“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mohandas Gandhi
“There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” – Ayn Rand
“A man never tells you anything until you contradict him.” – George Bernard Shaw
Dear Congressman Dent –
I very much enjoyed the office hours you held Monday, July 6, 2009, in my hometown of Nazareth. As you are now aware, from the comments there are very many concerned citizens in our district and the next town hall discussion will likely require a new venue as the hall was bursting full, even though the meeting was at 10 AM on a working day.
One of the items the group discussed was the fact that you did not have time to read the recent Cap and Trade Bill due to a last-minute amendment that added 300+ pages. While it is understandable that you cannot have time to read bills that are dumped last-minute on your desk before a house floor vote, I find it completely unacceptable that you have not taken steps to remedy the situation.
I also remark that in October 2008, that while you rejected the first version, you signed the Banker Bailout immediately after 332 pages of pork were added to it, as I remarked in “One Subject at a Time – Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne“. May I inquire as to whether you read the complete text of this bill? As I listed just several of them in my last letter, I was horrified to see the pork barrel spending you approved.
I remind you that complaining about the status quo without proposing solutions is unbecoming someone of your experience who has spent the last 19 years in politics as a congressman or state senator.
As I related to you and the group yesterday, please read the “Read the Bills Act” available here from www.DownsizeDC.org. I request you to introduce this bill because I would do exactly the same in your shoes. If not, please reply by letter or email and inform me as to why not. A fuller description of the bill is listed below. I have some modifications I'd like to make to it, but if you do not support it then they won't be of interest.
I have some further comments that I will send to you shortly. On Monday, I personally handed you paper print-outs of all of the un-replied letters and phone calls I have made to your office over the past three months. I understand you are very busy, but if you have time only to reply to one issue, PLEASE reply to me on my questions on your stance on monetary policy and the Federal Reserve.
After I asked you about monetary policy, you did remark to me that you were very concerned about the monetization of debt that the FED is doing, and so am I. I most recently wrote about that here “FED to Monetize Another $1.75 Trillion in 2009” last week. However, I really have not found any details of your thoughts on monetary policy, which I view as paramount.
I remain unclear about your level of economic understanding. During the town hall discussion, you mentioned a better way to stimulate the economy faster then Obama's plan was to immediately purchase a bunch of brand-new military vehicles and ship them to Iraq. This comment completely contradicts and flaunts basic economic law, and makes me extremely uneasy. To that effect, at the end of this letter I will include a chapter from Henry Hazlitt's “Broken Window” fallacy from Economics in One Lesson.
Please, Congressman Dent, I implore you to take a solid look at our nation's fiat monetary policy and let me know what you think. I would be very happy to consult with you publicly or privately on this issue. I understand you probably view me as a small-time annoyance since I will be running against you in the 2010 election, but I really just want to help the people in our district, and I hope you believe this.
I also believe that the cumulative actions of Congress and the Federal Reserve are unleashing ill effects on our community such as high unemployment, continued outsourcing of our jobs, and the destruction of the purchasing power of the dollar and we MUST take steps to protect our community.
Please allow me to close this letter with three positive remarks. First, please continue with the town hall discussions, they're great!! – but please spend more of your time listening. Second, I will thank you yet again for co-sponsoring HR 1207 to audit the FED our government does need more “sunshine” as you aptly put it. Third, thank you for voting against the Cap and Trade bill despite the fact that you believe carbon dioxide is a dangerous pollutant. I will write you back separately on this matter.
I have also called your office and left a message on this matter with the attendant, who was quite courteous.
Sincerely, your fellow citizen,
Jake Towne is running for U.S. Congress in Pennsylvania's 15th District in the 2010 election as a citizen unaffiliated with any political parties. Jake also writes at www.LibertyMaven.com and www.CampaignForLiberty.com. A master campaign presentation for internet viewing is available. [Reach the Author Here!]
An interim campaign website is here while a dot com is being setup, due for release on July 15, 2009.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
As always, unlike the NFL, the author grants full permission to allow any accounts of, rebroadcasts, retransmissions, repostings of this article to your blog or anywhere else in order to promote the Restoration of our Republic.
Veritas numquam perit. Veritas odit moras. Veritas vincit. Truth never perishes. Truth hates delay. Truth conquers.
Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito. Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
From DownSizeDC.org's “Read the Bills” Campaign:
For Members of Congress, fiduciary responsibility means reading each word of every bill before they vote.
But Congress has not met this duty for a long time. Instead . . .
- They carelessly pass mammoth bills that none of them have read. Sometimes printed copies aren't even available when they vote!
- Often no one knows what these bills contain, or what they really do, or what they will really cost.
- Additions and deletions are made at the last minute, in secrecy.
- They combine unpopular proposals with popular measures that few in Congress want to oppose. (This practice is called “log-rolling.”)
- And votes are held with little debate or public notice.
- Oh, and once these bills are passed, and one of these unpopular proposals comes to light, they pretend to be shocked. “How did that get in there?” they say.
There's a basic principle at stake here. America was founded on the slogan, “No taxation without representation.” A similar slogan applies to this situation:
“No LEGISLATION without representation.”
We hold this truth to be self-evident, that those in Congress who vote on legislation they have not read, have not represented their constituents. They have misrepresented them.
