Godfather Politics, a conservative blog, posted a controversial article on the Girl Scouts of the United States and their stand on Abortion. Could it be true that the Girl Scouts is nothing but a Democratic machine, meant to liberalize young girls, and turn them into feminist who are pro-abortion? Well the accusations are not that shocking. Yet parents of young girls are finding out the hard way, and pulling their girls out of Girl Scouts. Afraid not only of where the money for the cookie sales are going, but also what young impressionable girls are being taught about sexuality.
One meeting of the Girl Scouts, had handouts promoting sex of any kind, and telling young girls if they were to become HIV positive it was up to their discretion whether or not to tell future partners about the disease. In the article written by Giacomo, there is a quote by Girl Scout CEO Kathy Cloninger from 2004 in which she states, “We partner with many organizations. We have relationships with our church communities, with YWCAs and with Planned Parenthood organizations across the country, to bring information-based sex education programs to girls.” Girl Scouts Support Abortion and Sexual Promescuity.
The real question then becomes what age group are they teaching sex education too, since membership is divided into five age groups—Daisies (5 to 6), Brownies (6 to 8), Junior Girl Scouts (8 to 11), Cadette Girl Scouts (11 to 14), and Senior Girl Scouts (14 to 17). Senior Girl Scouts, with the permission of the parents would be an acceptable age to teach sex education too, but the other groups all seem too young to be taught by an outside source about sex. If parents want their thirteen, twelve or eleven year old daughters to learn about sex that is one thing. Radio Talk Show Host, Nick Reed, uses this example “If you would get arrested and charged with a crime, for sitting down next to a child in a play ground and talking about the subject matter, then it isn’t appropriate in educational environment.” and he is correct. If it is not appropriate for a stranger to talk about sex to a child then when does it become appropriate to for a Girl Scout leader, or teacher to do so?
Then there is the major issue, moving past just sexuality, to teaching these children that it is okay to kill their own children, if it isn’t the right time to have a baby, or even if they just want to. Abortion, taught through the Planned Parenthood Program is all about, doing what feels good to the woman or in this case small child. Rather than teaching responsibility. If this weren’t the case, then Planned Parenthood wouldn’t be the largest provider of abortions in the country.
Does the Girl Scouts of the United States have the right to teach about Abortion? Yes, they do, the freedom of speech gives them this right, as well as Roe v. Wade. However, parents also have rights. They have the right to know where their money is going when they buy cookies or contribute to other fundraisers. Parents also have the right to know whether their children are being taught something that goes against their fundamental beliefs, and they have the right to pull their daughters out of the Girl Scouts because these beliefs are being violated. Educating oneself on the issues is the most important thing.Tweet
Latest posts by Rachel Lynn Robinson (see all)
- What about a third party candidate - July 23, 2013
- Should late term abortions be banned? - July 16, 2013
- Abortion and The Girl Scouts - November 27, 2011
- Bi-National Health Insurance - October 19, 2011
- Putting the Godfather in the White House - September 26, 2011
- Is Voter Fraud Real, and What can be done to Stop It. - August 30, 2011
- Pro Choice can mean Choosing Life - August 29, 2011
- Anybody but Obama - August 28, 2011
- Why the Second Amendment Matters - August 26, 2011
- Who is to Blame? - August 20, 2011
- Rick Perry, Conservative or Democrat in Republican Clothing - August 17, 2011
- Sex Education in Preschool - August 17, 2011
- Finding the Right Voice in 2012 - August 12, 2011
- Can Herman Cain Win the Election? - August 10, 2011
- Planned Parenthood vs. Kansas - July 23, 2011
- Is It Okay to Prevent Protesting at Military Funerals? - June 2, 2011
- How E Verify is Going to Help Prevent the Employment of Illegals - June 1, 2011
- Finally a Birth Certificate - April 28, 2011
- How will the passage of S 34 affect everyday people - April 26, 2011