When we try to understand the proper role that government plays within this Republic then we should also gain knowledge about how government deviates from the Constitutional line of authority in its usurpations, and the effects deviations have upon this Nation. When a government seeks to usurp power, it normally does so through a myriad of bureaucratic appointments, contrary to Constitutional Order. Within the bureaucratic labyrinth it can twist the law in a number of ways which will always follow a certain path of base confusion and within that confusion it relies upon one thing to achieve its goals of sovereignty over the People and that is the complacency of the People.
Bureaucracy's intent is to always create a system that can be used to confound the People, one in which there is a “law” for every crime and that law is usually arbitrary, vague and complicated. The “law” becomes relative, hard and cold, without equality or justice, it becomes divisive to society and breaks People into classifications and groups for its administration.
Such a government will always extort concessions from the People in increments so small that few realize they have lost a portion of their Liberty and Freedom, and it does so without the slightest regard to justice or the Common Rights of man. There comes a time, in such a system, when the People will always be compelled to surrender some, and generally a large portion of their Freedom in order to live, day to day, within such a society.
A government which declares its sovereignty over the People, one which, like our present government, declares that the People's Rights are only grants from the government will always resort to coercion in order to maintain its supremacy and keep the People “in their place”.
As long as we continue to imagine ourselves subservient to the will of the government, to live and function at the pleasure of the government, we will never see the purpose Liberty and Freedom, nor shall we ever reap the benefits of that Liberty and Freedom! We must realize that the Liberty we are entitled to enjoy is not derived from this government, nor does this government create it. Government cannot create it, manage it, or export it, the only thing government can do is protect it, nurture it or destroy it through its policies. Lest we forget, the Banner of Liberty does not rest within the bowels of government, but in the hearts and minds of the People. Ideas have, as always, been the most effective weapon for any revolution; the one we now face is no different.
If men of disloyal inclinations, covetous and filled with avarice are allowed to govern with impunity, as they are now, they will naturally violate the Rights of their fellow Citizens, and under every pretense of good government they will increase their holdings of power to the point that it will cease to regard the Citizen as anything more than a resource for their use.
Men are often deluded into an opinion, that they must endure and therefore maintain the present order as it now stands, that either no change is possible or that to resist the present order will bring only suffering. Men have forgotten the power that the Blessings of Liberty bring, not only to an individual, but also to a Nation.
We have been taught the words of Liberty and Freedom, but have never enjoyed the full meaning of the words, nor have we seen the prosperity that Liberty and Freedom bring to a People. We have only witnessed the afterglow of the Liberty and Freedom this Nation once enjoyed, a fading glory from days long past. For decades, the Liberty and Freedom of this Nation have been abridged, mangled in the workings of the growing machinery of government.
As always, when men of questionable character and ambition, who through their covetousness grasp at the reigns of power will promote more and more encroachments on the People's Liberties until the People can no longer discern the meaning of Liberty. Those with such nature will always endeavor to establish themselves in a state of permanent superiority over the People, and in doing so, they will always betray the trust of the People. For over a century, these types of factious men have, through their artifices, deceived and misled the People through assuming the facade of Patriotism. They have long strayed from the Path of Liberty and Freedom, and thereby they have led this Nation down a path of eventual despair and destruction.
It is a violation of all that is Right and Good for a man to use the guise of Patriotism to encourage, through legislation and deed, the violation of the Law and the Rights of his fellow men. How can a man call himself a Friend of Freedom, and yet set himself up as what amounts to nothing short of a dictator and tyrant over the People, ignoring the Law as though it was a meaningless piece of paper? It is amazing that the People can still abide those who would use secret practices, and indeed violence to achieve their goals of domination, taking advantage of the unsuspecting security of others, to deprive them of the Free exercise of their Rights.
We have failed to discern that an Honest Man, a real Defender of Freedom, will always openly declare what he has to propose and allow the People to judge the validity of his proposition. He need never hide behind deception in order to promote his proposition, nor the exercise of that proposition. Should we not find it extremely strange the manner in which such men vindicate their position as the cause of Freedom when they seek to first deprive others of their Freedom to establish such a position?
