Dear Mr. Chambliss,
I believe this bill is NOT treating a symptom of the problem as you say. This bill is more of how we got into the problems we're currently in. It is applying the same band-aids to an already gushing wound postponing an even greater threat to our economy and the dollar and Congressmen like you seem not to understand this.
True, as a young adult I've seen much less than you have. However, I do still have a moral compass in tact and I would venture to say you have lost yours along the way.
“We are mortgaging the future of our children and grandchildren at record rates, and that is not only an issue of fiscal irresponsibility, it's an issue of immorality.” – David Walker, former Comptroller General of the United States (Speech to Birmingham Rotary Club, Jan. 9, 2008)
This bill is exactly what I heard conservative Georgia Rep. Paul Broun call it a “Cow patty with a marshmallow”.
Even with the additions you have mentioned, it is essentially robbing the American people and it's wrong and you know it. No amount of your rhetoric will convince me and many other concerned Americans otherwise. This is an illegal action and Congress has no authority under the Constitution to use public funds to bail out private banks.
“The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act” as you say, “is crafted to address the crisis; restore security for the American taxpayer; and return our nation to the strongest economic power in the world. And in the process this bill enables us to root out and punish those who cheated us all.”
This is punishing the people not at fault not those who are at fault!!
You should vote with your conscience again Senator Chambliss. There are other ways to solve this problem like liquidating the debt and allowing the market to correct itself by adjusting prices lower not trying to keep prices up!
Yes, it would be painful for a year, but much better than decades of indebting future generations and destroying the dollar.
“You can save the banks that are failing, or you can save the dollar. But you can't save both.” – Congressman Ron Paul
Heather Saarela, GA
Latest posts by Heather West (see all)
- Ron Paul Interviewed by Bruno Falsely About Austrian Economics - August 13, 2009
- Iraqi Resistance Responds to Obama - March 2, 2009
- Letter to Senator Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga) Who Voted Yes to Bailout - October 2, 2008
- The World is Watching America…What Will You Do? - August 22, 2008
- Are You Ready For Nuclear War? - August 21, 2008
- RON PAUL IS STILL ELIGIBLE FOR THE GOP NOMINATION. - July 2, 2008
- Bilderberg Group attendees: Indigo Books and the Economist - June 18, 2008
- Kucinich, Wexler Co-Sponsor Articles to Impeach President Bush - June 11, 2008
- Goodbye MSM: Constitutional Media PAC created - June 10, 2008
- US Military Draft Looms: Vote Ron Paul - May 16, 2008
- Alaska Delegates Project Goes Nationwide for Ron Paul - May 5, 2008
- Alaska Converts McCain Delegates to Ron Paul - March 31, 2008
- No 2008 Elections? No Obama, Clinton or Ron Paul? - March 3, 2008
- Ron Paul Campaign: No National Delegates Won in Florida Yet - January 30, 2008
- Ron Paul sits in his Oval Office - January 29, 2008