Of course I don't think so. I suspect you think I am. You didn't say that so I won't presume to know what you think. I'll just answer the question.
Oh no, I'm not at all harsh on President Obama. I have no more and no less criticism for Obama than I did for Bush II, Clinton I, Bush I and Ronald Reagan because as far as I'm concerned, they are the same despicable person, policy-wise. They have all sold our future down the sewer for political gain; each at a terrifyingly accelerated rate over his predecessor.
My pointing out the unavoidable consequences of actions taken by the Obama administration and the policies they use to justify them MUST be blunt; there is no way to candy-coat disaster of this magnitude. It has nothing to do with the person; Barack Obama is irrelevant. He is just another Caesar. Comes the time, comes the fool and the people somehow manage to put that fool in charge — Tragic comedy at its best but yet it has become how we select President Placeholders.
Expansionary empire-building requires an infinite source of financing, cheap fuel and the collusion of a corrupt congress to keep the momentum going. No individual, regardless how “gifted”, can change our foreign policy substantially without the backing of Congress. Congress is the problem. The manipulation of the people who elect congressmen has been the primary political strategy in the USA since before the Constitution was ratified. It was accelerated by the progressive take-over of the education of US citizens. Now after a century of socialist indoctrination there is no one alive not tainted with its rot.
Going back nearly 5,000 years to the time of Hammurabi, history has recorded the consequences of Obama's policies over 3 dozen times. Civilization repeats the same horrors over and over and over yet my criticism of such ignorance and waste is considered harsh? So be it.
As far as I'm concerned this emperor has no clothes, no conscience and no knowledge of the consequences of his actions. As far as I'm concerned, this isn't news, history has recorded the emperor's lack since the dawn of civilization. The individual who happens to be standing there naked at this particular time is irrelevant.
Since history is quite clear and available to anyone, I can only assume that President Obama is economically and historically illiterate, or evil. Based on his behavior and my disbelief in evil, I consider President Obama to be a functionally illiterate puppet who believes the illusions of his grandeur prepared in his honor by those who will reap great wealth from his rapid destruction of the USA. Bush II, on the other hand, didn't need a puppet master because his blind adherence to the foreign policy of a crusading religious warrior was sufficient to get him to carry out the pattern of an empire in collapse without any help from puppet masters…for him, they were simply cheer leaders. It cracks me up that the mainstream Democrats are so obtuse that they cannot imagine a person capable of believing the religious crusades are necessary. Yet Obama is the same man doing the same things for the same reasons and Democrats refuse to see. Hilarious!
Regarding the collapse of this empire, the only thing that remains uncertain is the timing and order of events. What will come next? I don't know. Here are some candidates in no particular order:
– A new or renewed enemy abroad. The war must go on. Besides Harry S. Truman (Remember Hiroshima? Remember Nagasaki?), no Democrat in history has ever ended a war. That's because war is the most powerful political and economic tool ever invented. Democrat/Progressive/Socialist leaders require force and fraud to promote their ideals; illusions cannot stand on their own without ever increasing force being applied. So war is the Democrat way, always has been. Now it is the Republican way too. No difference.
– Jumping between Afghanistan and Iraq is getting old. My guess is that Obama will create a new threat and associate it with the Pashtuns. Woe to those mud-hut dwelling desert warriors.
This article from the Asia Times by Pepe Escobar describes this in detail: The Mother of All Cockfights.
– Continued divisions at home. The progressives are going for the throat as evidenced by the immediate seizure of our banks and industry. Next to war their best tool for justifying the crushing of individual rights and human dignity is fear. Specifically, fear of fellow Americans. This administration will continue to issue ever more divisive assessments of their detractors. Janet Napolitano's goal ultimately is to give the administration justification for martial law. Maybe they will bring back Janet Reno to order up some slaughtering of children for old time's sake. Democrat leaders have no decency or conscience when it comes to imposing their will on the weak and fearful here at home. They will create any situation needed to tighten their grip on individual liberty. Anyone still remember Waco? No, that's right, history starts with George W. Bush.
Republicans have developed an addiction to imposing their will on brown people far from home in the British tradition. Last year I naively believed our current situation was “sometime” 3-5-7 years away…but during the reign of Obama. Instead, in the first 100 days, the Obama administration has destroyed our nation in broad daylight.
– The only way to create their progressive utopia is by force and that force will come from our own military. I am not guessing here, this is inevitable…the only thing that is uncertain is the timing but everything the Obama people are doing is designed to make this happen very much sooner than I had imagined. Soon, US troops will be stationed at the borders. Too soon, they will turn around an point their force at those who attempt to leave the former USA.
– Wage and price controls – fair, equal and pervasive economic slavery is the ultimate goal of socialism. My guess is that wage and price controls will come this year. This summer, 2009.