And since Congress has repeatedly committed “legislation without representation,” strong measures to prohibit these Congressional misrepresentations are both justified and required.
To this end we have created the “Read the Bills Act (RTBA).” RTBA requires that . . .
- Each bill, and every amendment, must be read in its entirety before a quorum in both the House and Senate.
- Every member of the House and Senate must sign a sworn affidavit, under penalty of perjury, that he or she has attentively either personally read, or heard read, the complete bill to be voted on.
- Every old law coming up for renewal under the sunset provisions must also be read according to the same rules that apply to new bills.
- Every bill to be voted on must be published on the Internet at least 7 days before a vote, and Congress must give public notice of the date when a vote will be held on that bill.
- Passage of a bill that does not abide by these provisions will render the measure null and void, and establish grounds for the law to be challenged in court.
- Congress cannot waive these requirements.
The effects of these provisions will be profound . . .
- Congress will have to slow down. This means the pace of government growth will also slow.
- Bills will shrink, be less complicated, and contain fewer subjects, so that Congress will be able to endure hearing them read.
- Fewer bad proposals will be passed due to “log-rolling.”
- No more secret clauses will be inserted into bills at the last moment.
- Government should shrink as old laws reach their sunset date, and have to be read for the first time before they can be renewed.
And all of these things will enable a larger DownsizeDC.org to more effectively lobby Congress for small government.
From Henry Hazlitt's “Economics in One Lesson“:
THE BROKEN WINDOW
Let us begin with the simplest illustration possible: let us, emulating Bastiat, choose a broken pane of glass.
A young hoodlum, say, heaves a brick through the window of a baker’s shop. The shopkeeper runs out furious, but the boy is gone. A crowd gathers, and begins to stare with quiet satisfaction at the gaping hole in the window and the shattered glass over the bread and pies. After a while the crowd feels the need for philosophic reflection. And several of its members are almost certain to remind each other or the baker that, after all, the misfortune has its bright side. It will make business for some glazier. As they begin to think of this they elaborate upon it. How much does a new plate glass window cost? Fifty dollars? That will be quite a sum. After all, if windows were never broken, what would happen to the glass business? Then, of course, the thing is endless. The glazier will have $50 more to spend with other merchants, and these in turn will have$50 more to spend with still other merchants, and so ad infinitum. The smashed window will go on providing money and employment in ever- widening circles. The logical conclusion from all this would be, if the crowd drew it, that the little hoodlum who threw the brick, far from being a public menace, was a public benefactor.
Now let us take another look. The crowd is at least right in its first conclusion. This little act of vandalism will in the first instance mean more business for some glazier. The glazier will be no unhappy to learn of the incident than an undertaker to learn of a death. But the shopkeeper will be out $50 that he was planning to spend for a new suit. Because he has had to replace a window, he will have to go without the suit (or some equivalent need or luxury). Instead of having a window and $50 he now has merely a window. Or, as he was planning to buy the suit that very afternoon, instead of having both a window and a suit he must be content with the window and no suit. If we think of him as a part of the community, the community has lost a new suit that might otherwise have come into being, and is just that much poorer.
The glazier’s gain of business, in short, is merely the tailor’s loss of business. No new “employment” has been added. The people in the crowd were thinking only of two parties to the transaction, the baker and the glazier. They had forgotten the potential third party involved, the tailor. They forgot him precisely because he will not now enter the scene. They will see the new window in the next day or two. They will never see the extra suit, precisely because it will never be made. They see only what is immediately visible to the eye.
THE BLESSINGS OF DESTRUCTION
So we have finished with the broken window. An elementary fallacy. Anybody, one would think, would be able to avoid it after a few moments’ thought. Yet the broken- window fallacy, under a hundred disguises, is the most persistent in the history of economics. It is more ram- pant now than at any time in the past. It is solemnly re- affirmed every day by great captains of industry, by chambers of commerce, by labor union leaders, by editorial writers and newspaper columnists and radio commentators, by learned statisticians using the most refined techniques, by professors of economics in our best universities. In their various ways they all dilate upon the advantages of destruction.
Though some of them would disdain to say that there are net benefits in small acts of destruction, they see al- most endless benefits in enormous acts of destruction. They tell us how much better off economically we all are in war than in peace. They see “miracles of production” which it requires a war to achieve. And they see a post- war world made certainly prosperous by an enormous “accumulated” or “backed-up” demand. In Europe they joyously count the houses, the whole cities that have been leveled to the ground and that “will have to be replaced.” In America they count the houses that could not be built during the war, the nylon stockings that could not be supplied, the worn-out automobiles and tires, the obsolescent radios and refrigerators. They bring together formidable totals.
It is merely our old friend, the broken-window fallacy, in new clothing, and grown fat beyond recognition. This time it is supported by a whole bundle of related fallacies. It confuses need with demand. The more war destroys, the more it impoverishes, the greater is the p war need. Indubitably. But need is not demand. Effective economic demand requires not merely need but corresponding purchasing power. The needs of China too are incomparably greater than the needs of America . But its power, and therefore the,” new business” that it can stimulate, are incomparably smaller.
