♣ Taxation WITHOUT Representation?
You are being secretly taxed, every day, and you have absolutely no say-so in the matter. How can this be? Inflation, created by the federal reserve bank and “blessed” by congress, robs more and more of the value of your money every day. Don't you think congress should come to your rescue and end this hidden taxation?
Ron Paul has introduced two bills in congress to give us a clear and simple way out of this dilema, and in their regular blog today, Downsize DC's Jim Babka tells us how we can take action to support Ron Paul's bills.
I have taken part in the barrage on congress today, and it took me less than a minute to do it! You too can use Downsize DC's brilliant interface to increase the pressure on congress to do the right thing.
Try the Downsize DC system! Invest five minutes today, sign up, and then at your convenience you too can help put daily pressure on your representatives to do the right thing.
With their permission, I now turn the floor over to Downsize DC:
Today's Downsizer Dispatch . . .
Fighting the Inflation Tax with Gold
Quote of the day:
“No gold-digging for me… I take diamonds! We may be off the gold standard someday.”
– Mae West
Subject: Fighting the Inflation Tax with Gold
Inflation is back — at the pump, at the grocery store, and in your utility bills. The higher prices you're paying are caused, in large part, by Federal Reserve (FED) money creation. Like counterfeiters, the FED creates money almost out of thin air.
Frankly, we'd like to see the FED closed. But how? We'd need a plan.
Some impressive minds, like Ludwig von Mises, Ron Paul, and Edwin Viera think the best way to fight the FED, is to open the door for . . .
Private money, based on gold, NOT denominated in dollars, but by weight, that competes against Federal Reserve Notes (dollars).
Make dollars compete with gold and the FED's ability to generate new dollars could be constricted. FED counterfeiting would be less and less relevant. It would be like yanking the teeth from a weakened beast, and only then calling for a fight.
But why gold?
* Gold can't be counterfeited or easily manipulated by political forces.
* Gold retains its purchasing power. Gold even allows you to buy more as production technologies improve.
Investment writer Bill Bonner recently reported . . .
“To show you the scope of the phenomenon, we pull out a copy of The New York Times from October 19th, 1896. There, it is recorded in black and white that the average wheat price was about $1 a bushel – in gold – during the previous 20 years. An ounce of gold would buy you 20 bushels of wheat. Today, you can buy a bushel of wheat for about $12 which means, an ounce of gold will buy about 75 bushels of wheat. In terms of real money – gold – the price of wheat has gone down for more than 100 years. However fast farmers have added to the world’s wheat output, in other words, central banks have outdone them, planting far more acreage in paper money.”
Even the price of oil, which has been subject to massive government price distortion, has remained steady when denominated in gold. (NOTE: Right here in this blog post you can see three charts, from three different reliable sources, that demonstrate this point.)
Virtually everyone, most painfully families and those on fixed incomes, know that they're paying more at the pump, at the grocery store and for utilities.
Here's the point: Inflation is a tax — a hidden, sneaky levy.
Who benefits from the FED's money machine? The bloated federal government gets most of the first fruits of the FED's counterfeiting to spend on unnecessary wars and cow flatulence museums.
And by “first fruit,” we mean when the dollars are new, before they've washed through the economy. Your friendly federal government gets to spend those fresh dollars before they cause price inflation. It's like having an inside source to tell you when the price of any given item is going to increase. You could walk into the store and buy a computer, a car, or a case of Coca-Cola today, for less than all of tomorrow's suckers will pay — except in this case, the American people are the suckers.
Gold is Honest Money.
Imagine a world where everyone wants to be paid in gold instead of those depreciating dollars!
So how do we reach the point where the dollar competes with Honest Money? Two big hurdles are:
1) Federal Reserve Notes (dollars, greenbacks) enjoy a monopoly status called “legal tender” and,
2) The Federal Mint holds a monopoly for coining money.
Let's start by removing these hurdles, and gold may be able to compete.
* You already use the mechanisms that would make “gold money” practical, every time you whip out your debit card.
* Money would be defined more by the market, and less by government. At first, computers could calculate conversion rates in real time. Over time, people would simply think of price by weight of gold.
