♣ Bailout? We don't need no steenking bailout!
Despite the hype, the latest 700 BILLION plus bailout is NOT needed to save our economy, or at least so says Downsize DC's Jim Babka and Perry Willis.
Concurring, I so informed my three members of congress today, and it took me less than a minute to do it! You can sign up today to use Downsize DC's brilliant interface and increase the pressure on congress to reject these despicable financial shenanigans.
With their permission, I now turn the floor over to Downsize DC:
Downsize DC Commits Suicide
Quote of the Day:
“The government broke it. I don't trust them to fix it.”
— Senator Jim DeMint, Republican, South Carolina
Subject: Downsize DC commits suicide
We've heard the Treasury Secretary and the Federal Reserve Chairman make their case for a $700 billion bailout of the financial markets. We're not persuaded. Quite the contrary. We reject their predictions of dire consequences if their plan doesn't pass. We're so convinced of this that we're willing to stake our continued existence on it.
If the economy goes into a deep slump because they didn't pass their bailout plan then charitable contributions will be among the first things cut from family budgets. If we're wrong then we'll be among the many institutions to fail. But we don't believe we're wrong. And we don't believe we'll fail.
In 2003 dire warnings about “weapons of mass destruction” were used to justify an unnecessary war in Iraq. We bucked the tide of public hysteria and dared to claim that there were NO “weapons of mass destruction” in Iraq.
We were right, and popular opinion, driven by political fear mongering, was wrong. Now we're being told that our economy is threatened by “financial weapons of mass destruction,” and we'll once again buck the hysterical trend by predicting that . . .
There are no “financial weapons of mass destruction” threatening our economy — except for the $700 billion bailout plan.
We don't believe that mortgage defaults on a mere 3 million homes have the power to halt the mighty American economic engine. It's really that simple.
Many wild claims are being made. Yesterday, on CNBC, Jim Cramer predicted a Great Depression II if the bailout plan isn't passed. Cramer is even willing to let the Democrats cap CEO pay and take ownership positions in troubled firms (socialism), if that's what it takes to pass the bailout plan. Cramer, despite his great intelligence and personal charm, is madly, hysterically, wrong.
We're far closer to the end of this problem than we are to the beginning.
Of course, the fear mongers will claim that we had a 40% foreclosure rate in the Great Depression precisely because the government didn't intervene soon enough, and that current foreclosure rates will spiral out of control if the bailout bill isn't passed. This reading of history gets the true story of the Great Depression exactly backwards . . .
The myth is that President Hoover did nothing after the stock market burst in 1929. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, Hoover actually began the kinds of interventions that are commonly associated with FDR. Roosevelt was merely copying, and dramatically expanding on what Hoover had already done, not setting a new course. And look at what the results were . . . a Great Depression that lasted for 12 long years!
Hoover and Roosevelt both tried to stop market prices from falling, which is exactly what the current proposal aims to do. But the result in the late 20s and early 30s was that the market never cleared, and so the Depression went on and on and on.
We could have the same thing again today if we allow the government to once again intervene in natural market processes.
The fact is that the politicians, the bureaucrats, and various hysteria mongers, are misleading us. They tell us that the market is frozen, but the fact is that commercial loans are at an all-time high, and even real estate loans ARE HIGHER THAN THEY WERE LAST YEAR! The fact is that . . .
The current “crisis” is mainly centered among the highly leveraged investment banks on Wall Street, but even there the market is far from frozen. Merrill Lynch was able to sell its bad assets and was then bought by Bank of America (which had earlier bought CountryWide).
Does this look like a frozen market to you? It doesn't to us.
And would it really matter if the markets were “frozen?” Inactive markets simply mean that buyers and sellers of assets have a disagreement about what those assets are worth. We must not allow the politicians and the bureaucrats to substitute their judgement for the judgements of buyers and sellers who are, after all, SPENDING THEIR OWN MONEY, whereas the politicians and bureaucrats are asking to spend YOUR MONEY!
We've taken the time, and shown the courtesy, of hearing our “leaders” speak, and having done so, WE REJECT THEIR CLAIMS! THEIR MUST BE NO BAILOUT, OF ANY KIND!
Please be clear about what we're NOT saying. We're NOT saying that things are rosy, or even all that good. As we explained Monday, we're feeling the effects of a FED-generated bubble pop. We are very simply saying that a bailout is wrong-headed and unnecessary, and could even make things worse.
If you agree with us, please tell your elected representatives to OPPOSE ALL BAILOUTS! You can use our generic campaign for cutting federal spending to send your message. Use your personal comments to reject the bailout and to make any of the points we've made in this message, or additional arguments of your own. You can send your message using our Educate the Powerful System.