But if we get past this point, there is a chance for another fallacy, and the broken-windows usually grab it. They think of “purchasing power” merely in terms of money. Now money can be run off ‘by ‘the printing press. As this is being written, in fact, printing money is the world’s biggest industry-if the products measured in monetary terms. But the more money is turned out in this way, the more the value of any given unit of money falls. This falling value can be measured in rising prices of commodities. But as most people are so firmly in the habit of thinking of their wealth and income in terms of money, they consider themselves better off as these monetary totals rise, in spite of the fact that in terms of things they may have less and buy less. ‘Most of the “good” economic-results which people attribute to war are really owing to wartime inflation. They could be produced just as well by an equivalent peacetime inflation. We shall come back to this money illusion later.
Now there is a half-truth in the “backed-up” demand fallacy, just as there -was in the broken-window fallacy. The broken window did make more business for the glazier. The destruction of war will make more business for the producers of certain things. The destruction of houses and cities will make more business for the building and construction industries. The inability to -produce automobiles, radios, and refrigerators during the war will bring about a cumulative post-war demand for those particular products.
To most people this will seem like an increase in total demand, as it may well be in terms of dollars of lower purchasing power. But what really takes place is a diversion of demand to these particular products from others. The people of Europe will build more new houses than otherwise because they must. But when they build more , houses they will have just that much less manpower and productive capacity left over for everything else. When they buy houses they will have just that much less purchasing power for everything else. Wherever business is increased in one direction, it must (except insofar as productive energies may he generally stimulated by a sense of want and urgency) be correspondingly reduced in another.
The war, in short, will change the post-war direction of effort; it will change the balance of industries; it will change the structure of industry. And this in time will also have its consequences. There will he another distribution of demand when accumulated needs for houses and other durable goods have been made up. Then these temporarily favored industries will, relatively, have to shrink again, to allow other industries filling other needs to grow.
It is important to keep in mind, finally, that there will not merely he a difference in the pattern of post-war as compared with pre-war demand. Demand will not merely he diverted from one commodity to another. In most countries it will shrink in total amount.
This is inevitable when we consider that demand and supply are merely two sides of the same coin. They are the same thing looked at from different directions. Supply creates demand because at bottom it is demand. The supply of the thing they make is all that people have, in fact, to offer in exchange for the things they want. In this sense the farmers’ supply of wheat constitutes their demand for automobiles and other goods. The supply of motor cars constitutes the demand of the people in the automobile industry for wheat and other goods. All this is inherent in the modern division of labor and in an exchange economy.
This fundamental fact, it is true, is obscured for most people (including some reputedly brilliant economists) through such complications as wage payments and the indirect form in which virtually all modern exchanges are made through the medium of money. John Stuart Mill and other classical writers, though they sometimes failed to take sufficient account of the complex consequences resulting from the use of money, at least saw through the monetary veil to the underlying realities. To that extent they were in advance of many of their present-day critics, who are befuddled by money rather than instructed by it. Mere inflation-that is, the mere issuance of more money, with the consequence of higher wages and prices-may look like the creation of more demand. But in terms of the actual production and exchange of real things it is not. Yet a fall in post-war demand may be concealed from many people by the illusions caused by higher money wages that are more than offset by higher prices.
Post-war demand in most countries, to repeat, will shrink in absolute amount as compared with pre-war demand because post-war supply will have shrunk. This should be obvious enough in Germany and Japan , where scores of great cities were leveled to the ground. The point, in short, is plain enough when we make the case extreme enough. If England, instead of being hurt only to the extent she was by her participation in the war, had had all her great cities destroyed, all her factories destroyed and almost all her accumulated capital and consumer goods destroyed, so that her people had been reduced to the economic level of the Chinese, few people would be talking about the great accumulated and backed up demand caused by the war. It would be obvious that buying power had been wiped out to the same extent that productive power had been wiped out. A runaway monetary inflation, lifting prices a thousand fold, might none the less make the “national income” figures in monetary terms higher than before the war. But those who would be deceived by that into imagining themselves richer than before the war would be beyond the reach of rational argument. Yet the same principles apply to a small war destruction as to an overwhelming one.
There may be, it is true, offsetting factors. Technological discoveries and advances during the war, for example, may increase individual or national productivity at this point or that. The destruction of war will, it is true, divert post-war demand from some channels into others. And a certain number of people may continue to be deceived indefinitely regarding their real economic welfare by rising wages and prices caused by an excess of printed money. But the belief that a genuine prosperity can be brought about by a “replacement demand” for things destroyed or not made during the war is none the less a palpable fallacy.
More Articles by the Author
Why Obama's Stimulus Plan Will Fail… and a Better Alternative (Feature Article for CampaignForLiberty.com)
Local Currency – A Real Stimulus Plan (Feature Article for CampaignForLibert
.com, please read the discussion section too, it was quite good!)
