We live under such well-crafted illusions; the biggest is perhaps the one that is known as the “Dollar”. The hard-core illusion about the “Dollar” really began in earnest in 1933, when, in the depth of economic depression, FDR “revalued” gold. He artificially raised the price of gold from $20.67 to $35.00 per ounce, of course gold wasn't his real focus with such revaluation, it was the “Dollar” and its connection to gold that was the focus of this scheme created to form a national peonage. In effect, FDR devalued the purchasing power of the “Dollar” by increasing the value of gold as it was associated with the “Dollar”.
In reality, FDR didn't actually “raise” the price of gold; he lowered the value of the “dollar” by a whopping total of 41%. The price of gold had been increased, not by market forces, but by executive mandate, thus forcing the purchasing power of the “Dollar” down. At the time, money was gold and gold was money, but this was the first real break between real money and the U.S. Dollar. Of course, the gold in this country had been confiscated [in a breach of trust and violation of contract] by the same type of executive order given by FDR, all in an effort to implement an eventual break between real money and government decreed legal tender fiat money.
By this one action, the Treasury was instructed to pay $14.33 more “Dollars” for the same ounce of gold that just the day before was valued at $20.67 per ounce. Remember, in this country the “Dollar” was not money, it was redeemable for money, but it was not considered money. Gold was money and money was gold that was the essence of our monetary system. The reality behind this criminal action by FDR was that the people of this country were led to believe that FDR just increased the price of gold, but in fact, in reality, he had, with a stroke of a pen, drastically lowered the purchase value of the “Dollar”. Not only had he [the government] confiscated the people's gold, but on top of it he also stole 41% of their purchasing power by devaluing the “Dollar”. He did a lot more than that, but that's for another commentary.
The whole idea behind this action [I am sure if we pulled the curtain back far enough we would see the whole idea behind the Great Depression] was to depreciate the purchase value of the “Paper Dollar”, as it criminalized the ownership of real money [Gold] thus enforcing the use of a greatly devalued monetary unit called the “Dollar”. It should be obvious that it is impossible to “cheapen” the value of gold, so FDR, the government and the bankers, had to “cheapen” the “Dollar”. In effect, if someone went to the grocery store the next day after this happened, they would be pulling out the same “Dollars”, but even though they would see a hundred dollar bill in their hands, they would only be valued at 59% of what it was the day before.
Perhaps the most interesting thing is really what took place in the economy the next day, nothing happened, everything looked and worked the same as it had the day before even though the “Dollar” had been drastically debased. The problem, of course, was that this massive devaluation of the “Dollar” did not immediately show up in the economy, so when everyone when out to buy something the next day after the devaluation they bought goods and services that had the same pricing structure prior to the debasement of the currency. They were using money that had been devalued by 41%, but at that point the prices of goods and services didn't reflect the devaluation.
So, in essence, a buyer of goods and services would get, let's say $100 worth of goods, but the seller of those goods would receive only 59% purchase value and it was only until the seller of those goods and services used that devalued money that the chain of events would begin to take place as the debased value of those “Dollars” would begin to bid against the price of goods and services in the economy.
So, all those producers, manufacturers, salespeople, companies would be forced to accept 59 cents on the “Dollar” in exchange for every 100 cents worth of goods and services. No one even seemed to be aware that they had been effectively robbed, guess what, very few people today seem to be aware that they are being robbed each and every pay day.
All the Americans who were working hard for their “money” were, in reality, working for a 41% discount the day after FDR's devaluation of the “Dollar”, today of course, few people recognize that Americans are basically working for over a 95% discounted rate per hour then they were prior to the crimes of FDR. To everyone it seemed like they were working for the same amount of money they had always worked for, the one dollar bills looked the same, the five dollar bills looked the same, the twenty dollar bills looked the same, the fifty dollar bills looked the same, the hundred dollar bills looked the same, they sill look the same, but they are not the same.
