The rough transcript from April 27, 2010 is fully sourced from the campaign's Jobs plank, or just click on the links in the attached file here. My thanks to Kristian Cantens and Moravian College for the invitation to speak. The presentation can be downloaded from here or from Scribd here.
Today's media and economists often cloud the simple, common sense solutions to “fixing” the unemployment problem. I am here to tell you the truth: the government is fully responsible for the rampant unemployment we see in our country today.
While the newspaper headlines of 10% use the Bureau of Labor and Statistics U-3 figure, the government's broadest indicator of unemployment, the U-6 figure, which includes 'discouraged' and 'marginally attached' workers plus part-time workers who desire a full-time job is currently over 17%. However, the U-6 does not account for long-term discouraged workers who have not been able to find a job, and economist John Williams estimates true employment to be 22% as seen below.
Before listing some of the governments' economic interventions and listing solutions to them, let's pause for a second and ask a couple important questions:
Why does a firm or entrepreneur create a job at all? The ultimate reason is to realize a profit, an overall economic gain, or to “make money.” Firms do not create jobs for pleasure, all businesses entail risk while seeking to create profits.
Why does someone accept a job? Sure, to meet the basic necessities of life – food, shelter, clothing, and health care when sick – but the individual chooses to work ultimately for the same reason – an overall economic gain, to make a profit and “make money.” In the economic sense, by the very act of working each individual demonstrates a preference to their current employment over employment with all other firms, or to leisure time.
Therefore both the employer and employee enter into a contract because they expect a mutual benefit. Employment is just like any other economic transaction – when you purchase a bunch of oranges, you demonstrate your preference for the oranges over the currency, and likewise the supermarket prefers your currency over the oranges.
When one works for a firm, the firm obviously prefers to have the work completed versus not having hired anyone at all. Likewise, the employee prefers the benefits gained from working rather than not working for the firm. Mutually beneficial transactions are the heart of any market economy.
The importance of sound money to the job market cannot be understated. Both firms and individuals need a sound method of economic calculation to gauge their profit or loss. I previously remarked that merely increasing the number of dollars certainly does not guarantee a profit since the dollar's purchasing power is dropping courtesy the printing presses of the Federal Reserve over the long term. Regardless, the entrepreneur must still attempt to calculate if spending say $10 per hour for a new hire will create the desired profit margin, say just $1 per hour. However, it is not a simple case of the worker deciding between $10 per hour for this firm, working another job, or not working at all. Consider:
The firm has significant graduated corporate profit taxes to pay. The federal rate for this progressive tax is roughly 35%, and Pennsylvania has the second highest corporate profit tax of just under 10%. Pennsylvania has the world's second-highest overall corporate tax rate at 41.5%.
To pay the mandatory Social Security payroll tax, the worker has 6.2% removed from paychecks. The employer must pay a matching 6.2% that the employee never receives, resulting in a 12.4% flat tax.
To pay the mandatory Medicare payroll tax, the worker has 1.45% removed from paychecks. The employer must pay a matching 1.45% that the employee never receives, resulting in a 2.9% flat tax.
The worker pays approximately 1-2% in local payroll taxes, depending on the locality.
To pay Pennsylvania state income taxes, a flat tax of 3.07% is removed from workers' paychecks.
For federal and state unemployment “insurance” mandates, the firm pays anywhere from 2-8% of pay.
The federal (FUTA) and state (SUTA) unemployment taxes are fairly complicated, but worthwhile since it is a fairly furtive way for the government to tax firms, and even assist in their destruction.
The firm pays up to 6.2% on the first $7,000 in wages for each employee under FUTA, or over $400. These funds are moved into respective federal FUTA accounts.
If Pennsylvania borrows from FUTA and does not pay back the unemployment loan, the firm pays the difference. If PA doesn’t pay back the feds, then EVERY firm in PA will add an additional payroll tax paid by the employee. This tax is a tricky method of raising taxes since the increase happens automatically.
Now, there is also a SEPARATE state unemployment tax rate (SUTA) that is paid by the firm on the first $8,000 in wages for PA. The rate is based on a firm's ‘experience rate’ meaning the more turnover a company has the higher the rate. For example, in 2009 a firm might be at 6% tax on the first $8,000 in wages for EVERY current employee. Since many firms had layoffs in 2009, the 2010 rates can rise fairly dramatically – 1-5% increases are likely fairly common. Again, the tax increase is built right in, but is invisible to the employee.
This tax is paid directly from the firm's cash reserves. As more employees are laid off, the company’s reserves are depleted at a faster rate which increases the tax rate for the following year. Then the firm gets nailed with an unexpected increase in taxes, lays off more employees, and the downward spiral continues. S0, when Congress extends unemployment, this may appear to assist the unemployed, but it is leeching the firms of capital and accelerating their destruction and ability to provide new jobs.
Remember, since the tax is on the first $7,000-$8,000 in salary, firms are also increasing reluctant to hire new employees.
Employers pay mandated workman's compensation tax, and the national average is around 1.5% of pay.
These taxes all precede the most dreaded tax of them all, the graduated federal income tax. Let's be generous and assume that just 15% net of the employee's pay is withheld, although 20-30% is by no means uncommon.