Latest posts by Jake Towne, the Champion of the Constitution (see all)
- Ron Paul Wins 5 Delegates in Pennsylvania; Romney Officially Has Zero - April 26, 2012
- Ron Paul Delegate Wins in Pennsylvania's 17th District - April 25, 2012
- Ron Paul All Set to Win Iowa and Minnesota - April 24, 2012
- Ron Paul Takes the Lead in Iowa as Gingrich Fades - December 19, 2011
- Pennsylvania GOP Gerrymanders the Lehigh Valley - December 17, 2011
- Ron Paul #2 in GOP Fundraising - July 6, 2011
- Jon Huntsman Enters 2012 GOP Field - June 21, 2011
- Gold Hits All-Time High in British Pounds - June 20, 2011
- CIA Militarization Continues - June 17, 2011
- Food and Goods Inflation on the Rise - June 17, 2011
- Obama Defies Congress Over Warmaking Powers - June 16, 2011
- Jake Towne – “Jobs, Debt, Veterans, and War” Speech - October 6, 2010
- Happy Constitution Day! - September 17, 2010
- Charlie Dent – A Dependent Follower - September 9, 2010
- Jake Towne: Where's John Callahan on the Wars? - August 27, 2010
- Charlie Dent Paid $101,000 by Military-Industrial Complex - August 27, 2010
- Solutions with Hydraulic Fracturing or “Fracking” - August 24, 2010
- Statement on the Ground Zero Mosque by Jake Towne - August 17, 2010
- The People's Money - August 16, 2010
- The Economy in Pictures - August 5, 2010
- Jake Towne Calls on Charlie Dent to Repeal Health Care Tax - July 30, 2010
- Hey Republocrats! Focus on the Issues! - July 29, 2010
- Jake Towne to Charlie Dent – Is That the Best You Can Do? - July 26, 2010
- Charlie Dent Reluctant to Debate Jake Towne - July 23, 2010
- John Callahan Campaign Spies on Towne Hall - July 16, 2010
- China Devalues US Treasury Bonds - July 14, 2010
- Social Security… or Insecurity? - June 29, 2010
- Jake Towne on Your Personal Liberties - June 21, 2010
- Who Supports Bailouts? Jake Towne, Charlie Dent, or John Callahan? - June 18, 2010
- A Lesson from Greece - June 8, 2010
- Remarks at Friends of George Donnelly Protest - June 6, 2010
- The Economy in Pictures - May 25, 2010
- Nullification – The Forgotten Check on the Federal Government - May 21, 2010
- America's Ridiculous Toy Money - May 14, 2010
- Due Process is NOT a Hellfire Missile – A Message for Congressman Charlie Dent - May 8, 2010
- Dow Crashes, Gold Spikes - May 7, 2010
- Jake Towne on HR 5013, the Dept. of Defense's IMPROVE Act - May 3, 2010
- Jake Towne on HR 5146, the Congressional Pay Freeze and HR 5017 Rural Housing Service Subsidies - May 3, 2010
- Jake Towne's Comments on HR 2499, the Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2009 - May 3, 2010
- One Step Closer to the End of the Yellow Brick Road - May 2, 2010
- Jake Towne – Jobs Talk at Moravian College - May 1, 2010
- Time to Sheathe the Sword - April 29, 2010
- Does the Federal Reserve REALLY Control Interest Rates? - April 29, 2010
- Celebrate Earth Day – No Toxic Dollar Bills - April 28, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Speech at LiberTEA Party - April 20, 2010
- Freedom From Fascism - March 22, 2010
- The Guantanamo Problem – Part 2 - March 10, 2010
- PATRIOT Act Backdoor Extension Passes Congress - March 1, 2010
- What is an Olympic Gold Medal Worth? - February 25, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Liberty Candidates Mourn the Deaths of 1,000 Soldiers in Afghanistan - February 23, 2010
- Jake Towne Replies to Dent and Callahan on High Electric Bills - February 21, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Statement on Joe Stack and the IRS Austin Plane Crash - February 21, 2010
- Open Letter to Congressman Charlie Dent from Jake Towne on HR 4061, the Cybersecurity Enhancement Act - February 12, 2010
- Bloody Summer Ahead in Afghanistan - February 10, 2010
- America’s Greatest and Strangest Political Secret - February 9, 2010
- Jake Towne – John Callahan Clueless on Job Recovery - February 7, 2010
- Jake Towne – Common Sense Fixes the Job Market - February 3, 2010
- The Pension Problem - January 31, 2010
- Jake Towne’s State of the Union Reaction - January 28, 2010
- Independent Jake Towne Skyrockets to a “Stunningly High” 8% in the Polls - January 27, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Signs Club for Growth Pledge to “Repeal It!!” - January 23, 2010
- Scott Brown, Just Another Republocrat - January 22, 2010
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Announces Support of Ron Paul’s HR 4248 - January 21, 2010
- The Guantanamo Problem – Part 1 - January 19, 2010
- Remarks on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and New Radio Show Announcement!! - January 18, 2010
- Jake Towne’s Sound Money and Jobs Plank - January 16, 2010
- Aid for the Haiti Disaster - January 14, 2010
- Venezuela Devalues Bolivar Against the Dollar by 50% - January 11, 2010
- The Next Defense – Nullification of the Health Care Tax - January 8, 2010
- Congress Spending Like Drunken Sailors - January 7, 2010
- Chasing “Gelten” Shadows - January 3, 2010
