“Sovereignty is the highest degree of political power, and the establishment of a form of government, the highest proof which can be given of its existence. The states could have not reserved any rights by articles of their union, if they had not been sovereign, because they could have no rights, unless they flowed from that source. In the creation of the federal government, the states exercised the highest act of sovereignty, and they may, if they please, repeat the proof of their sovereignty, by its annihilation. But the union possesses no innate sovereignty, like the states; it was not self-constituted; it is conventional, and of course subordinate to the sovereignties by which it was formed.” -John Taylor of Caroline.
~The attempt to unify the Executive and Judicial powers by this Administration as others also have in the past, and to basically nullify the powers of Congress, will ultimately subject the People to no permanent security in their Rights, their Liberty, or their Freedom. Once the Executive assumes the power to interpret the law, or circumvent the law to bend it to his will and intent, the Executive can, with impunity, gratify any design or rapacious desire upon the Nation and the People.
When Executive/Judicial unity evolves, government has the tendency to become absolute in its authority and thus, it extends such authoritarian rule to every aspect of the People's lives, regulating their Liberty as though it were a commodity granted by the government itself. It is only when the government is restricted and limited that it cannot control the unalienable Rights of Man, once such limitations and restrictions are side-stepped or lifted, government begins to engineer society to its own ends instead of toward the goals of Individual Liberty.
In the Founding of Our Republic, the Framers allowed for the maximum amount of power to be distributed between the three branches of government to allow for the greatest balance in discernment and wisdom to actual govern justly. It also balanced the power of the federal government with the more diverse powers of the State Republics. As we all know, when that balance is manipulated, the government tends to gravitate toward the ability to exert its power in a manner which is contrary to Constitutional Order which naturally lifts the limitations of government and imposes limitations upon the People instead.
When a government is constituted by such imbalance within its branches, it no longer affords the People their Liberty based upon equality, but begins to control the People based upon laws to which they have never given their consent. Government, within its ability and desire to legislate, begins to increasingly ignore the voice of the People. Such a government, as with respect to the Individual, becomes nothing more than a tyrannical state of codes, regulations, laws, acts, executive orders, and signing statements.
The People have become nothing more than objects of the government's legislation, mere possessions, without proper representation, we serve at the mercy of the government's will through their power to legislate, more and more, over the lives of the Individual. The government, and it's ever-invading legislation, can no longer trust the Individual with his own life, his property, his ability to care for his children, or to make decisions or contracts. The government and its desire to place some type of control over the Individual touch every aspect of the Individual's life, in one way or another. This cannot continue, nor should we allow such a government to feel as though it is free to decide what is best for the lives of the People, for the People's business is the government, but the government's business is not the People.
Until the Spirit of Liberty once again takes root in the hearts and minds of the People, the ability of the government to assume tyrannical authority over the People will be certain. We, as a Nation, have become prey to those who are, by nature, usurpers and tyrants because we have misplaced our sense of Liberty and what it means to be Free. Government, without the voice of the People and the Spirit of Liberty, will always be subject to those baneful effects brought on by incredible wealth and the lust for unrestricted power. Such a government becomes diseased, cankered, and suffers from internal decay and spoil.
It is evident that the slavery of a People is always found within the ignorance of their Right to Liberty. Without the prevailing Spirit of Liberty, the People become manipulated, subjecting themselves to every form of submission, even to the point that they may come to adore or worship their slave-master as a supreme leader over their lives, their property, and their futures. It has never been an uncommon thing for the People to lose sight of their Liberty while they are eager to pursue wealth, government will normally assist in such pursuits until it gains more control over the People, then it becomes easy to rob them of their Liberty, and ignore their call for Justice.
Tyranny, Totalitarianism, Authoritarianism, and Despotism crave nothing more than the wealth of the People and the ability to enforce its will upon the People. We may have lost the helm of government to those who lack wisdom, but as their weakness begin to manifest itself to the People, and as their law becomes a much heavier yoke upon the necks of the People, the People will once again gain the Spirit of Liberty, which always cries for Freedom.
Latest posts by Republicae (see all)
- Government Economic Intervention and Control - February 18, 2013
- The Fundamental Law of Sovereignty - February 1, 2013
- The Fallen Republic And It's Restoration. - January 30, 2013
- The Long Road From Fiat To Gold - September 12, 2010
- Fiat Money: Dual and Single Tier Systems - September 4, 2010
- The Interposition of the Several States - July 7, 2010
- The Federal Claim to Supremacy [or how Supreme is the Supreme Court?] - July 4, 2010
- Economics-Obama Style - June 16, 2010
- The Government's Claim To Sovereignty - June 15, 2010
- Lincoln’s War On The Republic of Republics - April 20, 2009
- The Keynesian Illusionary Continuum - February 12, 2009
- The Degenerative Nature of Keynesian Economics - February 1, 2009
- Capitalism and the Poverty Fiction - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism: Nemesis of The Welfare State - January 10, 2009
- Capitalism, A Bulwark of Freedom - January 9, 2009
- The Hyper-Inflationary Trigger - November 26, 2008
- The Gimme-Gimme Script of Political Pottage - November 3, 2008
- The Destructive Art of Inflation - October 31, 2008
- The Federal Reserve Never Worked! - October 26, 2008
- The United States Dollar Promises Nothing! - October 16, 2008
- The Worn Out Text-Book Economist and Central Planners - October 16, 2008
- Enemies - October 15, 2008
- Fiat Money-Inflationary/Deflationary - October 15, 2008
- Fabian Socialist=Criminals - October 15, 2008
- We Live Under Such Well-Crafted Illusions… - September 5, 2008
- “it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government” - August 23, 2008
- Uncle Sam's Frivolous Fiat Fiasco/America's Irreversible State of Collapse! - August 10, 2008
- A Fabian Socialist Dream Come True - August 4, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 1 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 2 - August 2, 2008
- The Official Administration of Liberty-Part 3 - August 2, 2008
- The Slow Creeping Vine of Economic Depression - July 19, 2008
- The Same Game for 50 Years! - June 17, 2008
- The Federal Breach Of Trust - May 3, 2008
- Sovereignty Is The Highest Degree Of Political Power - April 28, 2008
- Freedom Contingent Upon Compliance Is Not Freedom! - April 20, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part2 - April 16, 2008
- An Inconvenient History-War for Southern Independence-Part1 - April 16, 2008
- 9/11-Psychological Terror - April 12, 2008
- Statism: The Bankrupt Ideology - April 4, 2008
- Rights Retained by the People. - April 3, 2008
- The Bloodline of Tyranny - April 2, 2008
- The 17th Amendment and the Nationalized Senate - April 2, 2008
- Peace, The Enemy Of The State - December 8, 2007
- The Ultimate Guardian of The Constitution - December 8, 2007
- They Prefer Our Silence To Our Consent - December 8, 2007
- The Voluntary Act Of A Reflective Union Of States - December 8, 2007
- The State Desires Divisions - December 8, 2007
- The Ease Of Power - December 8, 2007
- The Dangers of Machiavellian Jingoism - December 8, 2007
- When Our Money Was Our Property - December 8, 2007
- Dangerous Consequences - December 8, 2007
- Lest We Foget - December 8, 2007
- Contingent Freedom - December 8, 2007