Lastly, to pay for the wild money-printing of the state, everyone pays the insidious hidden tax of inflation. In 2009, the inflation tax on savings in banks was estimated at roughly negative 8%.
I will not factor in significant property taxes, the 6% Pennsylvania sales tax on goods and services, the 32-cent per gallon PA tax on gasoline, the $1.35 per pack PA tax on cigarettes, the $6.65 per gallon PA tax on spirits, capital gains and taxes on interest, state registration and licensing, etc., etc. Plus, note I have not listed the skyrocketing cost of health care – my solutions are in my plank here and outlined in “Health Care Solutions.” Obviously, the firm also has many other financial obligations as well – property, capital expenditures, overhead.
So, when one works it all out, the firm-worker contract calculation is much more complicated than just $10 per hour and $1 profit to the firm. Since the inflation tax (~8%) and the corporate profit tax (41.5%) adds up to about 50%, the firm really needs the employee to generate $2 per hour in profit for the firm. Meanwhile, the firm must pay roughly $11-$12 to employ the worker. So, the worker needs to generate around $14 per hour to be worth the paycheck and make the firm profitable, but yet the worker only receives about $7 in take-home pay.
To compound the matter, the government forbids firms to pay rates lower than the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, which prices people out of jobs they might otherwise be able to fulfill.
So the common sense solutions I propose to quickly fix the job market, in no particular order, are:
Repeal the Sarbanes-Oxley Acts' regulations which are projected to cost firms over $100 billion per year since 2002. Following the Enron and WorldCom frauds, Congress passed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which has failed to prevent rampant fraud in the financial system. The former NASDAQ Chairman, Madoff, is one such example, while the Wall Street Journal exposed Scott Rothstein's billion-dollar ponzi scheme as well. SarbOx legislation has placed American firms at a needless disadvantage to the rest of the world. The question is not which additional regulations were needed – those committing fraud will always seek to cover their tracks – but rather how many other frauds exist.
Slash the $1.1 trillion per year costs of federal regulatory compliance. These regulations and paperwork costs are especially harsh for small businesses, and serve as barriers to new startups.
Permanently reduce (and preferably abolish) the 9.99% Pennsylvania state corporate tax so more firms will prefer our state to the rest of the nation. While reducing the corporate profit tax on the federal level will also make American firms more competitive, Pennsylvanians have more control over state legislators than the remainder of federal Congress, so this would be the most effective first step.
Remove laws that threaten firms with frivolous lawsuits when firing workers. Not only would firms would be more apt to hire new workers, but common sense solutions, such as prearranged separation compensation for sudden termination in the contract could instead become the norm.
Remove laws that prevent firms from hiring workers by mandating criteria outside of the only question that really matters – can they do the job? Firms should be able to hire whom they please, which includes legitimate concerns such as whether they will stay with the firm long enough to warrant the investment in their training.
Remove the unfair labor union laws that forbid employers to hire new workers who would do the same jobs for less. There is nothing wrong with voluntary unions that work for safer working conditions by negotiating with employers, but the use of force and coercion to hijack control of a workplace from the firm that risks its owners' capital to provide the employment in the first place is immoral.
Remove the mandate for the employer to offer workman's compensation. Or, just leave it up to the worker to decide if the 1.5% would be better off left in their paycheck. Likely this would create a competitive private market for workman's compensation insurance that is independent of the employer.
Remove the mandate for the employer to withhold income for all payroll taxes. The individual can then decide how best to use the funds, even if it is just to earn interest before having to pay the taxes. This reduces transaction costs for the employer, and gives households more flexibility in economic planning.
Make enrollment in the Social Security and Medicaid programs voluntary instead of mandatory. These schemes are woefully underwater with $14 trillion in unfunded liabilities for Social Security and a whopping $85 trillion for Medicaid. Put in place a gradual phase-out plan so retirees can still receive the funds they contributed, while younger generations can escape the plundering since the programs likely will not exist by the time they are ready to retire. I would also like to point out the Social Security payments, for instance, should be almost DOUBLE the current levels since the government has been fudging the inflation numbers for many years.
Abolish the federal income tax since it is not only immoral, but unnecessary. If this step is too radical for Congress – it's not, for most of our history there was either no income tax or a negligible one – surely a tax holiday could be announced to stimulate people to work, and make permanent cuts to wasteful federal spending.
Restore sound money to remove the problems that inflation causes for entrepreneurs and individuals alike.
Abolish federal minimum wage laws, or at least move them much lower so workers are not priced out of jobs. The most common rebuttal in support of minimum wage laws is that if you make less than minimum wage, you can't sustain yourself. However, you must disperse the bad logic around minimum wage laws – the law really says its better for someone to be unemployed and paid nothing rather than be “exploited” and paid less than $7.25 an hour. Likewise, if raising minimum wage secures better jobs, why not raise it to $12 or $20 an hour? Obviously, minimum wage laws can only increase unemployment.
This labor exploitation theory came from Karl Marx, the founder of communism, and completely overlooks the fact that there is no coercion in a market-based contract – an individual can just as easily decide not to accept less then $7.25 an hour by their own choice. Again, it is a question of mutual benefit for both the firm and the worker.
