I have a few questions about morality, and how as a good, God-fearing conservative Christian I should think. I know many folks out there on the interwebs are doing their best to try and educate people regarding God's Law. and plan, and by just reading and listening I have learned a lot!f
For example, when one of my stupid god-hating traitor liberal friends runs his mouth and says homosexuality is okay, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.
a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?
i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted disciple and adoring fan, Logical Premise.
Taken in part from an email letter puportedly written by Dr. LauraTweet
Former Lead Statistical Analyst, BNSF
Former Internal Revenue Officer, IRS
Latest posts by Logical Premise (see all)
- Viewpoints on the Country : The so-called ‘collapse of America’ - February 3, 2016
- The New Statism : Approved Dogma - January 25, 2016
- Obamacare and Insurance: a primer on why it's stupid, part two - October 15, 2013
- Obamacare and Insurance : A primer on why it's stupid , Part One - October 11, 2013
- The Death of Government - October 7, 2013
- On the morality of 'choice' - July 12, 2013
- Statist Review: The Assault Rifle Debacle - February 5, 2013
- 2012 : Statist Review - December 11, 2012
- Ron Paul continues to garner nothing in terms of votes – Statist View - March 27, 2012
- Statism Review: Libertarians - November 28, 2011
- Peace is a state of being, not a solution - February 18, 2011
- Beating Dead Horses , Part I : I'm confused again - January 5, 2011
- A response to the so-called Christian-American heritage - January 4, 2011
- The Statist View on Wikileaks - December 17, 2010
- How to spot a statist - July 2, 2010
- This isn't Statism : A few points on the current state of affairs. - June 16, 2010
- The Statist View : Keep fighting the good fight! - December 11, 2009
- America and Rome : Compare - March 18, 2008
- Why did Ron Paul lose? - March 9, 2008
- Blind Illogical Hatred - February 27, 2008
- Statist Viewof the Constitution Part 2 - February 27, 2008
- McCain Sex Scandle sells but is it real? - February 22, 2008
- Good Governance: The dream of the statists - February 22, 2008
- Three Fundamental Problems - February 20, 2008
- Axis of Axis - February 19, 2008
- It’s time to act, not to whine - February 8, 2008
- Senator John McCain — lamb or lion? - February 6, 2008
- Some analysis of the 2008 Campaign - February 6, 2008
- Answering a few questions : Libertarians, what are they? - February 5, 2008
- NPR breakdown of costs on campaign - February 5, 2008
- MSM article on Ron Paul - February 5, 2008
- Ron Paul : the unanswered question - February 1, 2008
- Statism : The only option you’re being given - February 1, 2008
- A Statist View of the Constitution - January 30, 2008
- Nolan Chart: Constructive Suggestions - January 29, 2008
- Nolan Chart: Balanced? - January 29, 2008
- Statist vs. Liberal : What a crock - January 28, 2008
- If Ron Paul loses, blame his supporters - January 25, 2008
- On the Ron Paul campaign : an open question - January 24, 2008
- What is a Statist? - January 24, 2008