’re not welcome in a Christian dictatorship led by the Million dollar Franklin Graham who was born into money, born into a Ministry- born into a media and publishing empire…ah- then again, sounds like a spoiled brat who didn’t make anything on his own but just took over what Daddy left to him.Tweet
Latest posts by James Luko (see all)
- Manufacturing myths continue on in 2016! - May 19, 2016
- Billy & Franklin GRAHAM, MEN of GOD or just the highest paid religious CEO’s? - May 1, 2016
- SAUDI THREATENS!! - April 17, 2016
- PUTIN folds! - March 15, 2016
- Who CREATED “The Donald?”Deus ex machina - March 6, 2016
- Nolan Chart Author DOES IT AGAIN - February 8, 2016
- Let’s elect TED CRUZ for Prime Minister of Canada? - January 10, 2016
- The Libertarian Delusion; A response to the Delusion of Consent - November 19, 2015
- Yeah Right, What China GONNA Do? - November 1, 2015
- Syria is Russia’s “Potemkin Village” - October 23, 2015
- Syrian Debacle - October 7, 2015
- The coming WAR - September 3, 2015
- BOYCOTT NBC- NBC Elitism - June 30, 2015
- Chinese rise or Chinese DEMISE? - June 16, 2015
- Recognition of Cuba ONLY if we know Cuba did not assassinate JFK - June 5, 2015
- DON’T FEAR a Russian-Chinese Alliance - May 6, 2015
- Keep Cuba CLOSE, Keep China FAR - April 12, 2015
- Wall Street Surprised at Strength of Dollar - April 5, 2015
- Is America in Decline? Twenty signs America is not in decline. - March 6, 2015
- Two Steps for Putin; Go East and Diversify! - March 2, 2015
- Saudi tries to BREAK the American oil boom; tries to keep America as an oil SLAVE - November 7, 2014
- Dollar Bulls Surge Ahead - October 5, 2014
- Where will Scotland go? - September 16, 2014
- The “Obama Doctrine” Creates A Global Power Vacuum - May 30, 2014
- The IRON TRIAD; A Regional Plan for the Containment of China on the heels of Obama’s Asian tour - April 30, 2014
- If Putin takes ALASKA back will Obama finally REACT? - March 17, 2014
- RUSSIA INVADES: Military THRUST to the WEST - March 2, 2014
- AMERICA the BEAUTIFUL: Real Patriots Don’t Bash America - February 16, 2014
- CARTER REVISITED - February 4, 2014
- America’s Asian Pivot:Full Spectrum Dominance in Asia - January 4, 2014
- Bad Tidings and No Joy, Sarah Palin Defrauding the Heart of Christmas A review of Ms. Palin’s latest book. - January 1, 2014
- WHITE SWAN: United States of America 2014 and Beyond - December 26, 2013
- Quantitative Easing:Act III Maintaining Geopolitical Hegemony - November 23, 2013
- FIAT currency Trounces Gold - November 17, 2013
- Saudi Refuses Security Council Seat..thats GOOD! - October 20, 2013
- Obama DUPED TWICE! - September 28, 2013
- Global Warming Predictions Face Another Failed Year - September 7, 2013
- SYRIA and American Success in Iraq and Afghanistan - September 1, 2013
- China's Crossing the Line - August 16, 2013
- Paul Ryan - August 15, 2012
- Syrian Conflict: The Minority Elite Alawi vs The Majority - July 14, 2012
- Nuclear Deterrence- USE IT - February 21, 2012
- Keep The Nukes - November 7, 2011
- Fractional Reserve Banking and America's Standard of Living - August 21, 2011
- Gold Standard Would Ruin Us - August 14, 2011
- Clean Up Your Own Act Before You Throw Stones ! - August 7, 2011
- The Gold Standard, Printing Money and the Federal Reserve - July 23, 2011
- China and Russia Angry at USA - July 15, 2011
- 4th of July, Americas Waterloo? - July 4, 2011
- China's Moves on Cuba Need to Be Stopped - June 29, 2011
- The Dollar as the World Reserve Currency: Voice of a Contrarian - June 29, 2011
- America's attack on Libya is Geopolitically and Strategically counterproductive - March 29, 2011
- US to participate in Libyan No-Fly Zone ? - March 10, 2011
- Man-made Global Warming TheoryAGW - March 3, 2011
- Natural Climate Change Deniers - January 10, 2011
- North Korea Attacks: World War Three ? - November 24, 2010
- CONTAIN CHINA; The LUKO DOCTRINE - November 19, 2010
- What is really behind Obama's BIG trip to India ? - November 16, 2010
- Global Warming or Global Farce? - September 28, 2010
- GERMANY: Our Unreliable Partner in Defense - May 21, 2010
- Made in the USA: Still Number One ! - May 16, 2010
- Is China’s GNP Number Accurate - December 19, 2009
- China Eclipses U.S. Auto Sales – Oh Really? - December 2, 2009
- SARAH PALINMissing the Point - November 23, 2009
- BULLISH on the Dollar - October 16, 2009
- Dump the Dollar ? - October 9, 2009
- Afghanistan: Conquer and Garrison - September 27, 2009