Liberty is to faction, what air is to fire, an ailment without which it instantly expires. But it could not be a less folly to abolish liberty, which is essential to political life, because it nourishes faction, than it would be to wish the annihilation of air, which is essential to animal life, because it imparts to fire its destructive agency.
James Madison, Federalist 10
4th president of US (1751 – 1836)
I love this quote. It is simple and to the point and is part and party to my proposal. As most of you are aware that have read my column, I am a big fan of the life's work and astounding collection of written and living political philosophy that Is Dr. Ron Paul.
I have been reading a lot of articles on where the Ron Paul movement should go from here. Many of them are kind of fatalistic others are just one person's perspective but instructional to read just to know how many people are thinking on this subject.
What is obvious to me at least is this was not just a Libertarian or Conservative Republican movement. While both of these groups have strong Liberty Factions they do not have a corner on the market so to speak. I think what must happen is that the various Liberty Factions that came together in this effort around the election to President of Congressman Ron Paul should remain engaged.
They all have more common ground than they have differences. If there is no strong majority represented by the third parties as is evident from the voter turnout then the various party Liberty Factions must engage and coordinate our efforts with no regard for party affiliation.
We have a strong central source for our ideas already present and it is not Dr. Paul but in fact it is the US Constitution and our Bill of Rights. I must admit that an education in the Federalist Papers is important to understand the signer's intent to further guide our discussion and actions but everyone that is reading from the same page in the American Revolution should all be solidly behind each other no matter the party they belong to.
I propose that this effort be carefully and consciously reformed into an Alliance of Liberty Factions, or an “Alliance of Liberty Factions Political Action Committee” or ALFPAC. The Alliance of Liberty Factions charter should read something like this “Refer to the US Constitution and Bill of Rights for a copy of our Charter”. Or some such plainly clear message of origin of this Revolutionary thinking.
Thumbs up to second this proposal. (edited on 6.30.08)Tweet
Latest posts by Michael McDonnough (see all)
- The World Organization of Liberty Factions, W.O.L.F. - July 4, 2009
- How the r3volution will be won - May 12, 2009
- How many want to edit the Nolan Chart test? - February 22, 2009
- Net Neutrality means more government controls, what we need is Silicon TCP - February 21, 2009
- Failed Banker’s Special, All you can eat Free Money Buffet - February 9, 2009
- Tasers are Torture - July 29, 2008
- Alliance of Liberty Factions to continue the Ron Paul Revolution - June 25, 2008
- Houston Company QBII to Offer Gas Saving Nuclear Devices - May 23, 2008
- Company developing a promising anti-aging therapy from FDA approved drugs - May 22, 2008
- No Ron Paul in Google News Search - January 18, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Strong 4th Place in Michigan - January 15, 2008
- This Nation Turns from Fascism back to Freedom if Ron Paul is elected - January 8, 2008
- Barchart Changed NWS to Strong Sell, Was Ron Paul Revolution a factor - January 7, 2008
- Ron Paul To Repeal the Police State - January 3, 2008
- FOX News Corp Stock Taking a Beating for Slighting Ron Paul - January 1, 2008
- Ron Paul now has a Payday every Friday - December 28, 2007
- Benazir Bhutto says Omar Sheikh murdered Osama Bin laden - December 28, 2007
- Denmark-based Saxo Bank Predicts Ron Paul for 2008 - December 26, 2007
- Ron Paul Plugs America: From Freedom to Fascism - December 24, 2007
- Ron Paul calls out the many shortcomings of past and recent Presidents - December 23, 2007
- Ron Paul Rising - December 22, 2007
- Regifting for Ron Paul - December 22, 2007
- Glenn Beck Show Scrolls Paul Is Dead Message During Interview - December 18, 2007
- Address by Rocky Anderson Salt Lake City Mayor - December 18, 2007
- An open letter to Ron Paul on solving the health care crisis - December 9, 2007
- MSM Pulling for the Ron Paul Blimp? - December 7, 2007
- Do the Math; Ron Paul is the best choice for President - November 24, 2007
- Q and A with ebay sellers of NORFED coins and certificates - November 19, 2007
- Real value Ron Paul dollars verses FED fiat funny money - November 16, 2007
- Why do pundits harp on Ron Paul as isolationist? - November 12, 2007
- Ron Paul Nov 5th Donations sign of an angry Zeitgeist - November 6, 2007
- Cyber Warfare on Ron Paul Campaign Continues - November 2, 2007
- Ron Paul Campaign Under Cyber Attack - October 31, 2007
- Ron Paul says he runs the risk of winning - October 31, 2007
- Revenge of the Paulites - October 29, 2007
- How Can Ron Paul Deconstruct Government - October 24, 2007