An individual can decide if they are willing to mow lawns or wash dishes for $5 an hour, tutor adults in the evenings or home school a friend's child for a token $2 an hour, or sell a firm's goods just for commission. A CEO should be able to decide to work for $1 a year if he believes he will turn around the firm and receive compensation later. A student or aspiring actor should be able to work a dream internship or prospective theater role for free – or even pay the firm to provide the opportunity – since they believe it will lead to greater opportunities later on.
Small start-up businesses are at a comparative disadvantage compared with large corporations due to minimum wage laws as corporations have cash and capital to pay out, while a start-up may not.
Well, those are the solutions! Even if just some of them are implemented, they will all stimulate new jobs and are guaranteed to work very quickly and put an end to all this unemployment nonsense… or you can listen to the drab, dime-a-dozen Republocrat schemes that NEVER WORK and got our country in this whole mess in the first place. These primarily consist of resorting to the printing press or market interventions such as the failed economics of any government-sponsored stimulus plan.
For instance, even recent actions of Congress like HR 4508's granting of additional loans to the Small Business Administration are counterproductive. Please understand I do not challenge the fact that small businesses receiving subsidies will benefit. However, the danger lies in having federal bureaucrats decide which firms are to be gifted with special unfair advantages over all other competing firms. As Hazlitt wrote in his first chapter, the damage to ALL groups must be assessed as well as the handouts given to the privileged groups.
Any rational person will also note that cronyism and corruption will exist, and firms may counter-productively elect to dedicate more resources to lobby for government handouts rather than focusing on providing the goods and services that consumers desire. Plus, always remember that GOVERNMENT HAS NOTHING – it must first tax or create money out of thin air to be able to distribute funds in the first place!
So, the truth is that the mass unemployment we have today is purely a creation of government interventions in modern market economies. In today's world, I assure you there is no shortage of work to be done, it is only a question of how best to generate the goods and services we all want and how best to increase our standard of living. As seen by the USSR's example, economic central planning never works, planning by individuals unlimited by the constraints of government will result in prosperity. Government's only role is to preserve individual liberties by enforcing punishments for fraud, contract violations, theft, and acts of aggression against the sovereign individual.
In conclusion, the only barrier preventing our society from succeeding in fixing the unemployment problem is the separation of the state's interventions from the economy.
(1) Hodge, Scott. 2008. “U.S. States Lead the World in High Corporate Taxes.” http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/ff119.pdf
(2) Social Security Online. 2010. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/10003.html
(3) Tax Foundation. 2009 Facts and Figures. p. 17/50. http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/f&f_booklet_midyear-20090723.pdf
(4) The federal (FUTA) and state (SUTA) unemployment taxes explained in more detail here.
(5) National Academy of Social Insurance. 2007. “Workers' Compensation Highlights.” http://www.nasi.org/sites/default/files/research/Workers_Comp_Highlights_2007.pdf
(6) Towne, Jake. 2009. Income Tax Plank. http://towneforcongress.com/platform-issues/income-tax
(7) Towne, Jake. 2010. Sound Money and Jobs Plank. http://towneforcongress.com/platform-issues/sound-money-and-jobs
(8) Tax Foundation. 2009 Facts and Figures. pp. 23, 26-28 of 50. http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/f&f_booklet_midyear-20090723.pdf
(9) Department of Labor. January 1, 2010. “Minimum Wage Laws in the States.” http://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/america.htm
(10) Rockwell, Llewellyn H. 2010. “How to Fix the Jobs Problem.” http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/fix-jobs-problem140.html
(11) Zhang, Ivy. 2005. “Economic Consequences of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.” pp. 22-23/68. Zhang also notes that the equity market loss may have been as high as $1.4 trillion. http://w4.stern.nyu.edu/accounting/docs/speaker_papers/spring2005/Zhang_Ivy_Economic_Consequences_of_S_O.pdf
(12) Crain, W. Mark. 2005. “The Impact of Regulatory Costs on Small Firms.” p. 8/95. http://www.sba.gov/advo/research/rs264tot.pdf
(13) Hazlitt, Henry. 1946. “Economics in One Lesson.” http://fee.org/library/books/economics-in-one-lesson/Tweet
Latest posts by Jake Towne, the Champion of the Constitution (see all)