– Alien and sedition acts – Just like the infamous legislation signed by John Adams. Free speech cannot exist in a socialist utopia.
– Taxes, taxes and more taxes – The wealth that has driven this nation's prosperity will either be taxed out of existence or it will be moved off-shore. Obama has already raised taxes on the poor and middle class by raising tobacco taxes. In his campaign he promised that no one making under $250,000 would experience any tax increase of any kind. He was adamant about this and repeated it dozens of times. Yet his first tax action was to increase taxes on these people. In his first 100 days Obama has acted contrary to his campaign promises nearly 100% of the time yet his fans don't care…it is surreal.
– Inflation. I don't know when this will start in earnest but it is the only possible consequences of the irresponsible fiscal policy the administration is following…just like Bush…just like every president since – pick your favorite starting point. Wilson? Lincoln? Washington? They are nearly all the same in the end. They tout various principles and ideals but are willing to forswear them for political reasons, fear and glory seeking.
– 10-25 years of horribly oppressive socialism. I don't think the really bad stuff will happen for a few years so I'm hoping that between 2020 and 2035 Americans will overthrow the socialists and finally start our economic recovery. With a little luck and some competent state medical slaves, I may still be alive to enjoy freedom again.
Compared to the nightmares that history says is headed for America in the form of violence, poverty, hatred and fear, no criticism of the policies that foster them can be too harsh. Mine has been very mild compared to the awful consequences these policies bring; have always brought.
In the short term I expect to see more big shot suicides. I expect to see more entire families murdered by the father. I expect to see ageism, racism, and every imaginable form of hatred become more prevalent and lead to unimaginable violence. I expect to see food riots in every city. I expect to see conflagrations burning affluent neighborhoods, businesses and libraries. I expect to see police gunning down Americans in the street every day. I expect to see border guards preventing Americans from leaving. I expect these things in my lifetime and I don't think I'm being harsh in pointing out that these situations ALWAYS follow the kinds of policy that our leaders pursue; always, every single time for the span of history. If repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the definition of insanity then I have no alternative but to conclude mankind is an insane species.
It is too late to stop now. We have fallen over the waterfall. No empire has ever recovered from our current state and course. No empire has ever had so far to crash and so little means of support. This isn't going to be pretty. We have no industry, no savings, no self-reliance, no practical knowledge of how to function in a non-subsidized world; the REAL world. Any subsidy, from the minimum wage to debt-financed global warfare causes more of the subsidized commodity to be created. It's all related. Politicians separate, isolate and leverage various aspects of the economy in order to use the power of government subsidy as a political tool. Those who reap wealth from the political manipulation of the economy in turn subsidize the liberal corruption of the hierarchy of political party elected officers until we reach today's pinnacle when the GOP is staffed by liberal war-mongering officers from top to bottom.
Every single one of them must be usurped individually by the voters before any real change can become part of a new foundation that defends individual liberty. We can't recover to a fictional state of economy and we can't recover to a fictional state of founding father libertarianism. We must prepare to create a liberty based society from the bottom up. We might as well get started during the collapse because this job isn't going to get done by anyone else. Get out there. Shape your future.
I shouted from the riverbank for 15 years, urging people to prepare while times were good, pointing out the obvious waterfall down this stream. I pointed to the map of lessons from history we were ignoring.
Now I have to face the fact that I was only on the riverbank in my mind. I'm really in the boat. My map ends at the bottom of the river.
To be fair to Obama, Bush II ensured we have no choice by his massive expansion of government spending. He took us over the falls with his maniacal spending to fight enemies that US policies had created, and that they continue to create at an accelerating rate. To be fair to Bush II and Obama it was Newt Gingrich who catalyzed the efforts to increase the power of the executive branch. His vision has provided the Obama administration with the power to plow our constitution into its grave and a congress corrupt enough to approve of his doing so. To be fair to Newt, it was Ronald Reagan's gullibility that allowed his conservatism to be co-opted by war mongering liberals. It was Reagan's gullibility that allowed him to believe that borrow and spend was any less a socialist tactic than tax and spend is. To be fair, it was Richard Nixon's closing of the gold window that untethered our economy from its earthly constraints and put it in the realm of fantasy. Our current state and historically predicted fate were only a matter of time since that fateful day.
I can't believe how many Christian leaders refuse to see that this earth defines the biological limits on our civilizations. Our path to doom, time and time again, before Christ, after Christ and still, magnificently today, is commenced when mankind bases their world-view on social and material goals that can only be met by detaching our finances from earthly constraints.
Another reason I believe President Obama is illiterate. He doesn't act as if he has a clue about the situation we are in. How in hell can he lead us out of it? He can't, he won't and he has no intentions of doing so as evidenced by his actions that are absolutely certain to make things worse, faster. He is still paddling down the waterfall for all he is worth…just as history tells us he would.
