On March 2, 2009 I read an inspiring response made by The Political Committee Baghdad – The Republic of Iraq to President Obama's speech on February 27, 2009 regarding the proclaimed ending to the occupation of The Republic of Iraq.
I believe it is important for all US citizens to read the entire Iraqi Resistance response posted here: [link edited for length]
There are interesting observations made such as they felt the same spirit of JFK in his inaugural speech January 20, 1961 was present during Obama’s. The spirit that challenged, “Those would do anything to preserve their interests, wealth, & power to create wars & conflict.”
I find their statement a challenge to Obama to act as JFK did and I challenge Obama as well. Stand up against tyranny and oppression. Live and die for something you truly believe in.
The Iraqi Resistance says it has “so far managed to halt and render useless all imperialist agendas set for Iraq and the region in whole.” This speaks to all of us seeking freedom from tyranny and aggression. There is hope.
I believe that the American people will soon see the true war agendas.
I enjoyed the statement “Your finest fighting force as you name it is up against the most witty, resilient & innovative self-propelled resistance honorable humanity has ever presented. Rest assured that we are not impressed with your plan and will follow your movements on the ground and cross examine them to your declared intentions and daily economic reports. There is no such thing as friendly occupation, and we advise you to revise your plans to vacate Iraq at a time suitable for our people and not suitable for your agents in the green zone.
And if you need to talk to honest Iraqis, then you know very well, where to find them. John F Kennedy also said “Let us never negotiate out of fear, but never fear to negotiate.”
You choose to negotiate with all the parties that worked for your predecessor and have caused all this harm, yet you choose to ignore the only true party that can offer you a decent outcome.”
I hope President Obama listens.Tweet
Latest posts by Heather West (see all)
- Ron Paul Interviewed by Bruno Falsely About Austrian Economics - August 13, 2009
- Iraqi Resistance Responds to Obama - March 2, 2009
- Letter to Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga) Who Voted Yes to Bailout - October 2, 2008
- The World is Watching America…What Will You Do? - August 22, 2008
- Are You Ready For Nuclear War? - August 21, 2008
- RON PAUL IS STILL ELIGIBLE FOR THE GOP NOMINATION. - July 2, 2008
- Bilderberg Group attendees: Indigo Books and the Economist - June 18, 2008
- Kucinich, Wexler Co-Sponsor Articles to Impeach President Bush - June 11, 2008
- Goodbye MSM: Constitutional Media PAC created - June 10, 2008
- US Military Draft Looms: Vote Ron Paul - May 16, 2008
- Alaska Delegates Project Goes Nationwide for Ron Paul - May 5, 2008
- Alaska Converts McCain Delegates to Ron Paul - March 31, 2008
- No 2008 Elections? No Obama, Clinton or Ron Paul? - March 3, 2008
- Ron Paul Campaign: No National Delegates Won in Florida Yet - January 30, 2008
- Ron Paul sits in his Oval Office - January 29, 2008