When a man acts in such a manner to promote such claims under the cloak of Patriotism, seeking to gain influence over the People, he becomes the enemy of the People as well as the Nation, a Traitor to the Ideals of Liberty.
We, as a People, have through the decades, lost the traits which once made us a Great Nation, for it takes the most earnest dedication and vigilant exertions to firmly establish and maintain the condition in which Freedom can thrive and flourish. Yet, we have allowed those with sinister views to be entrusted with the powers of government, and in doing so, we have facilitated our own demise and the marginalization of the meaning of Freedom and Liberty.
The hope still abides that there are, within this Nation, those who, despite oppression and opposition to Liberty, will continue to resist all those who would seek to subvert this Republic and thus destroy our Freedom.
Latest posts by Republicae (see all)
- Government Economic Intervention and Control - February 18, 2013
- The Fundamental Law of Sovereignty - February 1, 2013
- The Fallen Republic And It's Restoration. - January 30, 2013
- The Long Road From Fiat To Gold - September 12, 2010
- Fiat Money: Dual and Single Tier Systems - September 4, 2010
- The Interposition of the Several States - July 7, 2010
- The Federal Claim to Supremacy [or how Supreme is the Supreme Court?] - July 4, 2010
- Economics-Obama Style - June 16, 2010
- The Government's Claim To Sovereignty - June 15, 2010
- Lincoln’s War On The Republic of Republics - April 20, 2009
- The Keynesian Illusionary Continuum - February 12, 2009
- The Degenerative Nature of Keynesian Economics - February 1, 2009
- Capitalism and the Poverty Fiction - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism: Nemesis of The Welfare State - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism, A Bulwark of Freedom - January 9, 2009
- The Hyper-Inflationary Trigger - November 26, 2008
- The Gimme-Gimme Script of Political Pottage - November 3, 2008
- The Destructive Art of Inflation - October 31, 2008
- The Federal Reserve Never Worked! - October 26, 2008
- The United States Dollar Promises Nothing! - October 16, 2008
- The Worn Out Text-Book Economist and Central Planners - October 16, 2008
- Enemies - October 15, 2008
- Fiat Money-Inflationary/Deflationary - October 15, 2008
- Fabian Socialist=Criminals - October 15, 2008
- We Live Under Such Well-Crafted Illusions… - September 5, 2008
- “it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government” - August 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam's Frivolous Fiat Fiasco/America's Irreversible State of Collapse! - August 10, 2008
- A Fabian Socialist Dream Come True - August 4, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 1 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 2 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 3 - August 2, 2008
- The Slow Creeping Vine of Economic Depression - July 19, 2008
- The Same Game for 50 Years! - June 17, 2008
- The Federal Breach Of Trust - May 3, 2008
- Sovereignty Is The Highest Degree Of Political Power - April 28, 2008
- Freedom Contingent Upon Compliance Is Not Freedom! - April 20, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part2 - April 16, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part1 - April 16, 2008
- 9/11-Psychological Terror - April 12, 2008
- Statism: The Bankrupt Ideology - April 4, 2008
- Rights Retained by the People. - April 3, 2008
- The Bloodline of Tyranny - April 2, 2008
- The 17th Amendment and the Nationalized Senate - April 2, 2008
- Peace, The Enemy Of The State - December 8, 2007
- The Ultimate Guardian of The Constitution - December 8, 2007
- They Prefer Our Silence To Our Consent - December 8, 2007
- The Voluntary Act Of A Reflective Union Of States - December 8, 2007
- The State Desires Divisions - December 8, 2007
- The Ease Of Power - December 8, 2007
- The Dangers of Machiavellian Jingoism - December 8, 2007
- When Our Money Was Our Property - December 8, 2007
- Dangerous Consequences - December 8, 2007
- Lest We Foget - December 8, 2007
- Contingent Freedom - December 8, 2007