With all the discussion these days about global warming, we need to remember that our living space on this planet or the space in which people can exist in is a very thin layer around our very large planet. That space is only three miles up and three miles down. Three up and you run out of oxygen, three miles down and the heat is to high to sustain human life.
All of the pollution created by man over the last 100 years is some where in that 6 mile space.
In perspective, think about going three miles from your home and think of standing that distance on end. That is the air space we live in.
Now consider 100 million cars in all the large cities around the world polluting that space all day everyday. How much breathable air is left ?
Some of the discussions around global warming is the CO2 caused by the use of fossil fuels. While some believe that the world is better off because of the creation of CO2 as the worlds vegetation breathes it in and in turn breathes out oxygen. This is true except for the fact that we are and have for some time, been eliminating the earths vegetation at alarming rates for the wood products and to clear land in order to build cities.
There has also been a lot of discussion involving the use of alternative fuels to eliminate our dependency on oil and or fossil fuels. Scientists and automobile manufactures are making advances in many hybrid and electric vehicles and the production of electricity powered by wind and solar.
Scientists have also been studying converting of corn into ethanol.
Opponents to this technology, mostly backed by oil producing companies world wide have gone as far as to say that people all over the world will starve if we use our corn supplies for fuel.
The truth of the matter is that the majority of the corn grown in the United States is purchased by the US government in the form of farm subsidies. The government in the disguise of helping farmers to cope with lost crops from natural causes, forces farmers to grow corn at a rate that will build up a reserves of corn big enough to supply the world with corn in case of a catastrophic disaster or war, etc. However the world doesn't consume that much corn. So our Government forces the farmers to grow corn and then forces them to plow the corn back into the fields to keep the price of corn up. Just as they do with many other crops.
That is more or less what they do with oil too, except they leave it in the ground rather than put it back in.
There never has been and never will be a shortage of corn.
When it comes to deciding on what alternative fuels are cost effective and which will help move the United States away from it's dependency on foreign oil, eliminating our “need” to go to war over oil, we have to remember that big oil companies will try anything possible to manipulate Americans with propaganda and fear tactics rather than save the planet or give up their profits.
If you enjoyed reading this article please give it a thumbs up and leave a comment below.Tweet
Latest posts by Kipper Mathews (see all)
- 911 First Responders Deserve Respect - April 3, 2010
- SOLD! - January 22, 2010
- Trashing Obama - March 26, 2009
- Never Say Die. - January 7, 2009
- The 2008 Person of the Year Award goes to … Ron Paul - December 18, 2008
- Executive Orders and the New World Order - November 14, 2008
- Ron Paul Takes Third in Some States - November 5, 2008
- Close Call for Ron Paul - July 22, 2008
- Supreme Court Overhauls Guantanamo Rules - June 23, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem Part 2 / Chapter 2 - June 10, 2008
- Jesse Ventura Considering Independent Run in 2008. - June 5, 2008
- Scott McClellan believes in Santa Claus. - May 30, 2008
- Rep. Wexler Calls For Impeachments - May 28, 2008
- GOP ‘Blackballs’ Ron Paul Supporters…Again - May 28, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem Part 2 / Chapter 1 - May 25, 2008
- Ron Paul The Spoiler - May 25, 2008
- Anonymous Donor Revealed in Nevada GOP Bluff Call - May 23, 2008
- Anonymous Donor Offers Turn-key Convention to Nevada State GOP - May 21, 2008
- The Bush Cheney StratagemPart 2 – Connecting the Dots - May 18, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 4 - May 17, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 3 - May 13, 2008
- White House Releases Rebuttal to Marijuana Legalization - May 12, 2008
- GOP Rule Change Could Help Ron Paul in Utah - May 11, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 2 - May 11, 2008
- The Bush / Cheney Stratagem. Part 1 Chapter 1 - May 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Co-Sponsors Marijuana Legalization Bill - May 6, 2008
- Home,Home on the Range… - May 4, 2008
- OPEC Says That Oil May Reach $200 a Barrel. - April 30, 2008
- Dispite the Walk-Out - April 29, 2008
- Liars, Cheaters and Theives - April 26, 2008
- FBI Investigated About CIA Torture - April 24, 2008
- Tears of Sadness - April 22, 2008
- It's the End of the World, as We Know it. - April 22, 2008
- Lee Iacocca speaks out about America - April 20, 2008
- Law and Order ? - April 14, 2008
- Going, Going, Gone - March 26, 2008
- The Status-Quo Wins Again - March 23, 2008
- I Didn’t Do it….. George Did ! - March 21, 2008
- Fed Scrambles to Save Wall Street, Gold Hits $1032 - March 17, 2008
- The Billary,RupertConnection - March 16, 2008
- Gold Hits $1007.00 per ounce - March 16, 2008
- PrayerForPeace - March 13, 2008
- John McCain’s Mob Connections - March 11, 2008
- Important Message To All Ron Paul Supporters, Read This !! - March 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Goes A.W.O.L. - March 9, 2008
- John McCain’s Rise to Power (updated) - March 7, 2008
- John McCain Accused ofGenocide - March 6, 2008
- Democrats For Ron Paul - March 5, 2008
- One To Go !! - March 5, 2008
- Ron PaulWins !! - March 5, 2008
- One Person One Vote - March 4, 2008
- Global Warming & The Space We Live In - March 3, 2008
- Bush’s Little Secrets - March 2, 2008
- The McCain, Nader Connection - March 1, 2008
- Democrats Worried About Nader - March 1, 2008
- What’s wrong With This Picture?part2 - February 28, 2008
- What’s Wrong With This Picture? part 1 - February 27, 2008
- McCain Attemps to Pass the Buck - February 27, 2008
- John McCain Accused of Breaking the law - February 26, 2008
- Two Reasons Why Ron Paul Should Change Parties - February 25, 2008
- What’s More Important, Ron Paul or His Issues? - February 24, 2008
- GWB says ” Progress is Being Made in Iraq.” - February 23, 2008
- Gold Reaches an All Time High……Daily - February 21, 2008
- RP : “Lift the Cuban Embargo” - February 20, 2008
- When He Talks …People Listen….again - February 19, 2008
- IF WE DIDIT…..the yet to be written book. - February 17, 2008
- Senate Votes for Immunity - February 12, 2008
- Ron Paul Can Still Win If…….. - February 11, 2008
- Votes Indicate Most Americans Want Globalization - February 6, 2008
- Bush’s New Spending Plan, $ 3.1 Trillion Dollars, plus tax refund ? - February 4, 2008
- Red White and Blue…a Thing of the Past ? - February 3, 2008
- Support Our Troops! - January 31, 2008
- Hope For America - January 30, 2008
- Sorry Ron, but your not a member of the club. - January 30, 2008