- Guns or Health Care? - January 2, 2010
- Is the Dollar a Ponzi Scheme? - December 31, 2009
- GATA Sues the Federal Reserve & Alleges Manipulation of the Gold Market - December 31, 2009
- Pennsylvania’s Pension Crisis Approaches - December 26, 2009
- Health Care is NOT a Right - December 22, 2009
- Jake Towne Finds a Way to Provide Health Care for the 15th Congressional District - December 20, 2009
- The Government’s “War” on Main Street - December 4, 2009
- Ron Paul – “The Gold Price is Rigged by Central Banks” - November 28, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Speech at the Philadelphia Federal Reserve, November 22, 2009 - November 28, 2009
- FDIC Officially Goes Bankrupt - November 25, 2009
- END THE FED…. Then What? – The Transition to Sound Money - November 24, 2009
- END THE FED – HR 3996, the Automatic Bailout Bill of 2009 - November 21, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Afghanistan War Plank - November 15, 2009
- Remember the Constitution and our Veterans Today - November 11, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne on FOX Freedom Watch – “The Independent Movement” - November 10, 2009
- Independent Challenger for Congress Invites Dent and Callahan to Debate - November 8, 2009
- Remember, Remember the Fifth of November!! - November 4, 2009
- Jake Towne to Nancy Pelosi – Are YOU Serious? - October 26, 2009
- Abolish the Federal Department of Education!!! - October 20, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Congressional Candidate Jake Towne: Stimulus Plan Ineffective in the Lehigh Valley - October 18, 2009
- Liberty Candidates 2010: The Year of HOPE - October 17, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Iraq War Plank - October 15, 2009
- Barack Obama, Elinor Ostrom, and the Nobel Prize (PART 2/2) - October 13, 2009
- Barack Obama, Elinor Ostrom, and the Nobel Prize (PART 1/2) - October 13, 2009
- Preparation Time is Running Out - October 7, 2009
- On the Dollar – Congressman Charlie Dent Answers a Question from Jake Towne - September 29, 2009
- America’s Military Empire (UPDATED) - September 28, 2009
- THE OPEN OFFICE – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent - September 21, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Bailout and Corporatism Plank - September 16, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Veterans Plank - September 11, 2009
- Transparency and Accountability – Jake Towne’s ‘Our Open Office’ Plank - September 9, 2009
- NAIS – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - September 4, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Job Description for 2011-2012 - September 4, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Plank on the Federal Reserve - September 2, 2009
- Jake Towne’s 4th Amendment Speech Against Lancaster Camera Surveillance - August 30, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Protest Against Privatized Camera Surveillance System in Lancaster, Pennsylvania - August 28, 2009
- FDIC: “We Aren’t Bankrupt and Everything is A-OK” - August 27, 2009
- The FED Dances as Rome Burns - August 27, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Income Tax Plank - August 27, 2009
- Jake Towne’s “Right to Bear Arms” Plank - August 25, 2009
- The “Other” Party - August 24, 2009
- Jake Towne’s Talk on Financial Derivatives to CC-BASD - August 19, 2009
- The FDIC is Bankrupt - August 17, 2009
- Jake Towne for Congress: The Concept of “Our Open Office” - August 17, 2009
- A Declaration of Independence and Constitution Class Made Easy - August 15, 2009
- Yes, Virginia, There Are No Reserve Requirements (PART 2/2) - August 12, 2009
- Health Care –An Open Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - August 10, 2009
- Health Care: Another Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - August 9, 2009
- Fractional Reserve Banking in Pictures (PART 1/2) - August 6, 2009
- Jake Towne for Congress 2010: Health Care Platform Announcement - August 4, 2009
- BOOK REVIEW:Douglas Gnazzo’s “Honest Money” - July 25, 2009
- Congress Responsible for Mini-Bailout of $6.2 Billion to Delphi and Next Week’s Quarter-Trillion of New Debt - July 23, 2009
- Why Foreign Aid? – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - July 21, 2009
- Social Security’s $700,000 Resort Meeting and Our Future - July 20, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Jake Towne Files with FEC for Lehigh Valley Congressional Bid - July 16, 2009
- Unlocking the Money Matrix – The Summers Gold Price Suppression Scheme (PART 13/15) - July 13, 2009
- “The Wreck of the Hesperus” andthe Meltdown of the Global Monetary System - July 9, 2009
- The Swedish Chef “Banks” Some Chocolate Mousse - July 8, 2009
- READ THE BILLS – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - July 7, 2009
- Jake Towne on “Regaining Our Individual Rights” - July 4, 2009
- Lehigh Valley Independence Day Rally & Tea Party - July 3, 2009