But don't stop there. Please take the following additional steps . . .
* Call your Representative and your two Senators after you've sent your message
* Pass this Dispatch to others — SOUND THE ALARM AND SPREAD THE WORD
* Register for a Digg account, and then Digg this message on our blog.
Finally, we've staked our existence on our principals and our best judgement. We expect to thrive, not die. But we are struggling in this economy too. Many DC Downsizers have had to cut their pledges because of the current downturn. Some have lost their jobs. We really need those of you who are still doing well to come to our aid. We especially need new monthly pledges to replace $400 a month we've lost so far this Summer. You can make a contribution here.
Thank you for being a part of the growing Downsize DC army!
Jim Babka & Perry Willis
President & Communications Director
P.S. This morning, I was on Brad Davis' show on WDRC-AM to talk about the first annual, “Connecticut Liberty Forum,” to be held September 27-28, 2008. I'll be back on Brad's show on Saturday morning (9/27), just hours before I speak about “Making Congress Accountable to the Constitution.” Also appearing at this Bristol, CT event, will be . . .
* Michael Cristofaro, Plaintiff in the New London, CT eminent domain case, will talk about that case, after he and Susette Kelo are presented with the very first Connecticut Freedom Fighter Award.
* Robert Levy, Senior fellow in Constitutional Studies, CATO Institute. His topic: “Is the Supreme Court Eroding Our Liberty?” Mr. Levy will stick around to sign copies of his new book, “The Dirty Dozen How Twelve Supreme Court Cases Radically Expanded Government and Eroded Freedom”
* Also speaking… DC Downsizer Alan Schaeffer, Alliance for the Separation of School & State; DC Downsizer Dr. Robban Sica, Vice President of CT Health Freedom Coalition; DC Downsizer and Attorney Deborah Stevenson, Executive Director of National Home Education Legal Defense; Bob Schulz, We the People Foundation; Dr. Katherine Albrecht, co-author of “Spychips,” and more.
I want to encourage you to come to this event — to meet me and hear the other speakers. Please use the code “Downsize DC” to get a discount when you register in advance. Complete details can be found at [link edited for length]
And if you're coming to Bristol, CT, please let me know by hitting Reply to this message TODAY. My wife Sue and I like to make time to meet with DC Downsizers when we're traveling. We will be in touch.
CONTRIBUTE to the Electronic Lobbyist project [here]
http://www.downsizedc.org/is sponsored by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. a non-profit educational organization promoting the ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, free markets, and small government.
You are encouraged to forward this message to friends and business associates, and permission is hereby granted to reproduce any items herein as long as attribution is provided for articles and the subscription instructions above are included.
Here are some more Truth Realm articles:
•Ron Paul, Wesley Snipes, and Other Tax Honesty Heroes
•Ron Paul's Boot Camp for NonTaxpayers
•Google “Pulls” Ron Paul Tax Article?
•Ron Paul Meetup Enlightens San Diego Tax Lemmings
•Jesus, Ron Paul, and the IRS
•Ron Paul Single-Handedly Abolishes the IRS!
•Ron Paul and Tax Terrorism
•Which Part of Ron Paul's “Eliminate the IRS” Didn't You Understand?
•McCain, Huckabee, Ron Paul – Whose Lips Are YOU Reading On Taxes?
•Does The Bible Condemn Tax Withholding?
•My Favorite Comments from Ron Paul Supporters
Latest posts by creator (see all)
- New Energy, Hard Science - June 25, 2014
- A Helping Hand for Liberty Dollar Founder? - December 7, 2012
- Kicking the IRS Dragon – A Way to End “Obamacare” Tyranny? - October 25, 2012
- Ron Paul Win at Risk Without Vote Verification - January 3, 2012
- Iowa GOP Plans Ron Paul Defeat Via Vote Fraud - January 2, 2012
- Ron Paul Dissed by FOTF CitizenLink - October 12, 2011
- Capital Due Process, R.I.P! - October 1, 2011
- Ron Paul: Un-Electable? - September 8, 2011
- The Demo’s Done — Has Steorn Won? - January 30, 2010
- Steorn’s “Final Demo: Proving Overunity” - January 25, 2010
- “One, Two, Three… Overunity!” – Steorn - January 12, 2010
- Steorn Unimpressed With Replication Attempts - January 6, 2010
- A Tale of Two Novels - December 30, 2009
- Top Ten Uses for Time Magazine - December 29, 2009
- Naudin Replicates Steorn Orbo - December 29, 2009
- Steorn – What Constitutes “Proof” of Over Unity? - December 15, 2009
- Steorn – Why The Controversy? - December 14, 2009
- Chuck Baldwin Exposes the Insanity of Trusting in Government - December 3, 2009
- The Gospel According to Steorn - November 29, 2009
- Chastened by Steorn’s Lawyers - August 19, 2009
- Steorn 300 – First Impressions - August 10, 2009
- Congress Mocks Representative Government!