If anyone is interested to know what lies ahead I recommend two books:
1. Empire of Debt, by Bill Bonner and Addison Wiggin
2. Collapse: How Civilizations Choose to Fail or Succeed, by Jared Diamond.
I am the ultimate optimist. Even knowing that we're on the cusp of harsh times, I continue to do the things and live by the principles that comprise the necessary foundation for mankind to recover from the global collapse our recent policies have wrought. I believe the best thing I can do is continue to plant seeds of reason, responsibility and integrity that I hope will one day be incorporated into the next great civilization. They have been abandoned by this current civilization's leaders across the political spectrum and by most of the masses. We all get what is coming…whether we deserve it or not. My goal in life is to deserve as little of the bad and as much of the good that comes my way. Good or bad, I intend to make the most of it.
-Jahfre Fire EaterTweet
Latest posts by Jahfre Fire Eater (see all)
- Don’t Vote -or- Do - November 1, 2014
- Quest for Absolutes Unraveled - October 30, 2014
- Human Action and Fear in Politics - December 21, 2013
- The Illusion of Privacy is a Moral Hazard - August 21, 2013
- Magna Carta Ultimate - July 21, 2013
- Bitcoin Fever – Survivable? - April 7, 2013
- Why Term Limits Are A Bad Idea - April 1, 2013
- Reason and Faith are Incompatible Frames of Reference - March 28, 2013
- Notes on Party Membership - March 18, 2013
- Identifying Behavior Associated With Faith-Based Belief Systems - March 16, 2013
- Don't Let Congress Change Word Definitions By Law - March 15, 2013
- The GOP's Swiss Cheese Principles are the reason for factions. - March 7, 2013
- Addressing the Ways in which the GOP is Broken - March 4, 2013
- Beware the Herdsmen - March 23, 2012
- Don't Waste Your Breath - February 6, 2012
- Why Unions Defend the Worst of their Members; the NDAA 2012 Connect. - February 2, 2012
- Limited Government Response to Ron Paul Detractors - January 29, 2012
- Murray Rothbard Was Wrong - January 27, 2012
- Fear Is On the Run - January 4, 2012
- Don't Waste Your Vote! - November 8, 2011
- The GOP Reagan Library Debate - September 8, 2011
- Patriotism – Pledge – Paul – Party: 2011 Update - June 29, 2011
- Economic Consequences of Human Action - June 8, 2011
- Libertarians Can Learn - May 31, 2011
- Flat Tax?Fair Tax?Consumption Tax? - April 17, 2011
- Political Triage - July 18, 2010
- On Illegal Immigration - July 5, 2010
- From the Mouths of European Babes - June 5, 2010
- Wonderful Things Are Happening in the Colorado GOP. - May 23, 2010
- March Came In like a Hermit and Out Like a Delegate - March 18, 2010
- Eight Reasons Why the Nolan Chart QuizUndermines the Defense of Liberty - March 14, 2010
- More on Labels - March 3, 2010
- BIG BAD ICE!! - February 28, 2010
- History Doesn’t Begin When One Has Their First Political Thought - February 20, 2010
- Which Kind of Liberty Do You Defend? - January 21, 2010
- Save Haiti: Obama’s 2012 Re-election Strategy? - January 16, 2010
- Implications of “Free” Energy - December 17, 2009
- Faith and Fear Vanquish Logic and Reason (and Hope and Change) - December 8, 2009
- Colorado’s “Balloon Boy” Media Circus - October 17, 2009
- This Obvious Fallacy Underlies Libertarianism - October 2, 2009
- Individual actions like Joe Wilson’s “you lie” outburst should not be discouraged - September 20, 2009
- Destructive Distractions: Proper Labels and Precise Definitions - September 5, 2009
- What Right Do I Have? - August 21, 2009
- The GOP is a Broken Tool - June 3, 2009
- Practicing What I Preach - May 30, 2009
- Aren’t You a Bit Negative and Harsh On Our New President? - April 23, 2009
- Glenn Beck’s Herd - March 30, 2009
- One Stop Shopping for Populist Platitudes - March 16, 2009
- Why I’d Leave the Nolan Chart Quiz Just the Way It Is - February 23, 2009
- California Forced to Take Huge Step in the Right Direction - February 18, 2009
- The War on Terror is OVER! - February 5, 2009
- So Why DO Most Economists Ignore Preferences? - February 3, 2009
- The Success I Hope for Obama - January 30, 2009
- The Race to the Bottom - January 24, 2009
- In the Spirit of Hope and Change - January 21, 2009
- The Religion and Tactics of the Barbarians Are NOT the Reason We Kill Them - January 18, 2009
- Learn New Mantras, Meet Fellow Futility Seekers! - January 16, 2009