- Wall Street Journal Reports 401k Withdrawals Frozen or Slowed - June 30, 2009
- FED to Monetize Another $1.75 Trillion in 2009 - June 29, 2009
- One Subject at a Time – Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - June 28, 2009
- The Bubble Blowers: Goldman Sachs and Cap and Trade - June 28, 2009
- The Money Matrix – Who Owns the FED (UPDATED PART 7/15) - June 21, 2009
- Unlocking the Money Matrix – The Real Interest Rate (PART 12/15) - June 17, 2009
- R.I.P. – The London Gold Pool, 1961-1968 - June 14, 2009
- STATUS REPORT: Ron Paul’s Audit the FED Act, HR 1207 and S 604 - June 10, 2009
- The “50 Laboratories” Model - June 8, 2009
- Bernanke Speak: Translated - June 6, 2009
- D-Day Has Arrived - June 5, 2009
- What Is Wealth? - June 4, 2009
- Re: Health Care – An Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne - June 4, 2009
- RALLY AT THE BREACH!! – A Note on the U.S. Constitution - May 28, 2009
- Bank United Collapses – FDIC “Insurance” Getting Wiped Out - May 21, 2009
- Gold and the “Average Man” - May 17, 2009
- Ron Paul’s rEVOLution Versus the “One Ring” of the Federal Reserve - May 13, 2009
- A Public Thank You to Congressman Charles Dent from Jake Towne on HR 1207, the “Audit the FED” Bill - May 7, 2009
- STATUS REPORT:Ron Paul’s Audit the FED Act, HR 1207 - May 7, 2009
- Open Letter to Congressman Dent from Jake Towne on Auditing the FED - May 5, 2009
- The Gold War – China and the US Treasury Market - May 5, 2009
- Letter to the Editor on Local Currency - May 4, 2009
- MAYDAY!Jake Towne for US Congress, Pennsylvania 15th District (UPDATED 5/30) - May 1, 2009
- SCANDALS – The Jane Harman, Nancy Pelosi, AIPAC, Alberto Gonzales, Power Ranger Spy Plot and the Biden Boys - May 1, 2009
- China Nearly Doubles its Official Gold Reserves - April 24, 2009
- The Zombie Bank Dance:Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, the FED, and Treasury Do a Jig - April 24, 2009
- El Paso, Texas Policeman Roughs Up News Reporter - April 22, 2009
- Ron Paul – The Gray Champion - April 22, 2009
- Off a Cliff with No Airbags: The FED Banking System Quivers in Fright - April 21, 2009
- PRESS RELEASE – Nazareth, Pennsylvania Tea Party on Tax Day - April 15, 2009
- Thank You for Paying Your “Voluntary” Income Tax! Love, The IRS - April 13, 2009
- Amazing Public Comments on the FDIC/Treasury “Legacy Loans Program” - April 11, 2009
- A Conversation on the Latest FEDspeak on Inflation and Deflation - April 10, 2009
- “Dude, What’s Up With These Cop and Spy Shows?” - April 10, 2009
- America’s Military Empire - April 9, 2009
- The Money Matrix – Bring Light to Dark Derivatives! (PART 11/15) - April 7, 2009
- Campaign For Liberty Staffer Detained by Airport TSA for Carrying Cash - April 7, 2009
- The Money Matrix on “Credetary” Inflation and Deflation (PART 9/15) - April 7, 2009
- Let’s HOPE We Avoid a Vietnam Body Count in Afghanistan and Iraq – THE OBAMA WARS PART 2/3 - March 30, 2009
- Open Up Your Computer – Obama Wants a Look Inside!! - March 30, 2009
- Silver Backwardation Bout Ends as SLV Fails to Announce its New Custodian (PART 2/2) - March 29, 2009
- Silver and Gold ARE Money (PART 1/2) - March 29, 2009
- On My Resignation - March 26, 2009
- Ron Paul’s Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 - March 1, 2009
- The Federal Reserve Replies on its Stock Ownership and Treasury Purchases - February 28, 2009
- Judge Napolitano and Ron Paul’s “Freedom Watch” - February 24, 2009
- The Federal Reserve – A Good Company to Work For? - February 23, 2009
- 18 Days and Counting – Silver Backwardation Persists in the London Market Place - February 14, 2009
- Beijing Skyscraper Burns From “Firecrackers” - February 12, 2009
- Silver in Backwardation!Has the Last Contango Been Danced in Washington? - January 30, 2009
- GATA’s Message on Gold and Silver Manipulation to Barack Obama (PART 2/2) - January 29, 2009
- The Year of the Ox Arrives in China, Land of “Currency Manipulation” (PART 1/2) - January 27, 2009
- Pirates! - January 27, 2009
- “Oh-Bomb-Ah” Launches First Attack on Pakistan – THE OBAMA WARS PART 1/3 - January 24, 2009
- Obama Takes One Big Step Forward on Guantanamo Bay! - January 23, 2009
- The Oath of Obama, Why His Stimulus Plan Will Fail and What to Do Instead - January 22, 2009
- Barack Obama on Gaza and Mumbai – Hypocrite Extraordinaire - January 18, 2009
- Anthropogenic Global Warming or an Ice Age, Which Is It? (PART 2/2) - January 15, 2009
- Ron Paul, Gaza, and the BIS – (The Gaza Slaughter Epilogue II) - January 14, 2009
- Barack Obama Appoints Socialist Carol Browner as Global Warming Czar (PART 1/2) - January 13, 2009
- Ron Paul Shows Some Outrage (The Gaza Slaughter – Epilogue) - January 11, 2009
- The Top Nolan Chart Articles of 2008 - January 10, 2009
- Deceptions: A Short Essay on Labeling (The Gaza Slaughter PART 6/6) - January 5, 2009
- Ron Paul and I Stand Alone on Gaza and Israel (The Gaza Slaughter 5/6) - January 4, 2009