Would you like to close the FED? The first, “fabian” steps are breaking the legal tender and minting monopolies. Then, the FED becomes toothless and vulnerable.
Congressman Ron Paul has introduced two “honest money” bills that we've combined into one campaign at DownsizeDC.org — “End the Inflation Tax.”
Please, go there now and send a message. Tell your representatives in Congress that you want them to end legal tender and permit private coining of money. Tell them to [link edited for length]
Thank you for being part of the growing Downsize DC Army,
CONTRIBUTE to the Electronic Lobbyist project [here]
http://www.downsizedc.org/is sponsored by DownsizeDC.org, Inc. a non-profit educational organization promoting the ideas of individual liberty, personal responsibility, free markets, and small government.
You are encouraged to forward this message to friends and business associates, and permission is hereby granted to reproduce any items herein as long as attribution is provided for articles and the subscription instructions above are included.
Here are some more Truth Realm articles:
•Ron Paul, Wesley Snipes, and Other Tax Honesty Heroes
•Ron Paul's Boot Camp for NonTaxpayers
•Google “Pulls” Ron Paul Tax Article?
•Ron Paul Meetup Enlightens San Diego Tax Lemmings
•Jesus, Ron Paul, and the IRS
•Ron Paul Single-Handedly Abolishes the IRS!
•Ron Paul and Tax Terrorism
•Which Part of Ron Paul's “Eliminate the IRS” Didn't You Understand?
•McCain, Huckabee, Ron Paul – Whose Lips Are YOU Reading On Taxes?
•Does The Bible Condemn Tax Withholding?
•My Favorite Comments from Ron Paul Supporters
Latest posts by creator (see all)
- New Energy, Hard Science - June 25, 2014
- A Helping Hand for Liberty Dollar Founder? - December 7, 2012
- Kicking the IRS Dragon – A Way to End “Obamacare” Tyranny? - October 25, 2012
- Ron Paul Win at Risk Without Vote Verification - January 3, 2012
- Iowa GOP Plans Ron Paul Defeat Via Vote Fraud - January 2, 2012
- Ron Paul Dissed by FOTF CitizenLink - October 12, 2011
- Capital Due Process, R.I.P! - October 1, 2011
- Ron Paul: Un-Electable? - September 8, 2011
- The Demo’s Done — Has Steorn Won? - January 30, 2010
- Steorn’s “Final Demo: Proving Overunity” - January 25, 2010
- “One, Two, Three… Overunity!” – Steorn - January 12, 2010
- Steorn Unimpressed With Replication Attempts - January 6, 2010
- A Tale of Two Novels - December 30, 2009
- Top Ten Uses for Time Magazine - December 29, 2009
- Naudin Replicates Steorn Orbo - December 29, 2009
- Steorn – What Constitutes “Proof” of Over Unity? - December 15, 2009
- Steorn – Why The Controversy? - December 14, 2009
- Chuck Baldwin Exposes the Insanity of Trusting in Government - December 3, 2009
- The Gospel According to Steorn - November 29, 2009
- Chastened by Steorn’s Lawyers - August 19, 2009
- Steorn 300 – First Impressions - August 10, 2009
- Congress Mocks Representative Government!
