If one looks at the Presidential Campaigns over the last 50 years one thing becomes appallingly apparent. That appalling fact is that both the Republicans and Democrats seem to be playing the same game over and over again.
Every four years the People of this country are inundated with information about the issues, debates rage between the candidates and the Parties, but the problem is that the issues always remain amazingly the same during every single Presidential Campaign. The “Roles” played by both Parties are also amazingly the same only with different actors. The positions taken by either side are the same and the promises made and the solutions offered are always the same, yet the issues remain, the problems persist with no real advancement toward substantial change on any of the issues. Even the News Casters basically have the very same thing to say about the candidates as they have said over and over and over again throughout the years. Journalism is now a joke in this country. We don't see the likes of a John Flynn or a Garet Garrett who would never dream of using watered-down ink when dealing with the hypocrisies of politics.
The only thing that really changes are the problems grow worse and far more complex. If you research those problems you will find one common thread throughout them all and that thread is that the majority of those problems directly stem from some action or legislation taken by the government itself. Congress has been one, if not the primary, source of all the problems this country faces, that remains a constant over at least the last 50 years, if not much longer.
So, what is going on, what is really going on in this country? The People of this country seem eager to swallow what the politicians regurgitate during election seasons, whether the election is for the Presidency, for the Senate or the House. People apparently never look at the issues of past campaigns otherwise they would be forced to ask some very hard and pressing questions, both of themselves and of the politicians who now seem to rule the roost without much oversight and definitely without the Consent of the People. We are a hand-fed People, given hand-full after hand-full of the same information about the same issues with the same promises from the candidates and yet we continue to believe that this election is the most important election of our life times. It is a bizarre and yet expertly preformed farce that seems to be played in such a believable way that it is accepted without much dissent or questioning.
As we can see in this current campaign, nothing, absolutely nothing is different; the two candidates have rehearsed their scripts and play their part, the same roles played by their respective predecessors in campaigns past. The Republicans and Democrats are so entrenched, so “inbred” with such a limited gene pool that they don't even recognize that their stances on the issues are the same as they have always been, that their promises have been heard so many times before that they are meaningless in terms of confronting the actual issues faced by this country and its People. I am astounded that so many are so blind to the obvious in these “stage-play” elections, it's just flabbergasting to realize that so many are suckered into this charade and have been for decades.
The problems this country faces, as I said, in just about every case, can be directly traced to the actions and legislations of the government. So, why, why do we continue to listen to these politicians, these promise-making candidates who are usually the same ones who caused the problems in the first place?
For example, for the last few decades it is estimated that this government creates approximately 75,000 pages of regulations every year regarding every single possible issue that you can imagine. Over a decade that amounts to 750,000 pages of verbose legal jargon that is physically and mentally impossible to either interpret or apply. This one example can easily be considered the epitome of absurdity and burdensome waste. This example is yet another a sign of the entrenchment policies of political compromise, compromise that rarely produces anything other that yet another set of problems arising from their collective actions.
It has become evident that the Chalice of Corrupting Power is just too tasty, far too tempting for most politicians to resist. Once they taste the deceptively sweet savor of corruption in that Chalice they must have more, usually much more. It is common to hear about the abuses of office, but the American People rarely consider just how much corruption exist within government when that government, when the politicians ignore or nullify the Constitutional Law of the Land. If you look at the correlation throughout our history you will find that the level of abuse and the subversion of Constitutional Order has a direct relationship to the level of corruption that exist within government. The more they ignore the Constitution the more corruption prevails!
Dissent is considered unacceptable, damnable and destructive to the “common-good” of the country, yet dissent is one of the most fundamental principles upon which this country was founded. The voices of dissent have been amazingly silent over the years; the plague of complacent compliance and apathy infects this land to a degree that it seems few are angered by the incredibly untenable circumstances in which this country finds itself.
There have been few things in the last 50 years that have stirred the People of this country; the slumber is seemingly deep and widespread. Even when the People do become stirred by some issue or event, they continue to believe that the “Status Quo” of the entrenchment polices of both the Republican and Democratic Parties will somehow make a difference this time around, yet, as history proves, it never, ever does!
Perhaps we have become so comfortable in our complacency or so apathetic that we now feel that nothing can be done, that our voices will never really be heard and that our redress of grievances will, as usual, go unanswered.
Perhaps we have completely bought into the idea that the brightest minds always float to the top of the leadership chain, that they must have the solutions to the problems we face; they simply must otherwise they would not be able to gain the support and recognition as leaders in the political arena however, as we have witnessed for decades that is not the case. In more times than not, those wise leaders cause many more problems then they ever solve. We have been conditioned to think that our leaders are somehow different, that they rank in some elite membership role of advanced thinking, efficient management and extraordinary leadership skills, but once again, we find ourselves very disappointed even though we continue to fall for the facade they present. Perception is, after all, everything, especially in politics.