- The Champion of the Constitution’s Saver’s Wish List for 2009 - January 4, 2009
- Cynthia McKinney and the Israeli Attacks on the Dignity and USS Liberty (The Gaza Slaughter 4/6) - January 4, 2009
- END THE FED!Flyer for The International – The Movie - January 4, 2009
- Israel Military Bulldozes & Kills American Protester in Gaza (The Gaza Slaughter 2/6) - January 3, 2009
- Israel Military Kills American Protester – An Economic Perspective (The Gaza Slaughter 3/6) - January 3, 2009
- Israeli Conscientious Objectors – The Shministim (The Gaza Slaughter PART 1/6) - January 1, 2009
- US Soldier 2008 Body Count in Afghanistan Sets All-Time High - December 31, 2008
- Silver – The Cure for AIDS - December 29, 2008
- Bernanke’s Great Lie – The “Gold Standard” and the Great Depression (PART 2/2) - December 25, 2008
- CFR Reports Pakistan Spy Agency Killing American Soldiers in Afghanistan - December 22, 2008
- The “Great Slump” of 2008 (PART 1/2) - December 20, 2008
- Rioting at the Gates of Thermopylae: The Ramparts of the FED & Central Banks Shudder - December 14, 2008
- Madoff Collapse Devastates Anti-Bush Lawyer - December 14, 2008
- More on Gold and Silver Backwardation and Manipulation (5/5) - December 14, 2008
- The Significance of Gold Backwardation Explained (4/5) - December 11, 2008
- Fred Thompson Wishes You Some “Holiday Cheer!” - December 10, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What the Heck Are Derivatives? (PART 10/15) - December 9, 2008
- On Gold and Market Manipulation (3/5) - December 8, 2008
- Will Joey Biden Be President?THE BARACK OBAMA BIRTH SAGA CONTINUES (Updated 12/9/08) - December 7, 2008
- The Next Bubble to Pop! (2/5) - December 7, 2008
- The End for the Dollar and all Fiat Currencies (1/5) - December 6, 2008
- Ron Paul Is Wrong – George W. Bush Must Be Tried for MURDER! - December 6, 2008
- SPOOF: New Element Discovered in America! - December 5, 2008
- Words of Advice for the next Secretary of State - December 3, 2008
- Ron Paul Wastes Chance to Deliver KO Punch to FED - November 20, 2008
- Please, Sir, I want some more… - November 18, 2008
- The Money Matrix – How the FED Works (PART 6/15) - November 17, 2008
- END THE FED! Protest to take place on Saturday, 11/22/08 - November 16, 2008
- Bank and Credit Union 2008 Body Count at 32 - November 9, 2008
- The Drones Did It! - November 8, 2008
- The Real Battle of November isn’t for the White House - November 6, 2008
- Was the Paulson Plan a ‘SHAM’ of a ‘SCAM’? - November 4, 2008
- Everyone Votes for Jane and Joe Schmoe for President on Tuesday! - November 3, 2008
- Iraq Demands US Troops Leave by 2011 - November 2, 2008
- Semi-Spoof News Flash – American Forces Attack Syria, Eight Die - October 29, 2008
- Can Barack Obama Be President? – THE SAGA CONTINUES! (10/29 Update) - October 29, 2008
- Are You An American?The Police State vs. the Hempstead 15 (Part 3/3) - October 29, 2008
- MY PROPHECY – The Federal Reserve Will End!A Money Matrix Addendum - October 29, 2008
- FDIC Gives Alpha Bank the Axe! - October 27, 2008
- Police State Stomps on Iraq Veteran’s Face as McBama Sanctions Attack on Freedom of Speech: The Story of the Hempstead 15 (Part 1/3) - October 25, 2008
- SPOOF:Ron Paul Promises To Return When Country Needs Him Most - October 25, 2008
- Is Barack Obama “The One”? - October 24, 2008
- NY Times Reports the Banks Say They Will Hoard their Bailout Cash-Loot - October 23, 2008
- An Anti-Ron Paul Deflationary Economic Theory - October 21, 2008
- Terrorist Completes Ultramarathon!And Gold Hits New Highs! - October 19, 2008
- THE SAGA CONTINUES – John McCain and Barack Obama – Can They Even BE President? - October 14, 2008
- Cynthia McKinney and the Alleged 5,000 Dead Hurricane Katrina Inmates - October 5, 2008
- Fight the Tactics of our Congress, McBama, and Bush with Ron Paul and I - October 3, 2008
- The Nader-Palin Debate – Is It Time for the Revolution to “Go Viral” Again? - October 3, 2008
- Nolan Chart Facebook Group Page Created - October 3, 2008
- SENATE PASSES BAILOUT!And What to Do, NOW!(New Update from Vern McKinley) - October 2, 2008
- Plea for a Nolan Chart Facebook Account - October 2, 2008
- Articles Written - October 1, 2008
- The Sun Sets in New York - October 1, 2008
- Ron Paul and Federal Aid for Hurricane Ike - September 30, 2008
- HEY! CONGRESS! Al-Qaeda does NOT have an Air Force! - September 30, 2008
- Blast from the Past – Vern McKinley Warned of Freddie and Fannie – in 1997! - September 29, 2008
- A Speech Barack Obama Could Give to Win the Presidency, Ron Paul, and Carroll Quigley’s “Tragedy and Hope” - September 28, 2008
- Save Ron Paul’s Voice – A Money Matrix Addendum - September 28, 2008
- Henry Paulson – A Quick Look at the Man - September 27, 2008
- Spill a Soda, Go to Jail for a Year - September 27, 2008
- WaMu Gets the FDIC WHAM-O! - September 26, 2008
