Americans are youth oriented. We spend billions on hair dye, plastic surgery, hair implants… and that's just the men!
So, it should come as no surprise that any organization that has the word OLD in its name is going to have a serious problem selling itself. Look what happened to the popularity of the “merry OLD Oldsmobile”.
“Never trust anyone over the age of 30” wasn't so much as a slogan as it was a way of life in the mid-60's. The Pepsi Generation doesn't drink Medamucil! Youth is rebellious, opinionated, argumentative, and very rarely do they follow the advice of their elders. Especially in politics.
The Grand OLD party needs a face lift to bring it out of the dark ages of the past. In this century of BlackBerry and Bluetooth, twitter and texting, the Republicans appear to be stuck in the past. They continue to adhere to old ideas and flawed logic, and travel on the same Republican road which brought us Nixon's Watergate, Reagan's Iran-Contra scandal, and George W. Bush's… everything.
We can forgive the personal infidelities of our young presidents Kennedy and Clinton, but not the dishonesty we've only known with our Republican representatives; Nixon's aides H. R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman, and more recently Tom Delay, David Vitter, Larry Craig, Ted Stevens, Rush Limbaugh and Dick Cheney.
It's no wonder the Republican Party is having a difficult time selling their version of a “new” direction when the message is being given by “old” faces of 66 -year- old Newt Gingrich, or 62- year- old Mitt Romney.
Youthful inexperience is never a deterrent when put up against youthful enthusiasm and energy. Just ask any experienced unemployed 55 year old applying for a job against twenty-somethings just out of college.
Ron Paul's campaign of revolution might have made a significant difference in the outcome of the Republican primary had he been a young man of 47. What the young voters of America wanted, rallied for, and elected was a YOUNG President they could trust, not simply follow. A leader who would communicate with them, and not dictate to them. A brother, not a father.
Had the Republican establishment listened to, instead of dismissed, Ron Paul's message of individual rights, personal liberty, limited government and strict adherence to the U.S. Constitution , which excited so many, then found a young person to carry that message, that candidate would have led the Republican Party all the way to the White House.
But the Grand OLD Party wasn't listening then, and it's still not listening now. Seems you really can't teach an old dog new tricks, emphasis on the old, when the dog continues to play the same old tricks in spite of the lessons of past failures.
As long as the Republicans are more concerned with appeasing their ever- shrinking Christian and Conservative base with a platform of inequality under the law, total disregard of freedom, invading foreign countries, and continue to follow old men with old ideas, they will go the way of the dinosaurs.
The future belongs to the young and what that future needs need is a Grand NEW Party.Tweet
Latest posts by Raven West (see all)
- On this Memorial Day 2013, the Question Remains the Same - May 27, 2013
- Atlas Shrugged Part II– A Disappointment from Start to Finish - October 16, 2012
- How Ron Paul Guaranteed Mitt Romney's Nomination - March 31, 2012
- 9-11 – A Return to Sanity - September 11, 2011
- Sarah Palin's Magical Mystery Tour - June 11, 2011
- Ron Paul Should NOT Run for President - May 14, 2011
- The Atlas Shrugged Phenomena - April 24, 2011
- Atlas Shrugged The Movie – Part 1 Review - April 18, 2011
- Is the American Dream Over? - March 26, 2011
- Equalization of Opportunity Bill for Literature Passed! - March 20, 2011
- Mosque or No Mosque – NIMBY - August 15, 2010
- U.S. Constitution – 1, Anti-Gay Rights Proponents – 0 - August 8, 2010
- Faster is Not Aways Better - August 2, 2010
- Rand Paul – The Republitarian - May 23, 2010
- Sarah in Wonderland - March 7, 2010
- Tiger Tiger Burning Bright,Do Not Go Gently Into that Good-Night - December 20, 2009
- I LOVE Sarah Palin! - November 17, 2009
- Landscapers Win ChicagoTurf War - October 30, 2009
- Charlie Crist Help Kill My Father - October 18, 2009
- Government Heath Care – NOT - October 11, 2009
- September 11, 2009…Eight Years and Counting - September 11, 2009
- Man Bites Dog…uh Finger, Immediate Front Page News! - September 3, 2009
- Breaking News : Michael Jackson’s Death Ruled A ‘Homicide’ - September 3, 2009
- I’m Leaving On A Jet Plane – Maybe - August 23, 2009
- The Heath Care Debate is Making Me Sick - August 23, 2009
- The Health Care Scare - August 20, 2009
- The “Fish Cheer” 40 years later - August 19, 2009
- Let’s Kill Grandma – Well All Right! - August 14, 2009
- The Perception of Recession - August 9, 2009
- Memories of Woodstock – 40 Years later - August 6, 2009
- Westlake Village puts another nail in the coffin of the suffering - July 31, 2009
- Affirmative Action is Wrong In A Free Society - July 30, 2009
- Sotomayor – Ricci Decision Was Legally Sound - July 12, 2009
- Ron Paul’s Oscar Winning Performance - July 10, 2009
- Michael Jackson – Taking the “Human” Out of Humanitarian - July 8, 2009
- Sara Palin – Exit Stage Left - July 4, 2009
- The Affairs of State vs The Affairs of the Heart - July 1, 2009
- Sotomayor – Activist or Human Being? - June 1, 2009
- Happily NEVER after? - June 1, 2009
- How to Resuscitate the Republican Party - May 12, 2009
- Enhanced Interrogation Techniques, Coming Soon to a Theater Near You - May 5, 2009
- Help Wanted: Supreme Court Justice posted on Careerbuilders.com. - May 3, 2009
- What If They Threw a Party and No One Came? - May 1, 2009
- Want to Know How to Torture? Just Ask My Mother - April 29, 2009
- Are We Really Ready for Liberty? - April 22, 2009
- Tea Bags and Temper Tantrums - April 15, 2009
- Sometimes a Monkey is Just a Monkey - February 25, 2009
- One MAN’s loss is not the End - January 9, 2008
- Ron Paul, A True Cinderella Story - January 6, 2008
- The Devil You Know - January 5, 2008
- Ron Paul’s “Family Values” - December 23, 2007