‘Cap and Trade’ Shenanigans - June 9, 2009
- Steorn 300 – Some Fine Print? - June 5, 2009
- Steorn 300 News
(Google Notwithstanding!) - May 30, 2009
- The Steorn 300 Chosen - April 29, 2009
- Leveraging “Tea Party” Tax Protests in San Diego County - April 16, 2009
- IRS Suffers Another Crushing Blow - April 15, 2009
- RE: AIG Bonuses – “Americans are immature twits” – Jim Babka, Downsize DC - March 23, 2009
- The Steorn 300 - March 14, 2009
- “Downsize DC” Backs Ron Paul’s Anti-Fed Bill - February 23, 2009
- Can You Handle the Truth About Income Taxation? - January 27, 2009
- The Fed is Destroying Your Money RIGHT NOW - October 16, 2008
- Why Rejecting this Bailout will NOT Cause a Depression - September 25, 2008
- Ron Paul-Endorsed Money Bomb a Dud? - July 5, 2008
- Use GOLD to Help Ron Paul Fight The Inflation Tax! - May 13, 2008
- Free America? Free Energy! - May 2, 2008
- Author Writes About Ron Paul; Surprised At Response - May 1, 2008
- Help Ron Paul Stop the SPP - April 28, 2008
- Ron Paul, Wesley Snipes, and Other Tax Honesty Heroes - April 25, 2008
- Tax Freedom Day? No Way! “Double Trouble” – Ron Paul - April 24, 2008
- Ron Paul, Pennsylvania, and Diebold Vote Fraud - April 22, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Boot Camp for NonTaxpayers - April 21, 2008
- Google “Pulls” Ron Paul Tax Article? - April 18, 2008
- Ron Paul Meetup Enlightens San Diego Tax Lemmings - April 17, 2008
- Ron Paul, Friend of April Fools and Taxpayers - April 15, 2008
- Jesus, Ron Paul, and the IRS - April 14, 2008
- Think You’re Free? Think Again! - April 4, 2008
- Anybody Here Seen My Old Friend Ron Paul? - April 3, 2008
- Ron Paul’s American Freedom Agenda Act - April 2, 2008
- Ron Paul Single-Handedly Abolishes the IRS! - April 1, 2008
- Ron Paul and Liberty on TV, Every DAY? - March 27, 2008
- The Cost of Everything Else - March 10, 2008
- Ron Paul May Be Partisan, but He’s not THAT Partisan! - March 8, 2008
- Without Ron Paul, Just More Bush* On The Economy - March 7, 2008
- “Dangerous and Exciting Times” – Ron Paul - March 7, 2008
- My Favorite Comments from Ron Paul Supporters - March 6, 2008
- Voting For A Loser? Vote Ron Paul, NOT John McCain - March 5, 2008
- Huck Ducks, Paul Persists - March 5, 2008
- Christian Libertarianism Makes Sense for Ron Paul And for Me - March 4, 2008
- Ron Paul and Tax Terrorism - March 3, 2008
- Which Part of Ron Paul’s “Eliminate the IRS” Didn’t You Understand? - February 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Is The Only Governor Running For President - February 28, 2008
- Jesus and Ron Paul - February 27, 2008
- When It Comes To Ron Paul News, Spin Is King - February 25, 2008
- Ron Paul “Texas Twofer” - February 24, 2008
- New “March of Liberty” Radio Show Rocks! - February 23, 2008
- McCain, Huckabee, Ron Paul – Whose Lips Are YOU Reading On Taxes? - February 23, 2008
- Senate Writes Blank Check! - February 22, 2008
- Honey, I Shrunk The Government! - February 21, 2008
- Massive Federal Incompetence, More On The Way Absent Ron Paul - February 20, 2008
- Aspiring Author Acclaims Ron Paul to Large Canadian Radio Audience - February 20, 2008
- Bush Endorsements — Kiss of Death for McCain? - February 19, 2008
- New Ron Paul Bill Fights Inflation – Will You Help? - February 18, 2008
- Can Any Good Thing Come Out of Washington? - February 16, 2008
- Are You Hungry For Liberty Yet? - February 14, 2008
- Aren’t You Sorry Now That You Wasted Your Vote? - February 14, 2008
- Building a Community of Writers – The Nolan Chart Lounge - February 14, 2008
- McCain Violates Senate Oath - February 13, 2008
- Majority of Senate Violates Oath Yesterday! - February 13, 2008
- Can The Ron Paul Freedom March Succeed? - February 12, 2008
