Some day maybe our government will get their priorities straight. Who were they elected to protect and serve? Who ever thought we would be giving our hard earned money to people like Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sacs? Who ever thought that Citi Bank would even have 50,000 workers to lay off? Who ever thought Americas car, Chevrolet, would possibly be on the chopping block? What's next, no more apple pie? Our goal as a Nation should be to be energy independent, free to become all we are capable of, be self sufficient, to be safe and be able to save towards our retirement without the risk of the government taking control of our money.
Right now we are at a crossroads here in America, we have chosen to elect an unknown to our highest office. We have given him carte blanche with the House of Representatives we have elected. Without any further help from the voters who elected him, he can take us into Socialism with government ownership of many business's. This can lead to control without competition of our nations banks and financial institutions to the point of deciding which industries succeed and which fail. BUT, He also has the power to turn to the right and by appealing to the masses, rebuild our financial infra-structure through creating confidence and using commonsense to find the solutions that have evaded the present administration.
There are as many solutions being thrown around, as there are people to listen to them. I can guaranty you one thing though, if we are to come out of this fiasco without turning to government ownership and big government control of our banks and industry, we will emerge stronger and with the healthiest economy in our history. This new untried administration will carry a legacy from that day on, that could cast a shadow on any in our past. I personally hope for the latter and I will be happy to shout their praises. If he turns inward to the left he will destroy the very fabric of our country, and lead us into a revolutionary abyss greater than any war we've ever fought. God only knows why anyone would want to have the responsibility that is resting on this mans shoulders. Why anyone would ever want to be President is beyond my understanding. I pray that in spite of my reservations he is the right man for the job.
And that's my opinion,
Latest posts by donspoliticalblog (see all)
- Hey dad, can you hear me? - November 26, 2008
- What are our priorities? - November 19, 2008
- If it’s going to happen anyway, lets do it now. - November 17, 2008
- Wake up Mr. President - November 10, 2008
- Sad but happy it’s finally over. - November 5, 2008
- How will the Messiah handle this? - November 3, 2008
- Could we possibly have more oil than the Middle East? - November 3, 2008
- It’s our Country, respect its system - October 31, 2008
- Where oh where has our $700 Billion gone - October 29, 2008
- A fight for the Soul of America - October 26, 2008
- Where are the Giants among us - October 26, 2008
- When all is said and done - October 26, 2008
- Which path will we take? - October 26, 2008
- Whoa there Bucko - October 26, 2008
- When push comes to shove, we get shoved - October 26, 2008