The Iraq war has been subject to much criticsm and there is a growing movement topull all our forces out immediately. It has also been branded as a war that ismaking us more vulnerable, not safer. I think that the Iraq war has been a primary reason that we have not experienced a terrorist attack in over six years.
Iraq has now become the main battleground in the war on terror and it is the most direct way to strike at the United States. I think that the reason we have not been attacked in six years is because that most the jihadists who would have attacked the American homeland are now traveling to Iraq to become “martyrs”. These extremists are trying to the utmost to kill our troops. They have killed over 4,000 in 5 years, but our soldiers have killed many more of them than they have killed us. Our soldiers are prepared to meet this threat and they have had no opportunity to strike at unprepared civilians.
We have lost 4,000 of our finest fellow citizens in 5 years, but we lost over 3,000 in a day on September 11, 2001. If our efforts in Iraq have prevented another 9-11 then I think our efforts there are worth it.Tweet
Latest posts by Locke (see all)
- Why we can’t take the easy road out of Iraq - May 15, 2008
- The Eastern Bloc - May 10, 2008
- Why Hillary is Loaning her Campaign Money - May 10, 2008
- Why Iraq is helping our national security - May 9, 2008
- Why America should accept the President’s wiretapping program - May 9, 2008
- Why Winston Churchill Saved the Free World - May 8, 2008