‘Cap and Trade’ Shenanigans - June 9, 2009
- Steorn 300 – Some Fine Print? - June 5, 2009
- Steorn 300 News
(Google Notwithstanding!) - May 30, 2009
- The Steorn 300 Chosen - April 29, 2009
- Leveraging “Tea Party” Tax Protests in San Diego County - April 16, 2009
- IRS Suffers Another Crushing Blow - April 15, 2009
- RE: AIG Bonuses – “Americans are immature twits” – Jim Babka, Downsize DC - March 23, 2009
- The Steorn 300 - March 14, 2009
- “Downsize DC” Backs Ron Paul’s Anti-Fed Bill - February 23, 2009
- Can You Handle the Truth About Income Taxation? - January 27, 2009
- The Fed is Destroying Your Money RIGHT NOW - October 16, 2008
- Why Rejecting this Bailout will NOT Cause a Depression - September 25, 2008
- Ron Paul-Endorsed Money Bomb a Dud? - July 5, 2008
- Use GOLD to Help Ron Paul Fight The Inflation Tax! - May 13, 2008
- Free America? Free Energy! - May 2, 2008
- Author Writes About Ron Paul; Surprised At Response - May 1, 2008
- Help Ron Paul Stop the SPP - April 28, 2008
- Ron Paul, Wesley Snipes, and Other Tax Honesty Heroes - April 25, 2008
- Tax Freedom Day? No Way! “Double Trouble” – Ron Paul - April 24, 2008
- Ron Paul, Pennsylvania, and Diebold Vote Fraud - April 22, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Boot Camp for NonTaxpayers - April 21, 2008
- Google “Pulls” Ron Paul Tax Article? - April 18, 2008
- Ron Paul Meetup Enlightens San Diego Tax Lemmings - April 17, 2008
- Ron Paul, Friend of April Fools and Taxpayers - April 15, 2008
- Jesus, Ron Paul, and the IRS - April 14, 2008
- Think You’re Free? Think Again! - April 4, 2008
- Anybody Here Seen My Old Friend Ron Paul? - April 3, 2008
- Ron Paul’s American Freedom Agenda Act - April 2, 2008
- Ron Paul Single-Handedly Abolishes the IRS! - April 1, 2008
- Ron Paul and Liberty on TV, Every DAY? - March 27, 2008
- The Cost of Everything Else - March 10, 2008
- Ron Paul May Be Partisan, but He’s not THAT Partisan! - March 8, 2008
- Without Ron Paul, Just More Bush* On The Economy - March 7, 2008
- “Dangerous and Exciting Times” – Ron Paul - March 7, 2008
- My Favorite Comments from Ron Paul Supporters - March 6, 2008
- Voting For A Loser? Vote Ron Paul, NOT John McCain - March 5, 2008
- Huck Ducks, Paul Persists - March 5, 2008
- Christian Libertarianism Makes Sense for Ron Paul And for Me - March 4, 2008
- Ron Paul and Tax Terrorism - March 3, 2008
- Which Part of Ron Paul’s “Eliminate the IRS” Didn’t You Understand? - February 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Is The Only Governor Running For President - February 28, 2008
- Jesus and Ron Paul - February 27, 2008
- When It Comes To Ron Paul News, Spin Is King - February 25, 2008
- Ron Paul “Texas Twofer” - February 24, 2008
- New “March of Liberty” Radio Show Rocks! - February 23, 2008
- McCain, Huckabee, Ron Paul – Whose Lips Are YOU Reading On Taxes? - February 23, 2008
- Senate Writes Blank Check! - February 22, 2008
- Honey, I Shrunk The Government! - February 21, 2008
- Massive Federal Incompetence, More On The Way Absent Ron Paul - February 20, 2008
- Aspiring Author Acclaims Ron Paul to Large Canadian Radio Audience - February 20, 2008
- Bush Endorsements — Kiss of Death for McCain? - February 19, 2008
- New Ron Paul Bill Fights Inflation – Will You Help? - February 18, 2008
- Can Any Good Thing Come Out of Washington? - February 16, 2008
- Are You Hungry For Liberty Yet? - February 14, 2008
- Aren’t You Sorry Now That You Wasted Your Vote? - February 14, 2008
- Building a Community of Writers – The Nolan Chart Lounge - February 14, 2008
- McCain Violates Senate Oath - February 13, 2008
- Majority of Senate Violates Oath Yesterday! - February 13, 2008
- Can The Ron Paul Freedom March Succeed? - February 12, 2008
