To look at the big scheme of things, 9/11 was only the tip of the iceberg by extremist Islam. It wasn't the first time the West decided that arms must be taken up against an unjust aggressor. Those of us who hate violence as a means of solving problems may be misinformed as to what will happen with inaction. Almost all terrorism experts agree: it's not “if” terrorists attack us again, but “when”.
Terrorism is quite old, but seems to center around a particular group of people. After 571 AD (Mohammed's birth) terrorism began rearing its ugly head. The Crusades started in 1071 when the Byzantine emperor Alexios appealed to Pope Urban II for resistance to resist Muslim advances into Byzantine Empire territory. Multiple Crusades continued through 1270 in Europe attempting to resist Muslim conquests.
The four major Inquisitions started in 1184 and went through the 1830. The major purpose was to locate false Moriscos (Muslims), and eradicate heresy and spies within.
But in 1784 the first major war against Muslim terrorists began in the newly formed nation of the United States. Soon after the colonies declared their independence from Britain (1776) was America's struggle with Barbary Pirates. This struggle with terror from Muslim piracy was collectively known as the Maghrib [Joshua London/ [link edited for length]]. The conflict lasted 32 years and involved five Muslim nations (David Barton/Wall builders).
This series of escalating attacks on Americans by Muslim terrorists was started by the Barbary States. They originated from modern day Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, and Libya–Islam's territorial holdings west of Egypt. Thomas Jefferson found out France and England dealt with the problem by paying off the terrorists.
The 1786 London meeting between Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Sidi Abdul Adja (all British ambassadors) questioned Adja as to why his government was so hostile towards the new American republic without any provocation. Adja responded “that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found.”
To many this dictates the religious obligation within Islam to bring belief to those who do not share it. Adja's attitude foreshadowed the actions of the Shiite Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in the 1980's, and the Sunni Osama Bin Laden in the 1990's.
Prior to 9/11, the dozens of airplane hijackings, the 1972 Olympics, the Achilles Lauro (1985), the first WTC bombings (1993), the Khobar Tower bombings (1996), the US Embassy bombings (1998), and the USS Cole (2000) was committed by radical Islamists. Then you add the Madrid bombings (2004), the London bombings (2005), the Danish cartoon uprising (2006), Hamas' attacks on Israel (ongoing), the foiled terrorist attacks in Germany, the 7 foiled attacks in the US after 9/11, and the Mumbai (Bombay) attacks on 11/08, makes you wonder when the next will be.
Wahhabism is a particular orientation within Salafism. Most puritanical groups in the Muslim world are Salafi, who try as hard as they can to imitate the “Blessed Prophet”. In the US, Salafism has been equated with radicalism and terrorism. The Salafi jihadist has attracted many international terrorists. He makes a good suicide bomber and defines civilians as “enemy targets”.
In 12/08, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff admitted terrorists, within the next five years, will likely try to conduct a destructive WMD biological attack. Officials are concerned about the possibilities of infections to thousands of citizens from biological agents such as anthrax.
The attack is eerily similar to the fictional book penned by Tom Clancy (Executive Orders/1996). In it, Muslim terrorists circulated the sub-strain Mayinga Ebola virus in the US homeland. Grippingly, Intelligence officials foresee the pool of radical Islamists in the US increasing over the next five years.
Not every Muslim is obligated to take up the prescribed jihad. Opinion is divided among Muslim commentators and theologians. Fatwahs (religious rulings by qualified Muslim clerics) differ. Rarely does one hear from peace-loving Muslims about terrorist activities. When one does, they have no method for stopping these atrocities. It's imperative that US Muslims shed more than mere vocals about radical Islam. In this case, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
FBI Director Robert Mueller issued a new warning on 2/3/09 that terrorists are prepared to manage attacks on American soil. He also revealed that Shirwa Ahmed, a naturalized American citizen from Minneapolis, was the first US citizen to carry out a suicide bombing in Somalia last year. It's perplexing that Minnesotans just elected the first Muslim, Congressman Keith Ellison. He swore into office, not on a Bible, but a Koran in 2006.
Everyone should remember that Obama has ordered an expenditure of $20.3 million which allows thousands of Palestinians from the Gaza strip with ties to radical Islam to resettle in the US. It was signed on 1/27/09 and appeared in the Federal Register 2/4/09 “presidential determination“.
The writing has been on the wall for some time. Terrorists will attempt to strike the US again shortly. Obama needs to see it. If he is not ready, many Americans will likely die.
