The head of Brazil's National Petroleum Agency claims that a new offshore oil field, located off the coast of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil that contains 33 billion barrels of oil. This new find, if true, called the Carioca field would be the worlds largest. Last year Brazil located two other important fields. One was the 8 million barrel Tupi offshore oil field and the other was a huge natural gas field called Jupiter. Those two fields alone are double the US oil reserves in size.
The United States imports about half of it's 10 million barrels-per-day (BPD) from the Western hemisphere countries of Mexico, Canada and Venezuela. If the US got the other half of it's 10 million BPD from Brazil it would totally remove the US dependency for oil from the Middle East.
Believe it or not, some people are saying that oil is one of the main reasons for a US military presence in the Middle East. If the US were to get that oil elsewhere, many believe that the political “need” to be in the Middle East, that has been pushed by the Bush Administration, would need to be reevaluated.
Although these new finds will most likely not be producing oil before the end of the Bush presidency, it is said that he may try to kick start some sort of deal with Brazil, to secure US interests in the region and to guarantee that the US gets a majority of Brazil's oil. (It wouldn't hurt the failing GOP image either).
The question then would be how would he wiggle his way out of all his comments about “staying the course in Iraq until we win” and or “until Iraq is stable” comments without looking as though he was misleading either country. Will he continue to stay the course at the cost of more American lives and treasures to save his face or will he find an
excuse reason to leave. Most likely he will wait it out until closer to November before making any decisions on the matter in hopes that he can pass the blame of his “cut and run” exit from Iraq on to the incoming President.
Fortunately for him there is one other possibility.
The United States is not the only country in the world drooling over the abundant oil reserves in the Middle East. The oil dependent countries of China, Japan and India are eyeballing the Middle East for their addiction for oil. China and India have already began an undeclared arms race and are converging on the area. It is said that China is building ports that “look like”naval bases in Pakistan and Myanmar and India has began building aircraft carriers to secure their interests in the region. If the US was to turn away, India and China would most likely rush in to fill the vacuum and secure their access to the Gulf's oil. That would leave Iraq's security, that Americans have paid so dearly trying to establish, in the hands of somebody other than Al-Queda.
It's almost a win-win situation for George…. and the country.
Can he pull it off in a way that makes him look good in the eyes of distrustful Americans?
We will see.
Will it make-up for his lies and mistakes?
Not for me.
If you liked this article give it a Thumbs UP,
and see more articles by Kipper Mathews below.
Latest posts by Kipper Mathews (see all)
- 911 First Responders Deserve Respect - April 3, 2010
- SOLD! - January 22, 2010
- Trashing Obama - March 26, 2009
- Never Say Die. - January 7, 2009
- The 2008 Person of the Year Award goes to … Ron Paul - December 18, 2008
- Executive Orders and the New World Order - November 14, 2008
- Ron Paul Takes Third in Some States - November 5, 2008
- Close Call for Ron Paul - July 22, 2008
- Supreme Court Overhauls Guantanamo Rules - June 23, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem Part 2 / Chapter 2 - June 10, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Considering Independent Run in 2008. - June 5, 2008
- Scott McClellan believes in Santa Claus. - May 30, 2008
- Rep. Wexler Calls For Impeachments - May 28, 2008
- GOP ‘Blackballs’ Ron Paul Supporters…Again - May 28, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem Part 2 / Chapter 1 - May 25, 2008
- Ron Paul The Spoiler - May 25, 2008
- Anonymous Donor Revealed in Nevada GOP Bluff Call - May 23, 2008
- Anonymous Donor Offers Turn-key Convention to Nevada State GOP - May 21, 2008
- The Bush Cheney StratagemPart 2 – Connecting the Dots - May 18, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 4 - May 17, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 3 - May 13, 2008
- White House Releases Rebuttal to Marijuana Legalization - May 12, 2008
- GOP Rule Change Could Help Ron Paul in Utah - May 11, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 2 - May 11, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 1 - May 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Co-Sponsors Marijuana Legalization Bill - May 6, 2008
- Home,Home on the Range… - May 4, 2008
- OPEC Says That Oil May Reach $200 a Barrel. - April 30, 2008
- Dispite the Walk-Out - April 29, 2008
- Liars, Cheaters and Theives - April 26, 2008
- FBI Investigated About CIA Torture - April 24, 2008
- Tears of Sadness - April 22, 2008
- It's the End of the World, as We Know it. - April 22, 2008
- Lee Iacocca speaks out about America - April 20, 2008
- Law and Order ? - April 14, 2008
- Going, Going, Gone - March 26, 2008
- The Status-Quo Wins Again - March 23, 2008
- I Didn’t Do it….. George Did ! - March 21, 2008
- Fed Scrambles to Save Wall Street, Gold Hits $1032 - March 17, 2008
- The Billary,RupertConnection - March 16, 2008
- Gold Hits $1007.00 per ounce - March 16, 2008
- PrayerForPeace - March 13, 2008
- John McCain’s Mob Connections - March 11, 2008
- Important Message To All Ron Paul Supporters, Read This !! - March 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Goes A.W.O.L. - March 9, 2008
- John McCain’s Rise to Power (updated) - March 7, 2008
- John McCain Accused ofGenocide - March 6, 2008
- Democrats For Ron Paul - March 5, 2008
- One To Go !! - March 5, 2008
- Ron PaulWins !! - March 5, 2008
- One Person One Vote - March 4, 2008
- Global Warming & The Space We Live In - March 3, 2008
- Bush’s Little Secrets - March 2, 2008
- The McCain, Nader Connection - March 1, 2008
- Democrats Worried About Nader - March 1, 2008
- What’s wrong With This Picture?part2 - February 28, 2008
- What’s Wrong With This Picture? part 1 - February 27, 2008
- McCain Attemps to Pass the Buck - February 27, 2008
- John McCain Accused of Breaking the law - February 26, 2008
- Two Reasons Why Ron Paul Should Change Parties - February 25, 2008
- What’s More Important, Ron Paul or His Issues? - February 24, 2008
- GWB says ” Progress is Being Made in Iraq.” - February 23, 2008
- Gold Reaches an All Time High……Daily - February 21, 2008
- RP : “Lift the Cuban Embargo” - February 20, 2008
- When He Talks …People Listen….again - February 19, 2008
- IF WE DIDIT…..the yet to be written book. - February 17, 2008
- Senate Votes for Immunity - February 12, 2008
- Ron Paul Can Still Win If…….. - February 11, 2008
- Votes Indicate Most Americans Want Globalization - February 6, 2008
- Bush’s New Spending Plan, $ 3.1 Trillion Dollars, plus tax refund ? - February 4, 2008
- Red White and Blue…a Thing of the Past ? - February 3, 2008
- Support Our Troops! - January 31, 2008
- Hope For America - January 30, 2008
- Sorry Ron, but your not a member of the club. - January 30, 2008