- Ron Paul — “Storm The Capital!” - February 12, 2008
- New Media Rising! - February 11, 2008
- Ron Paul Revolutionaries: “Hang Together” - February 11, 2008
- Time For McCain To Withdraw? - February 10, 2008
- John McCain Is NOT Electable - February 9, 2008
- McCain Is Unelectable - February 9, 2008
- Good Morning, Washington! Choose Ron Paul and Freedom! - February 9, 2008
- McCain Coronation Sounds Death Knell for GOP - February 8, 2008
- Ron Paul is No Spoiler! - February 8, 2008
- Congress Passes Economic “Stick-it To Us” Package - February 8, 2008
- Ron Paul Tough On Terrorism - February 7, 2008
- Electrifying News! Paul, McCain, and Huckabee! - February 7, 2008
- The $150 Billion Fraud - February 7, 2008
- 42 Delegates For Paul, More On The Way - February 6, 2008
- Ron Paul Revolutionaries, To “The Moon!” - February 6, 2008
- Ron Paul 2nd In Montana - February 6, 2008
- Pray For Liberty! - February 5, 2008
- Want Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity? ASK For It! Vote Ron Paul! - February 5, 2008
- Enough Pain To Pick Ron Paul? - February 4, 2008
- Thank God For The Naive Voter! - February 4, 2008
- Several Hundred Rally for “Ron Paul” and “Freedom” in Balboa Park - February 3, 2008
- Ron Paul and the Ten Little Indians - February 3, 2008
- Is Super Tuesday the REAL Groundhog Day? - February 1, 2008
- Ron Paul Baby Blimp Needs New Home! - February 1, 2008
- Rush Is Right – Ron Paul and “A Snowball’s Chance”… - February 1, 2008
- Fifty-One Years! Celebrate Ron Paul’s Marriage! - January 31, 2008
- 60,000 Floridians For Ron Paul and Liberty! - January 30, 2008
- Is It Time To Eliminate The Feckless FEC? - January 30, 2008
- Singer Arlo Guthrie Endorses Ron Paul, Boomers Take Note - January 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Eats At Alice’s Restaurant - January 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Won’t Win A Single Primary… - January 29, 2008
- In Case You Missed Ron Paul’s Memo… - January 28, 2008
- “Paper or Plastic?” Why Paper Ballots Alone Won’t Help Ron Paul - January 28, 2008
- Ron Paul and Media Bias: Are You Mad As Hell Yet? - January 25, 2008
- What Are “Enumerated Powers” and Why Does Ron Paul Support Them? - January 25, 2008
- Louisiana GOP Flim-Flam Throws Election - January 24, 2008
- Rush Tacitly Endorses Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- An Open Letter to Janet Folger of Faith2Action - January 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam Wants YOU! — to Campaign For Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- WorldNetDaily’s Farah Endorses Ron Paul? - January 22, 2008
- Repeat After Me:
I Am The DECIDER! - January 22, 2008
- Why Ron Paul Runs - January 21, 2008
- 3, 2, 1, – Time To Rise, Give, March for Freedom! - January 21, 2008
- Pro-Life President Paul - January 20, 2008
- Rudy WHO? - January 19, 2008
- Ron Paul Scores Silver in Silver State GOP Caucus - January 19, 2008
- A Poet Laureate for Ron Paul? - January 19, 2008
- The Day Ron Paul Takes Office - January 19, 2008
- “Ron Paul, Real Republican” – Cal Thomas - January 18, 2008
- Will The Ron Paul Blimp Reach Super Tuesday? - January 18, 2008
- Hope Is On Its Way! - January 17, 2008
- Joe Rogan on Ron Paul: “Americans Fear Change” - January 16, 2008
- Is Ron Paul To Blame For His Supporters’ Every Action? - January 15, 2008
- Chart Columnists, The Lounge Is Now Open! - January 14, 2008
- Protect Your Money - January 14, 2008
- Does The Bible Condemn Tax Withholding? - January 13, 2008
- Paul Ownz FOX - January 12, 2008
- Green Eggs And Scam - January 12, 2008
- Google Meltdown? Where’s Ron? - January 11, 2008
- Ron Paul, Media Darling! - January 11, 2008
- Ron Paul Scores 2nd Victory In New Hampshire - January 9, 2008