I suppose it will take a catastrophe to fully shock the American People into the actual reality in which they move and have their being. Perhaps it will take the most unimaginable economic disaster to shake us awake, to make us realize that our losses over the decades have not just happened, but have been the result of either obvious political lunacy or intentional contrivances for political and financial gain. This country now faces such a catastrophe, it is inevitable since this government continues to maintain its bankrupting policies, all and I mean all, of which are completely unsustainable and have been for the last two decades, at the very least. The empire, built upon political contrivances and grand ideas is ending and ending far more rapidly than many can conceive, but if that is what it takes for the American People to realize what they have been robbed of over the decades, then so be it!
As I advance in years I grow in the opinion that we will be left with fewer and fewer options! I have come to the conclusion that the political process in this country no longer allows for either the freedom of thought and action needed to implement substantial change. As we begin to approach a period of even greater uncertainty, there may be an opportunity to provide answers to the growing host of questions that will naturally arise as the People rapidly lose faith in their government and lose loyalty to the charade presented to them by the entrenchment politics of the Republicans and Democrats. The word, the only word I can think of to describe this long-playing game, the abuse and usurpation of Constitutional authority and the corruption is treason, HIGH TREASON! Their punishment should fit the crime!
My hope is for a peaceful revolution, but I seriously have my doubts if it will be enough to actually change this government and its polices that are now so embedded into the flesh of this land that it drains the very life-blood from this country. My optimism waxes and wanes, my hope, while it remains, is but a glimmer of its former self.
Latest posts by Republicae (see all)
- Government Economic Intervention and Control - February 18, 2013
- The Fundamental Law of Sovereignty - February 1, 2013
- The Fallen Republic And It's Restoration. - January 30, 2013
- The Long Road From Fiat To Gold - September 12, 2010
- Fiat Money: Dual and Single Tier Systems - September 4, 2010
- The Interposition of the Several States - July 7, 2010
- The Federal Claim to Supremacy [or how Supreme is the Supreme Court?] - July 4, 2010
- Economics-Obama Style - June 16, 2010
- The Government's Claim To Sovereignty - June 15, 2010
- Lincoln’s War On The Republic of Republics - April 20, 2009
- The Keynesian Illusionary Continuum - February 12, 2009
- The Degenerative Nature of Keynesian Economics - February 1, 2009
- Capitalism and the Poverty Fiction - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism: Nemesis of The Welfare State - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism, A Bulwark of Freedom - January 9, 2009
- The Hyper-Inflationary Trigger - November 26, 2008
- The Gimme-Gimme Script of Political Pottage - November 3, 2008
- The Destructive Art of Inflation - October 31, 2008
- The Federal Reserve Never Worked! - October 26, 2008
- The United States Dollar Promises Nothing! - October 16, 2008
- The Worn Out Text-Book Economist and Central Planners - October 16, 2008
- Enemies - October 15, 2008
- Fiat Money-Inflationary/Deflationary - October 15, 2008
- Fabian Socialist=Criminals - October 15, 2008
- We Live Under Such Well-Crafted Illusions… - September 5, 2008
- “it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government” - August 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam's Frivolous Fiat Fiasco/America's Irreversible State of Collapse! - August 10, 2008
- A Fabian Socialist Dream Come True - August 4, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 1 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 2 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 3 - August 2, 2008
- The Slow Creeping Vine of Economic Depression - July 19, 2008
- The Same Game for 50 Years! - June 17, 2008
- The Federal Breach Of Trust - May 3, 2008
- Sovereignty Is The Highest Degree Of Political Power - April 28, 2008
- Freedom Contingent Upon Compliance Is Not Freedom! - April 20, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part2 - April 16, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part1 - April 16, 2008
- 9/11-Psychological Terror - April 12, 2008
- Statism: The Bankrupt Ideology - April 4, 2008
- Rights Retained by the People. - April 3, 2008
- The Bloodline of Tyranny - April 2, 2008
- The 17th Amendment and the Nationalized Senate - April 2, 2008
- Peace, The Enemy Of The State - December 8, 2007
- The Ultimate Guardian of The Constitution - December 8, 2007
- They Prefer Our Silence To Our Consent - December 8, 2007
- The Voluntary Act Of A Reflective Union Of States - December 8, 2007
- The State Desires Divisions - December 8, 2007
- The Ease Of Power - December 8, 2007
- The Dangers of Machiavellian Jingoism - December 8, 2007
- When Our Money Was Our Property - December 8, 2007
- Dangerous Consequences - December 8, 2007
- Lest We Foget - December 8, 2007
- Contingent Freedom - December 8, 2007