Of course, it takes a media one-of-those-sell-your-souls-bodies-and-anything-else-for-the-almighty-buck kind of person ( starts with “w”, rhymes with “more”) to know one so Bill O' Reilly certainly can claim to know, on a smarmy propaganda politico level, the likes of Scott McClellan.
You know who Scott is, the former White House mouthpiece who has returned to the limelight for another 15 minutes of fame and has incurred the wrath of Bill ” I Can Attack Anyone I Want But Don't You Dare Bring Up That Nasty Sexual Harassment Suit I Settled” O'Reilly.
Bill , in one of his spittle spraying snits, says Scott is a “Judas” for writing the tell-all book (I'm not mentioning the title, he's had enough free publicity) about his days inside the Bush regime.
Notice Bill calls him “Judas”, the betrayer of Jesus. Yes, in this bizarro war-is-peace, l984-ish age in the American Empire that was once the United States of America, we must have allusions to our great leader as Christ-like. Heck, they aren't even thinly veiled.
What's next? Will Bill cry crocodile tears and moan George W is being “crucified” over the Iraq debacle?
Uh-huh. And whom would Jesus bomb?
But I digress… We all know George W. talks to “God” or at least hears voices and answers them by invading sovereign countries under false pretenses.
Now I hope ol' Scott came clean and that he tells the truth in his book.
But he is a Judas.
Here's where I disagree with O'Reilly, however.
Scott McClellan was a Judas to his fellow Americans.
He stood in front of the media, answered hard questions with eye rolling, sarcastic pontification and repeated lies that he surely must have known or suspected were just that. He betrayed me, and you and our country.
It was only until he was dumped by the White House and signed on the dotted line for some more of the fame game and money that he told the truth — how many years, how many American and Iraqi lives later?
How much further in the economic and soulless pit are we now than we were when the light bulb first went off for Scott?
I won't read his book. I suspect there's not a fact that any of us who were reading history, the world's press and THINKING and opposing the Iraq invasion from the get-go didn't know way back when.
This is not an attack on McClellan's looks but, well, let's look at him. This is an observation: he looks soft and mushy and , well, weak. Spineless is the word that comes to mind.
No, I will not read his book.
Now on to Newt : Raw Story is reporting that at a recent book signing, Newt was asked why the U.S. hasn't had any more terrorist attacks. His answer was that he had expected another attack and , golly gee whiz, when the sicko snipers were loose shooting people at random a few years ago, he thought those darn terrorist would have figured out they coulda, woulda, shoulda just sent in sniper teams into the country to scare the pants off us, but they didn't.
Anyhoo, Newt opined the Bush regime has done TOO GOOD of a job of “stopping” attacks since 9/11 sopeople don't really believe we are in danger from terrorists.
Ok, here's where I agree with Newt: apparently, we aren't in much danger from terrorists , at least not the ones that popular culture thinks were behind 9/11.
If we were, after all, with few of our ports guarded and OUR BORDERS VIRTUALLY WIDE OPEN they would have pretty much done what they wanted by now.
Unlike Newt, I don't credit the Neocons in charge with protecting us at all.
They wanted their excuse to invade Iraq. They got it. They used every wily trick in the book to slice away our constitutional rights.
But protect us? Surely, Newt is smarter than that…
Let's all say this one more time, out loud: THE BUSH REGIME DID NOTHING TO PROTECT OUR BORDERS. That fact alone screams loud and clear that the powers-that-be didn't really think there was any reason to protect our country with anything resembling common sense.
Think about it.
Newt went on to say, according to Raw Story, “… think the greatest danger to our liberty is to actually have the country end up in the kind of attack that would lead us to favor a dictatorship for security.”
I agree with him again — to a point.
You see, I think that kind of attack already happened on September 11, 2001.
I hope Newt wakes up. I hope we all do, before it is too late to ever take this nation back.Tweet
Latest posts by Sherry Baker (see all)
- What Michael Jackson’s Death Teaches Us About Politics and the Media - July 7, 2009
- The Mark Sanford Mess: It’s Not the Sex, It’s the Misuse of the Governor’s Office - July 1, 2009
- BREAKING NEWS: Ron Paul Delegates Surrounded by SS ( Secret Service) - September 5, 2008
- What I’d Do If Left Alone In A Room With Sarah Palin - September 4, 2008
- For John McCain: How About Taking Off Our STUPID Hats And Putting On Our “Won’t Be Fooled Again” Hats? - September 2, 2008
- John Edwards’ Sex Life Is His Business - August 24, 2008
- Hang ‘Em High?Law School Dean Makes SERIOUSPlans To Try Bush Regime for War Crimes - July 12, 2008
- Justice Is Not Blind , SHE’S BEING HELD AT GUNPOINT by Michael Reagan, Cheney, et al - June 21, 2008
- MICHAEL REAGAN SAYS PUT GRENADES UP BABIES RECTUMS ,BLOW THEM UP - June 17, 2008
- MICHAEL REAGAN SHOULD BE FIRED AND ARRESTED FOR DEATH THREATS - June 15, 2008
- Has Hell Frozen Over? Bill O’Reilly And Newt Gingrich Are RIGHT! (Sort of..) - May 29, 2008
- Why Obama Can Call Me Sweetie - May 24, 2008
- JUST SHOOT HER: Hillary’s Assassination Comment and the Road to PC Hell - May 23, 2008
- Britney’s Bod Beats A Million Dead Bodies: The Sorry State of US Journalism - May 21, 2008
- Cindy McCain and the C Word Problem: It’s not about Tax Returns! - May 10, 2008
- Cyborgs, Science Rock Stars and Seoul - May 8, 2008
- Eliot Spitzer: It’s NOT about the Sex, Prostitutes or Adultery. IT’S THE FELONY, STUPID! - March 13, 2008
- Start your OWN Revolution. Be Loud, Proud, Creative and JUST DO IT! - March 3, 2008
- Those OTHER Reasons To Vote For McCain Over Ron Paul - February 2, 2008
- Top Reasons You Should Vote For John McCain - January 30, 2008
- The Most Misleading (Reality) Show in Town: The Latest Republican Blither Debate - January 25, 2008