- NH – “Live Free Or Diebold?” - January 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Hits A Home Run On Leno! - January 8, 2008
- Ron Paul and New Hampshire’s “Old Man Of The Mountain” - January 8, 2008
- Live Free Or Die? – Hardly! - January 7, 2008
- Ron Paul On Leno Tonight? - January 7, 2008
- A Simple, Foolproof “Home Presidency Test”… - January 6, 2008
- A Presidential Candidate Pop Quiz for “Dumbed-Down” Christian Conservatives - January 6, 2008
- Getting Out The Vote! - January 6, 2008
- FOX News Sunday:
“We Distort. You Deride.” - January 5, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Incredible Iowa Victory - January 4, 2008
- Would Somebody PLEASE Hand Huck A Constitution? - January 4, 2008
- Why Do Most “Christians” Seem Dumb As Posts? - January 3, 2008
- Bye, Bye FOX: WE ARE The Media Now! - January 3, 2008
- Ron Paul, RINOs, and… CINOs? - January 3, 2008
- A Race Worth “Spoiling”? - January 2, 2008
- “Boots On The Ground” For Ron Paul In Iowa - January 2, 2008
- “Truth Realm” Claims 36% Nolan Chart Readership! - January 1, 2008
- Paul’s Dismal Fundraising Misses $20 Million Mark! - January 1, 2008
- Huck Ducks Question: “WWJB?” While Media Smears Ron Paul Supporters - December 31, 2007
- The Pious Perfidy of World Magazine - December 30, 2007
- No, You May Not Vote for Ron Paul! - December 29, 2007
- Exercise Your Free Will — Vote For Hilabamruckabiani! - December 29, 2007
- Become A
“Panther For Paul!” - December 29, 2007
- So You Think Ron Paul Can WIN?
Think Again! - December 28, 2007
- San Diego Ron Paul Micro-Blimp Removed! - December 28, 2007
- An Open Letter To Joseph Farah From A Fellow Christian - December 27, 2007
- Hey Wooly! - December 25, 2007
- “For Unto US Is Born This Day…” - December 25, 2007
- “O Say, Can You See?”
A Ron Paul Blimpette Rises Over San Diego - December 25, 2007
- A Revolutionary Act – Competition in Currency! - December 24, 2007
- Christian, Are You To Blame For The Evil In America? - December 24, 2007
- A Ron Paul Christmas Song – Walking In A Freedom Wonderland! - December 24, 2007
- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Ron Paul All The Way! - December 23, 2007
- A Ron Paul Christmas Songbook - December 22, 2007
- CODE BLUE!
Calling Ohio for Dr. Paul! - December 22, 2007
- The Gospel According To Paul (Ron Paul, That Is!) - December 22, 2007
- Deck The Halls for Dr. Paul! - December 22, 2007
- You’d Better Watch Out! - December 22, 2007
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Ron Paul! - December 22, 2007
- Attack Of The Ron Paul Micro-Blimps! - December 22, 2007
- Will The Real Conservative Republican Please Stand Up? - December 21, 2007
- How The US Became A Third-World Country - December 21, 2007
- The “Chuck ‘n’ Huck Show” – WWJD? - December 19, 2007
- Repeat After Me: “Ron Paul
Is NOT Electable!“ - December 18, 2007
- A Picture Is Worth… How Many Words? - December 17, 2007
- ‘Tis The Season To Think
“Ron Paul” - December 15, 2007
- A White (House) Christmas, 2009 - December 13, 2007
- What Does Ron Paul Really Want? - December 13, 2007
- ka-BOOOOMMM!!! Ron Paul Supporters’ “Campaign Terrorism” Set to EXPLODE On December 16th in Boston! - December 12, 2007
- Introducing “Downsize DC!”
– Ron Paul Would Approve! - December 10, 2007
- Biblical Stewardship – How Ron Paul’s Ideas Support Christian Missions - December 9, 2007
- A Badge of Honor? Why Not “Paulians?” - December 7, 2007
- Ron Paul Places Second in San Diego - December 7, 2007
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
(a la Ron Paul) - December 6, 2007
- Dr. Paul’s Patent Inflation Cure! - December 5, 2007
- ‘Twas the Night Before Ron Paul - December 4, 2007
- A Psalm for Ron Paul at Christmastime - December 1, 2007
- One Per Week, That’s All We Ask! - November 29, 2007