Latest posts by Kevin Roeten (see all)
- Occupy Movement in Shambles - January 11, 2012
- Obama Welcomes You to a Death Camp for Down Syndrome - December 13, 2011
- Jupiter Gives a Prelude to Global Warming - November 28, 2011
- If Obamas Re-elected, Welcome to The United States Socialist Republic - November 5, 2011
- Komen, Abortion, Contraceptives: All Mixed for Breast Cancer - October 25, 2011
- Obama Ignores Info About US Oil for 90 Years - October 1, 2011
- Can World Government be Obama's End Goal? - September 20, 2011
- Why Obama's Love Affair with Planned Parenthood? - September 20, 2011
- Belief that Women are Inferior IS Inferior - September 8, 2011
- A Fading Comet, or a Rogue Dwarf Star - August 26, 2011
- Are Blacks Oblivious to Their Obvious Problem? - August 16, 2011
- Scarier than a “Death Panel”? Being 65. - August 6, 2011
- Clandestine Cause for Global Warming - July 28, 2011
- Media Falsifies Clergy Sex Abuse - July 14, 2011
- The Art of Killing Young Life - June 13, 2011
- Suspected Ozone Loss Never Involved CFC's - May 23, 2011
- Stopping Falling Population Must Occur - May 8, 2011
- Line Between Global Warming Gassers and Cyclic Naturalists - April 19, 2011
- Anti-Population Zealots Condemning Us to Extinction - April 3, 2011
- Out-of-the-Box Thinking for an Out-of-Control Budget - March 13, 2011
- Marriage to Your Dog? - February 24, 2011
- A President of Scorn, or a President with Cajones? - February 17, 2011
- Political Leanings from Good Morning America - February 8, 2011
- China Scenario Overwhelms US in Taiwan Strait - January 20, 2011
- The Pill Can Result In Abortion - January 6, 2011
- AGW Believers Misunderstand a Closed System - December 8, 2010
- The Atrocity of Another Black/White Civil War - November 27, 2010
- PEW Religion Survey Wrong - November 18, 2010
- Atheists Beware–A Bona Fide Reason for God - November 6, 2010
- It Seems Obama had a Reason for Omitting Creator - October 26, 2010
- UN Ripe for US Budget Cutting - October 19, 2010
- Hope Fading that radical/Islamist Factions keep Separate - September 16, 2010
- Does pain dictate when a Preborn Child is Alive? - September 4, 2010
- Race does NOT need to be Discussed - August 28, 2010
- Terrorist Weapon of Electromagnetic Pulse Shunned by Administration - August 19, 2010
- Abortion Options: Limit Lifetime, Restrict your Childbearing, and/or Suffer - August 7, 2010
- Windmills Literally Blowing in the Wind - July 31, 2010
- The Much Maligned game of Soccer - July 12, 2010
- Oil Spill in Gulf could be Positive after All - June 17, 2010
- Science of Gynecology Dictates No Abortions - June 11, 2010
- NAACP Changed Priorities From Politics to Party - May 27, 2010
- Silver Lining of Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill - May 8, 2010
- The Truth on Church Sex Abuse - April 28, 2010
- Government Intervention has Already been Tried - April 20, 2010
- Some Won’t Believe How Dangerous Marijuana Can Be - April 20, 2010
- “No Offshore Drilling”–Administration up to Something? - March 27, 2010
- Obama Believes Pro-Life Democrats Fodder for Gifts - March 14, 2010
- One Must Cross the Line with Human Life - February 28, 2010
- Asteroid Coming to a Location Too Close to You - February 14, 2010
- Tebow Brings Out the Best in Us - February 9, 2010
- Oil Shortage ‘Claim’ Tip of the Iceberg - January 29, 2010
- Marijuana Much Riskier Than Alcohol - January 18, 2010
- Some Miracles are Easy to Believe - January 7, 2010
- Genocide Happening with Democrat Vote - December 25, 2009
- Acts Worse Than Racism? Only a Few… - December 18, 2009
- Population Control for Non-Thinkers - December 1, 2009
- DDT: The Silent Killer…Only When It Was Gone - November 19, 2009
- Excommunication by the Catholic Church - October 27, 2009
- The Pill Responsible for the Death of Humanity? - October 13, 2009
- New Definition of Terrorism Means More Death - October 1, 2009
- CO2 Turns Out To Be a Savior - September 24, 2009
- Answer for a Missile-Free World - August 27, 2009
- Non-Christians in a Christian Nation - August 20, 2009
- Pedophilia Only a Catholic Sin? - August 14, 2009
- Inquisitions Defend Against Radical Islam - August 8, 2009
- Obama Health Care Equals Euthanasia - August 8, 2009
- Heisman Winner Makes Reporters Speechless - July 31, 2009
- The Catholic Next to You Might Not Be Real - July 23, 2009
- Water Boarding Analogy Forgotten - July 16, 2009
- Jewish Vote Only a Microcosm of Reality - June 19, 2009
- Answer to North Korea’s Missile Test - June 4, 2009
- Misinterpreting the Christian Response - May 23, 2009
- The Pope was Right About Condoms - May 19, 2009
- Mission Accomplished Sign has Meaning - May 10, 2009
- Water Boarding not Torture by a Long Shot - May 8, 2009
- Regulations Mistakenly Hogtie Trichloroethylene - May 6, 2009
- Black Spot of the Crusades Actually Very Bright - April 21, 2009
- Obama Did Not Inherit Anything From Bush - April 10, 2009
- Promiscuous Sex is Normal, Right? - March 31, 2009
- It’s Time to Worry About Global COOLING - March 26, 2009
- People Like This Still Exist? - March 21, 2009
- Old Myths Die Hard–Especially Overpopulation - March 7, 2009
- Intelligent Design Not Difficult to Grasp - March 4, 2009
- Terrorism–More Than Meets the Eye - March 2, 2009
- Race the Real Reason for Obama Win - February 27, 2009