- Ron Paul Wins 5 Delegates in Pennsylvania; Romney Officially Has Zero - April 26, 2012
- Ron Paul Delegate Wins in Pennsylvania's 17th District - April 25, 2012
- Ron Paul All Set to Win Iowa and Minnesota - April 24, 2012
- Ron Paul Takes the Lead in Iowa as Gingrich Fades - December 19, 2011
- Pennsylvania GOP Gerrymanders the Lehigh Valley - December 17, 2011
- Ron Paul #2 in GOP Fundraising - July 6, 2011
- Jon Huntsman Enters 2012 GOP Field - June 21, 2011
- Gold Hits All-Time High in British Pounds - June 20, 2011
- CIA Militarization Continues - June 17, 2011
- Food and Goods Inflation on the Rise - June 17, 2011
- Obama Defies Congress Over Warmaking Powers - June 16, 2011
- Jake Towne – “Jobs, Debt, Veterans, and War” Speech - October 6, 2010
- Happy Constitution Day! - September 17, 2010
- Charlie Dent – A Dependent Follower - September 9, 2010
- Jake Towne: Where's John Callahan on the Wars? - August 27, 2010
- Charlie Dent Paid $101,000 by Military-Industrial Complex - August 27, 2010
- Solutions with Hydraulic Fracturing or “Fracking” - August 24, 2010
- Statement on the Ground Zero Mosque by Jake Towne - August 17, 2010
- The People's Money - August 16, 2010
- The Economy in Pictures - August 5, 2010
- Jake Towne Calls on Charlie Dent to Repeal Health Care Tax - July 30, 2010
- Hey Republocrats! Focus on the Issues! - July 29, 2010
- Jake Towne to Charlie Dent – Is That the Best You Can Do? - July 26, 2010
- Charlie Dent Reluctant to Debate Jake Towne - July 23, 2010
- John Callahan Campaign Spies on Towne Hall - July 16, 2010
- China Devalues US Treasury Bonds - July 14, 2010
- Social Security… or Insecurity? - June 29, 2010
- Jake Towne on Your Personal Liberties - June 21, 2010
- Who Supports Bailouts? Jake Towne, Charlie Dent, or John Callahan? - June 18, 2010
- A Lesson from Greece - June 8, 2010
- Remarks at Friends of George Donnelly Protest - June 6, 2010
- The Economy in Pictures - May 25, 2010
- Nullification – The Forgotten Check on the Federal Government - May 21, 2010
- America's Ridiculous Toy Money - May 14, 2010
- Due Process is NOT a Hellfire Missile – A Message for Congressman Charlie Dent - May 8, 2010
- Dow Crashes, Gold Spikes - May 7, 2010
- Jake Towne on HR 5013, the Dept. of Defense's IMPROVE Act - May 3, 2010
- Jake Towne on HR 5146, the Congressional Pay Freeze and HR 5017 Rural Housing Service Subsidies - May 3, 2010
- Jake Towne's Comments on HR 2499, the Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2009 - May 3, 2010
- One Step Closer to the End of the Yellow Brick Road - May 2, 2010
- Jake Towne – Jobs Talk at Moravian College - May 1, 2010
- Time to Sheathe the Sword - April 29, 2010
- Does the Federal Reserve REALLY Control Interest Rates? - April 29, 2010
- Celebrate Earth Day – No Toxic Dollar Bills - April 28, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Speech at LiberTEA Party - April 20, 2010
- Freedom From Fascism - March 22, 2010
- The Guantanamo Problem – Part 2 - March 10, 2010
- PATRIOT Act Backdoor Extension Passes Congress - March 1, 2010
- What is an Olympic Gold Medal Worth? - February 25, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Liberty Candidates Mourn the Deaths of 1,000 Soldiers in Afghanistan - February 23, 2010
- Jake Towne Replies to Dent and Callahan on High Electric Bills - February 21, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Statement on Joe Stack and the IRS Austin Plane Crash - February 21, 2010
- Open Letter to Congressman Charlie Dent from Jake Towne on HR 4061, the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act - February 12, 2010
- Bloody Summer Ahead in Afghanistan - February 10, 2010
- America’s Greatest and Strangest Political Secret - February 9, 2010
- Jake Towne – John Callahan Clueless on Job Recovery - February 7, 2010
- Jake Towne – Common Sense Fixes the Job Market - February 3, 2010
- The Pension Problem - January 31, 2010
- Jake Towne’s State of the Union Reaction - January 28, 2010
- Independent Jake Towne Skyrockets to a “Stunningly High” 8% in the Polls - January 27, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Signs Club for Growth Pledge to “Repeal It!!” - January 23, 2010
- Scott Brown, Just Another Republocrat - January 22, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Announces Support of Ron Paul’s HR 4248 - January 21, 2010
- The Guantanamo Problem – Part 1 - January 19, 2010
- Remarks on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and New Radio Show Announcement!! - January 18, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Sound Money and Jobs Plank - January 16, 2010
- Aid for the Haiti Disaster - January 14, 2010
- Venezuela Devalues Bolivar Against the Dollar by 50% - January 11, 2010
- The Next Defense – Nullification of the Health Care Tax - January 8, 2010
- Congress Spending Like Drunken Sailors - January 7, 2010
- Chasing “Gelten” Shadows - January 3, 2010