- Ron Paul — “Storm The Capital!” - February 12, 2008
- New Media Rising! - February 11, 2008
- Ron Paul Revolutionaries: “Hang Together” - February 11, 2008
- Time For McCain To Withdraw? - February 10, 2008
- John McCain Is NOT Electable - February 9, 2008
- McCain Is Unelectable - February 9, 2008
- Good Morning, Washington! Choose Ron Paul and Freedom! - February 9, 2008
- McCain Coronation Sounds Death Knell for GOP - February 8, 2008
- Ron Paul is No Spoiler! - February 8, 2008
- Congress Passes Economic “Stick-it To Us” Package - February 8, 2008
- Ron Paul Tough On Terrorism - February 7, 2008
- Electrifying News! Paul, McCain, and Huckabee! - February 7, 2008
- The $150 Billion Fraud - February 7, 2008
- 42 Delegates For Paul, More On The Way - February 6, 2008
- Ron Paul Revolutionaries, To “The Moon!” - February 6, 2008
- Ron Paul 2nd In Montana - February 6, 2008
- Pray For Liberty! - February 5, 2008
- Want Freedom, Peace, and Prosperity? ASK For It! Vote Ron Paul! - February 5, 2008
- Enough Pain To Pick Ron Paul? - February 4, 2008
- Thank God For The Naive Voter! - February 4, 2008
- Several Hundred Rally for “Ron Paul” and “Freedom” in Balboa Park - February 3, 2008
- Ron Paul and the Ten Little Indians - February 3, 2008
- Is Super Tuesday the REAL Groundhog Day? - February 1, 2008
- Ron Paul Baby Blimp Needs New Home! - February 1, 2008
- Rush Is Right – Ron Paul and “A Snowball’s Chance”… - February 1, 2008
- Fifty-One Years! Celebrate Ron Paul’s Marriage! - January 31, 2008
- 60,000 Floridians For Ron Paul and Liberty! - January 30, 2008
- Is It Time To Eliminate The Feckless FEC? - January 30, 2008
- Singer Arlo Guthrie Endorses Ron Paul, Boomers Take Note - January 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Eats At Alice’s Restaurant - January 29, 2008
- Ron Paul Won’t Win A Single Primary… - January 29, 2008
- In Case You Missed Ron Paul’s Memo… - January 28, 2008
- “Paper or Plastic?” Why Paper Ballots Alone Won’t Help Ron Paul - January 28, 2008
- Ron Paul and Media Bias: Are You Mad As Hell Yet? - January 25, 2008
- What Are “Enumerated Powers” and Why Does Ron Paul Support Them? - January 25, 2008
- Louisiana GOP Flim-Flam Throws Election - January 24, 2008
- Rush Tacitly Endorses Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- An Open Letter to Janet Folger of Faith2Action - January 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam Wants YOU! — to Campaign For Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- WorldNetDaily’s Farah Endorses Ron Paul? - January 22, 2008
- Repeat After Me:
I Am The DECIDER! - January 22, 2008
- Why Ron Paul Runs - January 21, 2008
- 3, 2, 1, – Time To Rise, Give, March for Freedom! - January 21, 2008
- Pro-Life President Paul - January 20, 2008
- Rudy WHO? - January 19, 2008
- Ron Paul Scores Silver in Silver State GOP Caucus - January 19, 2008
- A Poet Laureate for Ron Paul? - January 19, 2008
- The Day Ron Paul Takes Office - January 19, 2008
- “Ron Paul, Real Republican” – Cal Thomas - January 18, 2008
- Will The Ron Paul Blimp Reach Super Tuesday? - January 18, 2008
- Hope Is On Its Way! - January 17, 2008
- Joe Rogan on Ron Paul: “Americans Fear Change” - January 16, 2008
- Is Ron Paul To Blame For His Supporters’ Every Action? - January 15, 2008
- Chart Columnists, The Lounge Is Now Open! - January 14, 2008
- Protect Your Money - January 14, 2008
- Does The Bible Condemn Tax Withholding? - January 13, 2008
- Paul Ownz FOX - January 12, 2008
- Green Eggs And Scam - January 12, 2008
- Google Meltdown? Where’s Ron? - January 11, 2008
- Ron Paul, Media Darling! - January 11, 2008
- Ron Paul Scores 2nd Victory In New Hampshire - January 9, 2008
