During the past year, after having put a lot of enthusiasm, time, and energy into supporting Ron Paul's 2008 Presidential campaign as a precinct leader, a campaign contributor, and designated caucus speaker, I decided to learn about Ron Paul's affinity for Robert Taft, and came to agree with Ron Paul that being a member of one of the two major parties was the best way to get involved politically, and to maintain political visibility in my local county. I originally thought of myself as a Ron Paul Republican, but having a personal affinity for Ayn Rand's political views over those of Robert Taft, I decided to coin a new type of Republican: the John Galt Republican.
I was at first comfortable using the term to apply to myself, without explicitly defining it any further than 'a Republican who admires and understands Ayn Rand's ethics and politics'.
But now, I submit, to a candid world, my explicit definition of what it means to be a 'John Galt Republican'. And since Ayn Rand was agnostic with regards to political parties during her life, I've also realized that you can prefix your own political party affiliation with 'John Galt', if you agree with the items of definition, below.
1) You've read one or more of Ayn Rand's works, and by doing so, your world views have either been changed or strengthened to a positive degree.
2) You can specifically talk about which of Rand's ideas affected you.
3) You hold a positive view of Ayn Rand's ideas that have affected you.
4) You do not care to gossip about Ayn Rand's (or anyone else's) personal affairs.
5) You do not care to talk about Ayn Rand's (or anyone else's) metaphysical views.
6) You judge ideas on their merits, not on who espouses them.
7) You have an affinity with (or have sworn) the oath of John Galt.
8) You are a productive individual, or live by the trader principle.
9) You shoot down collectivist ideas, in a rational manner, when and where you are able to do so.
10) You think that the Republican (or Democratic or Libertarian) Party today is either led by big government statists, or is impotent to effect change toward greater freedoms, or both.
11) You hold voluntary charity as permissible, and statist redistributions as impermissible.
12) You hold initiation of force and fraud as the prime evil to eliminate from personal and political affairs.
13) OPTIONAL: You have an affinity for laissez faire capitalism.*
14) OPTIONAL (for Republicans): You have an affinity for 19th Century liberal Republicanism, Robert Taft Republicanism, or Paterson-Lane-Rand-Mises-Hayak libertarianism.*
*The reason that the items aren't required, is because some people don't care to study politics.
Latest posts by Nickalis N. Tower (see all)
- Nickalis Tower for President 2016? - April 24, 2015
- Glenn Beck’s “Faith Hope Charity” theme is missing crucial element. - May 23, 2010
- Glenn Beck is seeking the next 56 Deep Throats - September 15, 2009
- The Obamacare Lie - September 11, 2009
- Pledge to your own Independence, not to our erroneous Constitution - April 22, 2009
- Daniel Hannan: The American Spirit rises and resonates with more than 2.2 Million viewers. - March 26, 2009
- Silk Revolution Salvo 2: “Neo” Patrick Henry speaks to his Representatives (updated 26 March 2009) - January 23, 2009
- New Silk Revolutionary Song Title: Sundown on Dishonesty - January 22, 2009
- I predict gold back to $1137 an ounce based on this - December 20, 2008
- Is this the current U.S.A. Chessboard map of the Illuminati? - December 19, 2008
- Jeremiah Tucker offers a gem in his Juvenile Satire of Atlas Shrugged - December 17, 2008
- The Proper End to the U.S. Civil War could begin 2009 - December 17, 2008
- Ron Paul should announce: “We’re all considered ‘Financial Slaves’ of the Banking Cartel Now!” - December 16, 2008
- American Revolution circa 2008: Ayn Rand and her Objective Morality - December 14, 2008
- Power Outage in Northeast leaves 1.25 Million People relying on Capitalism, not Government ‘Planners’ - December 13, 2008
- Dr. Ron Paul and the Art of Extremism - December 10, 2008
- Who’s to Blame for Corporate Fascism?It could be You - November 27, 2008
- Who is a John Galt Republican (or Democrat or Libertarian)? - November 24, 2008
- Ayn Rand: The missing Libertarian Ingredient, the secret Ron Paul ingredient - November 22, 2008
- Atlas Shrugged is about Creators, not Capitalists - November 12, 2008
- A suggested Ron Paul alliance with President-Elect Barack Obama - November 5, 2008
- Obama is the Fall Guy for the Coming Depression and Wars - November 4, 2008
- How to Handle Fear-Mongering Transmitters and the Big Media / YouTube Fear Profiteers - August 17, 2008
- The Libertarian Movement is evermore Impotent, while Ron Paul is more Potent, but Why? - August 13, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Revolution Wrecking ball vs Big Government Apologists - July 29, 2008
- Calling Ron Paul supporters: Easy way to win the fight against the Federal Reserve at the Local Level - July 27, 2008
- A Respectful Suggestion to Dr. David Kelley and the Board of Directors of The Atlas Society - July 26, 2008
- Moral Individualism and Objectivism for Liberty - July 23, 2008
- Scared Shitless: Precursor to America’s Presidential Campaign of 2012 - July 22, 2008
- The Atlas Society and ‘Open Objectivism’ : A wrong choice of words. - July 21, 2008
- Is Webster Cook the modern day Jesus the Jew? - July 18, 2008
- Is Russell Means a Lakotah ‘Creationist’ ? - June 23, 2008
- Are the Neo-Cons World Heroes, or World Villains? - June 13, 2008
- Ron Paul and ‘Zorro 3’ vs. The Klan and Empire - June 10, 2008
- Contribute to the Anti-Man Environmental Index - June 5, 2008
- The FairTax is an unnecessary Federal Slave Tax - June 2, 2008
- Lucas and Spielberg top the list of public profiteers of Conspiracy Idiocy - May 28, 2008
- To Danica:I wish I was there! - April 20, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Foreign Policy vs. James S. Robbins’ - February 22, 2008
- James P. Nelson Smears Ron Paul and Paul’s Backers - February 22, 2008
- Pollsters – Real Clear Politics or Real Dishonest Politics? - February 18, 2008
- Mysticism – Those Unreal Indulgences (22 Feb) - February 16, 2008