- Guns or Health Care? - January 2, 2010
- Is the Dollar a Ponzi Scheme? - December 31, 2009
- GATA Sues the Federal Reserve & Alleges Manipulation of the Gold Market - December 31, 2009
- Pennsylvania’s Pension Crisis Approaches - December 26, 2009
- Health Care is NOT a Right - December 22, 2009
- Jake Towne Finds a Way to Provide Health Care for the 15th Congressional District - December 20, 2009
- The Government’s “War” on Main Street - December 4, 2009
- Ron Paul – “The Gold Price is Rigged by Central Banks” - November 28, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Speech at the Philadelphia Federal Reserve, November 22, 2009 - November 28, 2009
- FDIC Officially Goes Bankrupt - November 25, 2009
- END THE FED…. Then What? – The Transition to Sound Money - November 24, 2009
- END THE FED – HR 3996, the Automatic Bailout Bill of 2009 - November 21, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Afghanistan War Plank - November 15, 2009
- Remember the Constitution and our Veterans Today - November 11, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne on FOX Freedom Watch – “The Independent Movement” - November 10, 2009
- Independent Challenger for Congress Invites Dent and Callahan to Debate - November 8, 2009
- Remember, Remember the Fifth of November!! - November 4, 2009
- Jake Towne to Nancy Pelosi – Are YOU Serious? - October 26, 2009
- Abolish the Federal Department of Education!!! - October 20, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Congressional Candidate Jake Towne: Stimulus Plan Ineffective in the Lehigh Valley - October 18, 2009
- Liberty Candidates 2010: The Year of HOPE - October 17, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Iraq War Plank - October 15, 2009
- Barack Obama, Elinor Ostrom, and the Nobel Prize (PART 2/2) - October 13, 2009
- Barack Obama, Elinor Ostrom, and the Nobel Prize (PART 1/2) - October 13, 2009
- Preparation Time is Running Out - October 7, 2009
- On the Dollar – Congressman Charlie Dent Answers a Question from Jake Towne - September 29, 2009
- America’s Military Empire (UPDATED) - September 28, 2009
- THE OPEN OFFICE – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent - September 21, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Bailout and Corporatism Plank - September 16, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Veterans Plank - September 11, 2009
- Transparency and Accountability – Jake Towne’s ‘Our Open Office’ Plank - September 9, 2009
- NAIS – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - September 4, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Job Description for 2011-2012 - September 4, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Plank on the Federal Reserve - September 2, 2009
- Jake Towne’s 4th Amendment Speech Against Lancaster Camera Surveillance - August 30, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Protest Against Privatized Camera Surveillance System in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - August 28, 2009
- FDIC: “We Aren’t Bankrupt and Everything is A-OK” - August 27, 2009
- The FED Dances as Rome Burns - August 27, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Income Tax Plank - August 27, 2009
- Jake Towne’s “Right to Bear Arms” Plank - August 25, 2009
- The “Other” Party - August 24, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Talk on Financial Derivatives to CC-BASD - August 19, 2009
- The FDIC is Bankrupt - August 17, 2009
- Jake Towne for Congress: The Concept of “Our Open Office” - August 17, 2009
- A Declaration of Independence and Constitution Class Made Easy - August 15, 2009
- Yes, Virginia, There Are No Reserve Requirements (PART 2/2) - August 12, 2009
- Health Care –An Open Letter to email@example.com - August 10, 2009
- Health Care: Another Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - August 9, 2009
- Fractional Reserve Banking in Pictures (PART 1/2) - August 6, 2009
- Jake Towne for Congress 2010: Health Care Platform Announcement - August 4, 2009
- BOOK REVIEW:Douglas Gnazzo’s “Honest Money” - July 25, 2009
- Congress Responsible for Mini-Bailout of $6.2 Billion to Delphi and Next Week’s Quarter-Trillion of New Debt - July 23, 2009
- Why Foreign Aid? – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - July 21, 2009
- Social Security’s $700,000 Resort Meeting and Our Future - July 20, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Files with FEC for Lehigh Valley Congressional Bid - July 16, 2009
- Unlocking the Money Matrix – The Summers Gold Price Suppression Scheme (PART 13/15) - July 13, 2009
- “The Wreck of the Hesperus” andthe Meltdown of the Global Monetary System - July 9, 2009
- The Swedish Chef “Banks” Some Chocolate Mousse - July 8, 2009
- READ THE BILLS – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - July 7, 2009
- Jake Towne on “Regaining Our Individual Rights” - July 4, 2009
- Lehigh Valley Independence Day Rally & Tea Party - July 3, 2009