- NH – “Live Free Or Diebold?” - January 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Hits A Home Run On Leno! - January 8, 2008
- Ron Paul and New Hampshire’s “Old Man Of The Mountain” - January 8, 2008
- Live Free Or Die? – Hardly! - January 7, 2008
- Ron Paul On Leno Tonight? - January 7, 2008
- A Simple, Foolproof “Home Presidency Test”… - January 6, 2008
- A Presidential Candidate Pop Quiz for “Dumbed-Down” Christian Conservatives - January 6, 2008
- Getting Out The Vote! - January 6, 2008
- FOX News Sunday:
“We Distort. You Deride.” - January 5, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Incredible Iowa Victory - January 4, 2008
- Would Somebody PLEASE Hand Huck A Constitution? - January 4, 2008
- Why Do Most “Christians” Seem Dumb As Posts? - January 3, 2008
- Bye, Bye FOX: WE ARE The Media Now! - January 3, 2008
- Ron Paul, RINOs, and… CINOs? - January 3, 2008
- A Race Worth “Spoiling”? - January 2, 2008
- “Boots On The Ground” For Ron Paul In Iowa - January 2, 2008
- “Truth Realm” Claims 36% Nolan Chart Readership! - January 1, 2008
- Paul’s Dismal Fundraising Misses $20 Million Mark! - January 1, 2008
- Huck Ducks Question: “WWJB?” While Media Smears Ron Paul Supporters - December 31, 2007
- The Pious Perfidy of World Magazine - December 30, 2007
- No, You May Not Vote for Ron Paul! - December 29, 2007
- Exercise Your Free Will — Vote For Hilabamruckabiani! - December 29, 2007
- Become A
“Panther For Paul!” - December 29, 2007
- So You Think Ron Paul Can WIN?
Think Again! - December 28, 2007
- San Diego Ron Paul Micro-Blimp Removed! - December 28, 2007
- An Open Letter To Joseph Farah From A Fellow Christian - December 27, 2007
- Hey Wooly! - December 25, 2007
- “For Unto US Is Born This Day…” - December 25, 2007
- “O Say, Can You See?”
A Ron Paul Blimpette Rises Over San Diego - December 25, 2007
- A Revolutionary Act – Competition in Currency! - December 24, 2007
- Christian, Are You To Blame For The Evil In America? - December 24, 2007
- A Ron Paul Christmas Song – Walking In A Freedom Wonderland! - December 24, 2007
- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Ron Paul All The Way! - December 23, 2007
- A Ron Paul Christmas Songbook - December 22, 2007
- CODE BLUE!
Calling Ohio for Dr. Paul! - December 22, 2007
- The Gospel According To Paul (Ron Paul, That Is!) - December 22, 2007
- Deck The Halls for Dr. Paul! - December 22, 2007
- You’d Better Watch Out! - December 22, 2007
- It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Ron Paul! - December 22, 2007
- Attack Of The Ron Paul Micro-Blimps! - December 22, 2007
- Will The Real Conservative Republican Please Stand Up? - December 21, 2007
- How The US Became A Third-World Country - December 21, 2007
- The “Chuck ‘n’ Huck Show” – WWJD? - December 19, 2007
- Repeat After Me: “Ron Paul
Is NOT Electable!“ - December 18, 2007
- A Picture Is Worth… How Many Words? - December 17, 2007
- ‘Tis The Season To Think
“Ron Paul” - December 15, 2007
- A White (House) Christmas, 2009 - December 13, 2007
- What Does Ron Paul Really Want? - December 13, 2007
- ka-BOOOOMMM!!! Ron Paul Supporters’ “Campaign Terrorism” Set to EXPLODE On December 16th in Boston! - December 12, 2007
- Introducing “Downsize DC!”
– Ron Paul Would Approve! - December 10, 2007
- Biblical Stewardship – How Ron Paul’s Ideas Support Christian Missions - December 9, 2007
- A Badge of Honor? Why Not “Paulians?” - December 7, 2007
- Ron Paul Places Second in San Diego - December 7, 2007
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
(a la Ron Paul) - December 6, 2007
- Dr. Paul’s Patent Inflation Cure! - December 5, 2007
- ‘Twas the Night Before Ron Paul - December 4, 2007
- A Psalm for Ron Paul at Christmastime - December 1, 2007
- One Per Week, That’s All We Ask! - November 29, 2007