What is free market capitalism? It is certainly nothing like what we witness today which resembles more of an official corporatism than actual capitalism. The first principle of capitalism is the Right of Private Property; it is the foundation, in fact of all other Rights, for without it the individual is at the mercy of superior power.
Capitalism, under a truly free market economy, rest upon the foundation that the individual holds complete and absolute ownership Rights over his person and from that ownership flows the Right of Private Property. Each of us is our own Private Property and the government holds no title to any portion of our persons or our property. Under a system of free market capitalism each person is free to create the world in which he lives, along with that freedom however, comes the responsibility of the world you create for yourself.
Any form of intervention, whether it be from the government or any other force is contrary to the most basic principles from which capitalism is structured. Any initiation against these principles is aggression, whether it is achieved through actual physical force or even the coercive threat of force or penalty. The system of free market capitalism is a totally based on the voluntary actions of each member of society in mutually beneficial relationships to provide the greatest return on the energy exerted by both parties involved in any given transaction. Capitalism is not dog eat dog, quite the contrary, it is a mutually beneficial contract of action and exchange.
Since the 1860's, we have been living under a gradual system of official corporatism, it has grown to the point that capitalism, as we see, is nothing more than a by-word, a catch-all for the problems that the government and its corporate privileged class. Indeed, there has been a very real and powerful “Caste System” that has been created through this Socialistic Corporatism that this government has coddled through the years. It Must End!
There is but one legitimate means for any individual, or company or corporation to accomplish the goals of prosperity and that is through the economic free market principles of capitalism, which both supports and is supported by the sound foundational principle of Individual Liberty!
The secret of prosperity is to provide the greatest value to your own individual activities so you can, in turn, place the greatest value on the activities of others. These cooperative and voluntary relationships induce productive gains for all parties concerned, and it is the working gears of the free market exchange.
I firmly believe that all men [generically speaking] are created equal, but that opportunity is an individual initiative which requires complete responsibility for ones actions and the consequences of those actions. A person can become adept in wisdom, and just in his dealings with others, especially in business or on the job, when he is able to judge his own behavior in an honest way based solely upon his the responsibility he takes for his own actions. It is sobering indeed to see yourself reflected in the mirror of self-ownership.
Additionally, I also believe that free market capitalism is the instrument that would provide each of us an environment to develop virtues that cannot be possible under any other economic system. I say that because, contrary to the common portrayal of free-market capitalism, it can allow the individual to advance himself and his goals only by furthering the goals of other individuals around him without coercion, without violence or compulsion. Competition is a great character builder, not only in terms of business, but in personal terms. True free-market capitalism provides the necessary components to develop a prudent circumspect for ones own actions and how those actions affect the lives of others.
Capitalism, in its purest free-market form, provides the greatest ability to combat the forces of authoritarianism, totalitarianism and even nationalism than any other form of economics, is it therefore, any surprise that there are so many voices against the principles of free-market capitalism?Tweet
Latest posts by Republicae (see all)
- Government Economic Intervention and Control - February 18, 2013
- The Fundamental Law of Sovereignty - February 1, 2013
- The Fallen Republic And It's Restoration. - January 30, 2013
- The Long Road From Fiat To Gold - September 12, 2010
- Fiat Money: Dual and Single Tier Systems - September 4, 2010
- The Interposition of the Several States - July 7, 2010
- The Federal Claim to Supremacy [or how Supreme is the Supreme Court?] - July 4, 2010
- Economics-Obama Style - June 16, 2010
- The Government's Claim To Sovereignty - June 15, 2010
- Lincoln’s War On The Republic of Republics - April 20, 2009
- The Keynesian Illusionary Continuum - February 12, 2009
- The Degenerative Nature of Keynesian Economics - February 1, 2009
- Capitalism and the Poverty Fiction - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism: Nemesis of The Welfare State - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism, A Bulwark of Freedom - January 9, 2009
- The Hyper-Inflationary Trigger - November 26, 2008
- The Gimme-Gimme Script of Political Pottage - November 3, 2008
- The Destructive Art of Inflation - October 31, 2008
- The Federal Reserve Never Worked! - October 26, 2008
- The United States Dollar Promises Nothing! - October 16, 2008
- The Worn Out Text-Book Economist and Central Planners - October 16, 2008
- Enemies - October 15, 2008
- Fiat Money-Inflationary/Deflationary - October 15, 2008
- Fabian Socialist=Criminals - October 15, 2008
- We Live Under Such Well-Crafted Illusions… - September 5, 2008
- “it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government” - August 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam's Frivolous Fiat Fiasco/America's Irreversible State of Collapse! - August 10, 2008
- A Fabian Socialist Dream Come True - August 4, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 1 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 2 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 3 - August 2, 2008
- The Slow Creeping Vine of Economic Depression - July 19, 2008
- The Same Game for 50 Years! - June 17, 2008
- The Federal Breach Of Trust - May 3, 2008
- Sovereignty Is The Highest Degree Of Political Power - April 28, 2008
- Freedom Contingent Upon Compliance Is Not Freedom! - April 20, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part2 - April 16, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part1 - April 16, 2008
- 9/11-Psychological Terror - April 12, 2008
- Statism: The Bankrupt Ideology - April 4, 2008
- Rights Retained by the People. - April 3, 2008
- The Bloodline of Tyranny - April 2, 2008
- The 17th Amendment and the Nationalized Senate - April 2, 2008
- Peace, The Enemy Of The State - December 8, 2007
- The Ultimate Guardian of The Constitution - December 8, 2007
- They Prefer Our Silence To Our Consent - December 8, 2007
- The Voluntary Act Of A Reflective Union Of States - December 8, 2007
- The State Desires Divisions - December 8, 2007
- The Ease Of Power - December 8, 2007
- The Dangers of Machiavellian Jingoism - December 8, 2007
- When Our Money Was Our Property - December 8, 2007
- Dangerous Consequences - December 8, 2007
- Lest We Foget - December 8, 2007
- Contingent Freedom - December 8, 2007