The Senate race in Kentucky is heating up, and the self described front-runner Trey Grayson apparently is feeling the fire under his seat and is boiling up under the pressure from the upstart Republican Rand Paul's campaign.
Trey recently started serving up softballs to the Paul campaign, launching attacks about Rand being an outsider and how his voting in the Republican primary since 1993 does not merit him to be a representative of the conservative Kentuckian.
[link edited for length] (Politco.com referencing Grayson Interview with WKYT-TV)
Strange and desperate attacks are easily hit out of the park by Rand, quickly responding with what amounts to a walk off home run in one short sentence “I've been a Kentuckian longer than Grayson's been a Republican!”
For those who don't remember, Mr. Grayson was actively campaigning for Bill Clinton way back in the 90's when Trey was a Democrat.
Also worth noting, Mr. Grayson is financially supported by 17 Republican Senators who voted for the bailouts, so we can thank Trey and his buddies for all the economic success we're having right now.
Funny, I have looked at the webpages of both candidates and I can't find anything Trey believes in, but Rand's website is full of hard positions on all the issues. I guess if I was Trey, I would do the same thing. Don't say anything that would force you to have convictions and principles. Do anything to win, and maybe you will get to go join the conviction and principleless gang on the hill. Seems about right
Until this year. We're not going to let these fair weather Republican's sell us out anymore. If you are a Republican, then act like one. Mr. Grayson, you are the outsider. We will stick with people we know.
Here is a great video about this issue, it is very short and has both candidatesTweet
Latest posts by Aaron Bellyacher (see all)
- Rand Paul “I’ve been a Kentuckian longer than Grayson’s been a Republican!” - October 24, 2009
- Third Parties Greatest Day, the Meltdown of the One Party System - September 25, 2008
- Country First? - September 25, 2008
- These two candidates are about to steal half your money - September 25, 2008
- My snickers bar melted!Who is bailing me out?Where is my $1.79? - September 20, 2008
- Where the hell is Warshington? - September 20, 2008
- Obama and McCain are asleep. Ron Paul is a pot of coffee - August 28, 2008
- Ron Paul, Bob Barr, Chuck Baldwin, Cynthia McKinney, Hillary Clinton, Ralph Nader.Third Parties unite behind one ticket and break the two party system! - August 23, 2008
- Can we get Ron Paul on the ballot fast enough? - August 22, 2008
- What if Barack Obama offered John McCain a cabinet position? - August 20, 2008