- Wall Street Journal Reports 401k Withdrawals Frozen or Slowed - June 30, 2009
- FED to Monetize Another $1.75 Trillion in 2009 - June 29, 2009
- One Subject at a Time – Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - June 28, 2009
- The Bubble Blowers: Goldman Sachs and Cap and Trade - June 28, 2009
- The Money Matrix – Who Owns the FED (UPDATED PART 7/15) - June 21, 2009
- Unlocking the Money Matrix – The Real Interest Rate (PART 12/15) - June 17, 2009
- R.I.P. – The London Gold Pool, 1961-1968 - June 14, 2009
- STATUS REPORT: Ron Paul’s Audit the FED Act, HR 1207 and S 604 - June 10, 2009
- The “50 Laboratories” Model - June 8, 2009
- Bernanke Speak: Translated - June 6, 2009
- D-Day Has Arrived - June 5, 2009
- What Is Wealth? - June 4, 2009
- Re: Health Care – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - June 4, 2009
- RALLY AT THE BREACH!! – A Note on the U.S. Constitution - May 28, 2009
- Bank United Collapses – FDIC “Insurance” Getting Wiped Out - May 21, 2009
- Gold and the “Average Man” - May 17, 2009
- Ron Paul’s rEVOLution Versus the “One Ring” of the Federal Reserve - May 13, 2009
- A Public Thank You to Congressman Charles Dent from Jake Towne on HR 1207, the “Audit the FED” Bill - May 7, 2009
- STATUS REPORT:Ron Paul’s Audit the FED Act, HR 1207 - May 7, 2009
- Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne on Auditing the FED - May 5, 2009
- The Gold War – China and the US Treasury Market - May 5, 2009
- Letter to the Editor on Local Currency - May 4, 2009
- MAYDAY!Jake Towne for US Congress, Pennsylvania 15th District (UPDATED 5/30) - May 1, 2009
- SCANDALS – The Jane Harman, Nancy Pelosi, AIPAC, Alberto Gonzales, Power Ranger Spy Plot and the Biden Boys - May 1, 2009
- China Nearly Doubles its Official Gold Reserves - April 24, 2009
- The Zombie Bank Dance:Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, the FED, and Treasury Do a Jig - April 24, 2009
- El Paso, Texas Policeman Roughs Up News Reporter - April 22, 2009
- Ron Paul – The Gray Champion - April 22, 2009
- Off a Cliff with No Airbags: The FED Banking System Quivers in Fright - April 21, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Nazareth, Pennsylvania Tea Party on Tax Day - April 15, 2009
- Thank You for Paying Your “Voluntary” Income Tax! Love, The IRS - April 13, 2009
- Amazing Public Comments on the FDIC/Treasury “Legacy Loans Program” - April 11, 2009
- A Conversation on the Latest FEDspeak on Inflation and Deflation - April 10, 2009
- “Dude, What’s Up With These Cop and Spy Shows?” - April 10, 2009
- America’s Military Empire - April 9, 2009
- The Money Matrix – Bring Light to Dark Derivatives! (PART 11/15) - April 7, 2009
- Campaign For Liberty Staffer Detained by Airport TSA for Carrying Cash - April 7, 2009
- The Money Matrix on “Credetary” Inflation and Deflation (PART 9/15) - April 7, 2009
- Let’s HOPE We Avoid a Vietnam Body Count in Afghanistan and Iraq – THE OBAMA WARS PART 2/3 - March 30, 2009
- Open Up Your Computer – Obama Wants a Look Inside!! - March 30, 2009
- Silver Backwardation Bout Ends as SLV Fails to Announce its New Custodian (PART 2/2) - March 29, 2009
- Silver and Gold ARE Money (PART 1/2) - March 29, 2009
- On My Resignation - March 26, 2009
- Ron Paul’s Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 - March 1, 2009
- The Federal Reserve Replies on its Stock Ownership and Treasury Purchases - February 28, 2009
- Judge Napolitano and Ron Paul’s “Freedom Watch” - February 24, 2009
- The Federal Reserve – A Good Company to Work For? - February 23, 2009
- 18 Days and Counting – Silver Backwardation Persists in the London Market Place - February 14, 2009
- Beijing Skyscraper Burns From “Firecrackers” - February 12, 2009
- Silver in Backwardation!Has the Last Contango Been Danced in Washington? - January 30, 2009
- GATA’s Message on Gold and Silver Manipulation to Barack Obama (PART 2/2) - January 29, 2009
- The Year of the Ox Arrives in China, Land of “Currency Manipulation” (PART 1/2) - January 27, 2009
- Pirates! - January 27, 2009
- “Oh-Bomb-Ah” Launches First Attack on Pakistan – THE OBAMA WARS PART 1/3 - January 24, 2009
- Obama Takes One Big Step Forward on Guantanamo Bay! - January 23, 2009
- The Oath of Obama, Why His Stimulus Plan Will Fail and What to Do Instead - January 22, 2009
- Barack Obama on Gaza and Mumbai – Hypocrite Extraordinaire - January 18, 2009
- Anthropogenic Global Warming or an Ice Age, Which Is It? (PART 2/2) - January 15, 2009
- Ron Paul, Gaza, and the BIS – (The Gaza Slaughter Epilogue II) - January 14, 2009
- Barack Obama Appoints Socialist Carol Browner as Global Warming Czar (PART 1/2) - January 13, 2009
- Ron Paul Shows Some Outrage (The Gaza Slaughter – Epilogue) - January 11, 2009
- The Top Nolan Chart Articles of 2008 - January 10, 2009
- Deceptions: A Short Essay on Labeling (The Gaza Slaughter PART 6/6) - January 5, 2009
- Ron Paul and I Stand Alone on Gaza and Israel (The Gaza Slaughter 5/6) - January 4, 2009