- The Next American War of Terror in Pakistan Continues – Marriot Hotel Bombing Portends Blowback Event on American Soil - September 22, 2008
- A Money Matrix Addendum:Citigroup and GATA Call for an End to the Suppression of the Gold Market - September 22, 2008
- Yes, West Virginia, There is a Banking, Housing, and Financial Crisis – FDIC Closes Ameribank - September 22, 2008
- Answering Matt Damon’s Question on Sarah Palin - September 21, 2008
- Answering Matt Damon’s Question and Bob Barr Should Ask Sarah Palin to be his VP (PART 1/2) - September 21, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty Hits 100,000! - September 9, 2008
- US Treasury Seizes Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac!And What It Means - September 8, 2008
- FDIC Closes the Silver State Bank in Nevada as a McCain Resigns in Disgrace - September 7, 2008
- WAR!America Attacks Pakistan - September 5, 2008
- RETRACTION – John McCain Crashed or Damaged Five Warplanes, Not Three - September 1, 2008
- John McCain and Barack Obama – Can They Even BE President? - September 1, 2008
- Israeli Attack on the USS Liberty Leaves 34 Americans Dead, 173 Wounded. John McCain, Jr. Led the Cover-Up - August 31, 2008
- America, Were Michael Phelps’ Eight Olympic Gold Medals Worth Winning? - August 24, 2008
- The Money Matrix on the Grand Deception of Seigniorage (PART 5/15) - August 24, 2008
- Iran and Georgia:President Bush, Why Don’t You Just Shut Up? - August 18, 2008
- Ron Paul and the Struggles of Attrition - August 17, 2008
- Bush and Gang Prepares to Unleash Hell on Iran.Is the Georgian War a Stepping Stone? - August 12, 2008
- Response to Disgruntled Reader on “Malalai Joya” Article - August 11, 2008
- A Galactic Look at all this War-stuff and the Fibonacci Sequence in Tool’s Lateralus - August 8, 2008
- A Salute to Malalai Joya – Afghanistan’s Tom Paine - August 8, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What is Honest Money? (PART 4/15) - August 7, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What Makes Money Money? (PART 3/15) - August 3, 2008
- Iraq Smolders as American War Deaths in Afghanistan Reach All-Time Records - August 2, 2008
- The Money Matrix – What is a Dollar Bill Worth? (PART 2/15) - August 2, 2008
- The Money Matrix – Prelude (PART 1/15) - August 1, 2008
- Police State Invades Mayor’s Home & Kills His Dogs (UPDATED) - August 1, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Joins Ron Paul’s Campaign for Liberty! - July 31, 2008
- Book Synopsis: The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder by Vincent Bugliosi - July 29, 2008
- The George W Bush Impeachment Hearing’s Media Blackout - July 25, 2008
- Ron Paul Reports – The “Mother of All Bailouts” Bill - July 24, 2008
- US Military Draft Creeps Closer – Ron Paul and I Defy Senators “Barackcuda” Obama and “Just-Bomb-It” McCain - July 21, 2008
- A Poem – America, You are So Cold - July 20, 2008
- The 3 Trillion Dollar Government: Hyperinflation in America? (Part 1/2) - July 13, 2008
- Dear Bob Barr – Are You Really One of Us?Signed, a Ron Paul Revolutionary (PART 1/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr Voted for the Iraq War but Says He is Sorry (PART 2/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr Voted for the Patriot Act but Says He is Sorry (PART 3/6) - June 6, 2008
- Bob Barr, What is the Cost of Money? Because Ron Paul and I think you Don’t Know (PART 4/6) - June 6, 2008
- Dear Bob Barr, Ron Paul Knows where the “Road to Roota” Leads, Do You? (PART 5/6) - June 6, 2008
- Billionaires for the Ron Paul Revolution (PART 6/6) - June 6, 2008
- A Critique of Iraq War Music Videos - May 31, 2008
- This Article is Illegal - May 29, 2008
- The Gauntlet is Thrown – The Champion of the Constitution vs. David Petraeus - May 19, 2008
- WARGATE:Rumsfeld Calls for “Another Attack” of Terror to Bolster Support for Bush - May 17, 2008
- Preemptive War and Freedom Video Clips - May 16, 2008
- Bob Barr – Assassin of the Ron Paul Revolution? - May 15, 2008
- Andrea Gibson’s “For Eli”, Vern McKinley and Anti-war Reflections - May 5, 2008
- My Father’s Vietnam is My Iraq –Disturbing Parallels - May 2, 2008
- A Federal Reserve Puzzle for the Reader: Where does “The Road to Roota” Lead? - May 1, 2008
- Iran Declares War on the Dollar =More War for America - April 30, 2008
- First They Came for Those Who Didn’t Pay Their Taxes… - April 19, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Joins the Ron Paul Revolution - April 13, 2008
- We the People Warn The Time for America’s War with Iran Has Arrived - March 30, 2008
- We the People versus the Might of the US Government - March 2, 2008
- Kosovo: Ron Paul versus the Policy of Foreign Interventionism - February 24, 2008
- Ron Paul versus the 3 Trillion Dollar Government - February 23, 2008
- Death, Taxes, War, and Heroes - February 22, 2008
- An Hypocrisy of Terms: Liberal and Conservative - February 14, 2008
- Saudi Arabia:The True Cause of the Iraq War? - February 13, 2008