- Obama-nomics Has Some Folks Fooled. - January 11, 2009
- We All Get What’s Coming Whether We Deserve It or Not - January 6, 2009
- Barack Obama is Irrelevant to the Israeli Invasion of Gaza - January 4, 2009
- Liberal Social Engineering at its Fool Hardy Best - December 30, 2008
- Pay-Per-View War? - December 30, 2008
- Which Way Will the RNC Fall? - December 28, 2008
- Regarding the Article V Convention Debate - December 24, 2008
- Who Says Germans Are Not Funny? - December 24, 2008
- The Politics of the Auto Industry Bail Out - December 20, 2008
- Why Advocating a Constitutional Convention Is Not Revolutionary - December 19, 2008
- Christmas Party Politics Analyzed in Absentia - December 14, 2008
- What Does “Unexpectedly” Mean? - December 11, 2008
- Mr. Paulson, I have enough stuff. - November 26, 2008
- Ron Paul on Patriotism - November 20, 2008
- Enjoy the Deflation… - November 19, 2008
- Ron Paul Could have Been Bob Barr - November 15, 2008
- Where the People Lead, the Leaders Will Follow - November 7, 2008
- There Must Be Consequences - November 6, 2008
- A New President - November 5, 2008
- Last Minute Libertarian Conservative Republican Voting Guide - November 2, 2008
- How Much Time Do We Have Left? - October 28, 2008
- Christian Anarchists for Obamageddon? - October 23, 2008
- Fear Mongering Dogmatic Neocon Propagandists Think Themselves Conservative? - October 12, 2008
- U.S. Senate Passes the “Pocketful of Posies” Bill - October 2, 2008
- Ron Paul’s endorsement makes perfect sense - September 26, 2008
- Let’s Play a Game of Cards, Johnny. - August 29, 2008
- Everyone Won’t - August 24, 2008
- Ron Paul Scares the Hell Out of Me - July 25, 2008
- Woe is US. - July 25, 2008
- Why the GOP Has Become More Like the Democratic Party - July 20, 2008
- Why I Am Not a Libertarian - July 13, 2008
- Fed Kills Wall St. Firms to Garner More Power - July 10, 2008
- Of Course the Money Bomb Failed - July 8, 2008
- Vindication, Affirmation and Marching Orders - June 13, 2008
- Optical Illusions Explained - June 2, 2008
- The Libertarian Party Got What Was Coming - May 28, 2008
- Reactionary Ranting, Reasoning and Relating It All - May 12, 2008
- The Wisdom of the Crowd Begs the Progressive Definition of Wisdom - April 15, 2008
- You Can Avoid Being Repelled; Its Your Choice - April 1, 2008
- A Boom Time for Vampires - March 28, 2008
- Walter Williams:Tarnished Hero - March 19, 2008
- In Wizards We Trust - March 16, 2008
- Who will follow Ron Paul’s example? - March 13, 2008
- Dear Penthouse, Ron Paul Has Dropped Out… - March 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Delegates Update – Gaining Momentum! - March 8, 2008
- C*O*D*E*WO*R*D Expectation - March 4, 2008
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - March 1, 2008
- US Health Care Is An Oxymoron - February 28, 2008
- Ron Paul Delegates Advance Towards St. Paul - February 22, 2008
- Ron Paul: Onward and Upward! - February 9, 2008
- UN Calls California Vending Machines Illegal - February 8, 2008
- Have They Run Out of Willing Suicide Bombers - February 1, 2008
- Arnold Puts California Up for Grabs - January 31, 2008
- This Isn’t Your Father’s Recession - January 23, 2008
- Youth, Ron Paul and the Future of Conservatism - January 19, 2008
- Fred Thompson – The Ghost of Conservatives Past - January 18, 2008
- The Fire Eater ad hominem Challenge - January 14, 2008
- Third Party Run is a Horrible Idea - January 12, 2008
- Ron Paul to Poison Fans: “They’re not helping me.” - January 12, 2008
- RINO is Redundant – The Field is Fractured - January 9, 2008
- Can Ron Paul’s Message Overcome the Damage Done by His Poison Fans? - January 9, 2008
- Redouble Canvassing Efforts or Ron Paul’s Message Dies Along with Hope for America - January 4, 2008
- Ron Paul: Just Come Home - December 30, 2007
- C*O*D*E*W*O*R*D: Naive - December 26, 2007
- Who is Tim Russert? - December 23, 2007
- Kick Out the Jams Brothers and Sisters - December 19, 2007
- The Difference Between a Suicide Bomber and a Mall Shooter - December 14, 2007
- Ron Paul Declines Third Party Invitation - December 11, 2007
- Giuliani is NOT a Conservative - November 3, 2007
- Inflation Has Dropped to 0.8% - November 2, 2007
- Remnants Using the Tool – Call to Action - October 29, 2007
- Teaching the Remnant to Use the Tool - October 24, 2007
- Welcome to Jahfre Fire Eater’s First Column - October 21, 2007