- The Champion of the Constitution’s Saver’s Wish List for 2009 - January 4, 2009
- Cynthia McKinney and the Israeli Attacks on the Dignity and USS Liberty (The Gaza Slaughter 4/6) - January 4, 2009
- END THE FED!Flyer for The International – The Movie - January 4, 2009
- Israel Military Bulldozes & Kills American Protester in Gaza (The Gaza Slaughter 2/6) - January 3, 2009
- Israel Military Kills American Protester – An Economic Perspective (The Gaza Slaughter 3/6) - January 3, 2009
- Israeli Conscientious Objectors – The Shministim (The Gaza Slaughter PART 1/6) - January 1, 2009
- US Soldier 2008 Body Count in Afghanistan Sets All-Time High - December 31, 2008
- Silver – The Cure for AIDS - December 29, 2008
- Bernanke’s Great Lie – The “Gold Standard” and the Great Depression (PART 2/2) - December 25, 2008
- CFR Reports Pakistan Spy Agency Killing American Soldiers in Afghanistan - December 22, 2008
- The “Great Slump” of 2008 (PART 1/2) - December 20, 2008
- Rioting at the Gates of Thermopylae: The Ramparts of the FED & Central Banks Shudder - December 14, 2008
- Madoff Collapse Devastates Anti-Bush Lawyer - December 14, 2008
- More on Gold and Silver Backwardation and Manipulation (5/5) - December 14, 2008
- The Significance of Gold Backwardation Explained (4/5) - December 11, 2008
- Fred Thompson Wishes You Some “Holiday Cheer!” - December 10, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What the Heck Are Derivatives? (PART 10/15) - December 9, 2008
- On Gold and Market Manipulation (3/5) - December 8, 2008
- Will Joey Biden Be President?THE BARACK OBAMA BIRTH SAGA CONTINUES (Updated 12/9/08) - December 7, 2008
- The Next Bubble to Pop! (2/5) - December 7, 2008
- The End for the Dollar and all Fiat Currencies (1/5) - December 6, 2008
- Ron Paul Is Wrong – George W. Bush Must Be Tried for MURDER! - December 6, 2008
- SPOOF: New Element Discovered in America! - December 5, 2008
- Words of Advice for the next Secretary of State - December 3, 2008
- Ron Paul Wastes Chance to Deliver KO Punch to FED - November 20, 2008
- Please, Sir, I want some more… - November 18, 2008
- The Money Matrix – How the FED Works (PART 6/15) - November 17, 2008
- END THE FED! Protest to take place on Saturday, 11/22/08 - November 16, 2008
- Bank and Credit Union 2008 Body Count at 32 - November 9, 2008
- The Drones Did It! - November 8, 2008
- The Real Battle of November isn’t for the White House - November 6, 2008
- Was the Paulson Plan a ‘SHAM’ of a ‘SCAM’? - November 4, 2008
- Everyone Votes for Jane and Joe Schmoe for President on Tuesday! - November 3, 2008
- Iraq Demands US Troops Leave by 2011 - November 2, 2008
- Semi-Spoof News Flash – American Forces Attack Syria, Eight Die - October 29, 2008
- Can Barack Obama Be President? – THE SAGA CONTINUES! (10/29 Update) - October 29, 2008
- Are You An American?The Police State vs. the Hempstead 15 (Part 3/3) - October 29, 2008
- MY PROPHECY – The Federal Reserve Will End!A Money Matrix Addendum - October 29, 2008
- FDIC Gives Alpha Bank the Axe! - October 27, 2008
- Police State Stomps on Iraq Veteran’s Face as McBama Sanctions Attack on Freedom of Speech: The Story of the Hempstead 15 (Part 1/3) - October 25, 2008
- SPOOF:Ron Paul Promises To Return When Country Needs Him Most - October 25, 2008
- Is Barack Obama “The One”? - October 24, 2008
- NY Times Reports the Banks Say They Will Hoard their Bailout Cash-Loot - October 23, 2008
- An Anti-Ron Paul Deflationary Economic Theory - October 21, 2008
- Terrorist Completes Ultramarathon!And Gold Hits New Highs! - October 19, 2008
- THE SAGA CONTINUES – John McCain and Barack Obama – Can They Even BE President? - October 14, 2008
- Cynthia McKinney and the Alleged 5,000 Dead Hurricane Katrina Inmates - October 5, 2008
- Fight the Tactics of our Congress, McBama, and Bush with Ron Paul and I - October 3, 2008
- The Nader-Palin Debate – Is It Time for the Revolution to “Go Viral” Again? - October 3, 2008
- Nolan Chart Facebook Group Page Created - October 3, 2008
- SENATE PASSES BAILOUT!And What to Do, NOW!(New Update from Vern McKinley) - October 2, 2008
- Plea for a Nolan Chart Facebook Account - October 2, 2008
- Articles Written - October 1, 2008
- The Sun Sets in New York - October 1, 2008
- Ron Paul and Federal Aid for Hurricane Ike - September 30, 2008
- HEY! CONGRESS! Al-Qaeda does NOT have an Air Force! - September 30, 2008
- Blast from the Past – Vern McKinley Warned of Freddie and Fannie – in 1997! - September 29, 2008
- A Speech Barack Obama Could Give to Win the Presidency, Ron Paul, and Carroll Quigley’s “Tragedy and Hope” - September 28, 2008
- Save Ron Paul’s Voice – A Money Matrix Addendum - September 28, 2008
- Henry Paulson – A Quick Look at the Man - September 27, 2008
- Spill a Soda, Go to Jail for a Year - September 27, 2008
- WaMu Gets the FDIC WHAM-O! - September 26, 2008
- The Next American War of Terror in Pakistan Continues – Marriot Hotel Bombing Portends Blowback Event on American Soil - September 22, 2008