It seems that it is just as easy today as it was when FDR committed the crime, people still look at their money and they still see the various denominations not realizing the fact that they are working at a drastically discounted rate per hour and are paying far more in the price of goods and services. How absolutely gullible the People have been and still are in this country.The reality is that this country has been transformed into a feudal peonage, where the people are productive workers for The State, laboring for pennies on the “Dollar” while they remain content under the illusion that they are making “more money”, never seeming to understand that they are just working for more monetary face values, but far less money purchase value.
We are a discounted work force, productive worker bees in the hive of The State [a government/corporate entity]. The government, the very entity that was created to protect this People has, instead, enslaved this People under a stealthy systematic creation of a massive serfdom. It's all pretence, all a scam that robs us and subjugates us under the wonderful guise of its protective wings.
The government has taken on the image of the “great problem solver” seeking to solve the ever-increasing list of problems, the very problems that it has created in the first place. It has enriched itself and its favorite cronies at the expense of the People, it is guilty and deserves to be dismantled, scrapped clean of its rancid fat, its bloated muscle, and scrapped down to bone and tendon.
In Liberty and Eternal Vigilance,
Latest posts by Republicae (see all)
- Government Economic Intervention and Control - February 18, 2013
- The Fundamental Law of Sovereignty - February 1, 2013
- The Fallen Republic And It's Restoration. - January 30, 2013
- The Long Road From Fiat To Gold - September 12, 2010
- Fiat Money: Dual and Single Tier Systems - September 4, 2010
- The Interposition of the Several States - July 7, 2010
- The Federal Claim to Supremacy [or how Supreme is the Supreme Court?] - July 4, 2010
- Economics-Obama Style - June 16, 2010
- The Government's Claim To Sovereignty - June 15, 2010
- Lincoln’s War On The Republic of Republics - April 20, 2009
- The Keynesian Illusionary Continuum - February 12, 2009
- The Degenerative Nature of Keynesian Economics - February 1, 2009
- Capitalism and the Poverty Fiction - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism: Nemesis of The Welfare State - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism, A Bulwark of Freedom - January 9, 2009
- The Hyper-Inflationary Trigger - November 26, 2008
- The Gimme-Gimme Script of Political Pottage - November 3, 2008
- The Destructive Art of Inflation - October 31, 2008
- The Federal Reserve Never Worked! - October 26, 2008
- The United States Dollar Promises Nothing! - October 16, 2008
- The Worn Out Text-Book Economist and Central Planners - October 16, 2008
- Enemies - October 15, 2008
- Fiat Money-Inflationary/Deflationary - October 15, 2008
- Fabian Socialist=Criminals - October 15, 2008
- We Live Under Such Well-Crafted Illusions… - September 5, 2008
- “it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government” - August 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam's Frivolous Fiat Fiasco/America's Irreversible State of Collapse! - August 10, 2008
- A Fabian Socialist Dream Come True - August 4, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 1 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 2 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 3 - August 2, 2008
- The Slow Creeping Vine of Economic Depression - July 19, 2008
- The Same Game for 50 Years! - June 17, 2008
- The Federal Breach Of Trust - May 3, 2008
- Sovereignty Is The Highest Degree Of Political Power - April 28, 2008
- Freedom Contingent Upon Compliance Is Not Freedom! - April 20, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part2 - April 16, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part1 - April 16, 2008
- 9/11-Psychological Terror - April 12, 2008
- Statism: The Bankrupt Ideology - April 4, 2008
- Rights Retained by the People. - April 3, 2008
- The Bloodline of Tyranny - April 2, 2008
- The 17th Amendment and the Nationalized Senate - April 2, 2008
- Peace, The Enemy Of The State - December 8, 2007
- The Ultimate Guardian of The Constitution - December 8, 2007
- They Prefer Our Silence To Our Consent - December 8, 2007
- The Voluntary Act Of A Reflective Union Of States - December 8, 2007
- The State Desires Divisions - December 8, 2007
- The Ease Of Power - December 8, 2007
- The Dangers of Machiavellian Jingoism - December 8, 2007
- When Our Money Was Our Property - December 8, 2007
- Dangerous Consequences - December 8, 2007
- Lest We Foget - December 8, 2007
- Contingent Freedom - December 8, 2007