- A Money Matrix Addendum:Citigroup and GATA Call for an End to the Suppression of the Gold Market - September 22, 2008
- Yes, West Virginia, There is a Banking, Housing, and Financial Crisis – FDIC Closes Ameribank - September 22, 2008
- Answering Matt Damon’s Question on Sarah Palin - September 21, 2008
- Answering Matt Damon’s Question and Bob Barr Should Ask Sarah Palin to be his VP (PART 1/2) - September 21, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty Hits 100,000! - September 9, 2008
- US Treasury Seizes Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac!And What It Means - September 8, 2008
- FDIC Closes the Silver State Bank in Nevada as a McCain Resigns in Disgrace - September 7, 2008
- WAR!America Attacks Pakistan - September 5, 2008
- RETRACTION – John McCain Crashed or Damaged Five Warplanes, Not Three - September 1, 2008
- John McCain and Barack Obama – Can They Even BE President? - September 1, 2008
- Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty Leaves 34 Americans Dead, 173 Wounded. John McCain, Jr. Led the Cover-Up - August 31, 2008
- America, Were Michael Phelps’ Eight Olympic Gold Medals Worth Winning? - August 24, 2008
- The Money Matrix on the Grand Deception of Seigniorage (PART 5/15) - August 24, 2008
- Iran and Georgia:President Bush, Why Don’t You Just Shut Up? - August 18, 2008
- Ron Paul and the Struggles of Attrition - August 17, 2008
- Bush and Gang Prepares to Unleash Hell on Iran.Is the Georgian War a Stepping Stone? - August 12, 2008
- Response to Disgruntled Reader on “Malalai Joya” Article - August 11, 2008
- A Galactic Look at all this War-stuff and the Fibonacci Sequence in Tool’s Lateralus - August 8, 2008
- A Salute to Malalai Joya – Afghanistan’s Tom Paine - August 8, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What is Honest Money? (PART 4/15) - August 7, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What Makes Money Money? (PART 3/15) - August 3, 2008
- Iraq Smolders as American War Deaths in Afghanistan Reach All-Time Records - August 2, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What is a Dollar Bill Worth? (PART 2/15) - August 2, 2008
- The Money Matrix – Prelude (PART 1/15) - August 1, 2008
- Police State Invades Mayor’s Home & Kills His Dogs (UPDATED) - August 1, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Joins Ron Paul’s Campaign for Liberty! - July 31, 2008
- Book Synopsis: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder by Vincent Bugliosi - July 29, 2008
- The George W Bush Impeachment Hearing’s Media Blackout - July 25, 2008
- Ron Paul Reports – The “Mother of All Bailouts” Bill - July 24, 2008
- US Military Draft Creeps Closer – Ron Paul and I Defy Senators “Barackcuda” Obama and “Just-Bomb-It” McCain - July 21, 2008
- A Poem – America, You are So Cold - July 20, 2008
- The 3 Trillion Dollar Government: Hyperinflation in America? (Part 1/2) - July 13, 2008
- Dear Bob Barr – Are You Really One of Us?Signed, a Ron Paul Revolutionary (PART 1/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr Voted for the Iraq War but Says He is Sorry (PART 2/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr Voted for the Patriot Act but Says He is Sorry (PART 3/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr, What is the Cost of Money? Because Ron Paul and I think you Don’t Know (PART 4/6) - June 6, 2008
- Dear Bob Barr, Ron Paul Knows where the “Road to Roota” Leads, Do You? (PART 5/6) - June 6, 2008
- Billionaires for the Ron Paul Revolution (PART 6/6) - June 6, 2008
- A Critique of Iraq War Music Videos - May 31, 2008
- This Article is Illegal - May 29, 2008
- The Gauntlet is Thrown – The Champion of the Constitution vs. David Petraeus - May 19, 2008
- WARGATE:Rumsfeld Calls for “Another Attack” of Terror to Bolster Support for Bush - May 17, 2008
- Preemptive War and Freedom Video Clips - May 16, 2008
- Bob Barr – Assassin of the Ron Paul Revolution? - May 15, 2008
- Andrea Gibson’s “For Eli”, Vern McKinley and Anti-war Reflections - May 5, 2008
- My Father’s Vietnam is My Iraq –Disturbing Parallels - May 2, 2008
- A Federal Reserve Puzzle for the Reader: Where does “The Road to Roota” Lead? - May 1, 2008
- Iran Declares War on the Dollar =More War for America - April 30, 2008
- First They Came for Those Who Didn’t Pay Their Taxes… - April 19, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Joins the Ron Paul Revolution - April 13, 2008
- We the People Warn The Time for America’s War with Iran Has Arrived - March 30, 2008
- We the People versus the Might of the US Government - March 2, 2008
- Kosovo: Ron Paul versus the Policy of Foreign Interventionism - February 24, 2008
- Ron Paul versus the 3 Trillion Dollar Government - February 23, 2008
- Death, Taxes, War, and Heroes - February 22, 2008
- An Hypocrisy of Terms: Liberal and Conservative - February 14, 2008
- Saudi Arabia:The True Cause of the Iraq War? - February 13, 2008