The latest testimonial on Ron Paul's true social and political sensibilities is perhaps the most authoritative one, and is based on irrefutable empirical evidence.
I reproduce below, in its entirety, the story as published by the original source.
NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist
Linder says Paul being smeared because he is a threat to the establishment
Paul Joseph Watson
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment.
Linder joined Alex Jones for two segments on his KLBJ Sunday show this evening, during which he commented on the controversy created by media hit pieces that attempted to tarnish Paul as a racist by making him culpable for decades old newsletter articles written by other people.
“Knowing Ron Paul's intent, I think he is trying to improve this country but I think also, when you talk about the Constitution and you constantly criticize the federal government versus state I think a lot of folks are going to misconstrue that….so I think it's very easy for folks who want to to take his position out of context and that's what I'm hearing,” said Linder.
“Knowing Ron Paul and having talked to him, I think he's a very fair guy I just think that a lot of folks do not understand the Libertarian platform,” he added.
Asked directly if Ron Paul was a racist, Linder responded “No I don't,” adding that he had heard Ron Paul speak out about police repression of black communities and mandatory minimum sentences on many occasions.
Dr. Paul has also publicly praised Martin Luther King as his hero on many occasions spanning back 20 years.
“I've read Ron Paul's whole philosophy, I also understand what he's saying from a political standpoint and why people are attacking him,” said Linder.
“If you scare the folks that have the money, they're going to attack you and they're going to take it out of context,” he added.
“What he's saying is really really threatening the powers that be and that's what they fear,” concluded the NAACP President.
Click here to listen to the MP3 interview.
“If Ron Paul Hates Blacks and Jews, Count Me In Too.” by John ArmstrongTweet
Latest posts by Dan Alba (see all)
- Arrogant Press plays dumb on Afghan blowback - July 17, 2010
- The Shahram Amiri News Cycle - July 15, 2010
- The French Veil-Ban, Forced Equality, and Pollsters - July 12, 2010
- With news like this, who needs PR? - July 11, 2010
- Arizona Immigration Law and the Ahistorical Press - July 8, 2010
- Michael Steele's 'Gaffe' and What is is - July 6, 2010
- Q: What's worse than state-controlled news? - July 4, 2010
- AP Editorial: America founded on trust of govt. - June 8, 2010
- How the Press is not Free - March 3, 2010
- The AP’s Dubious Claims Against Iran and Syria - February 28, 2010
- US-NATO Aggression to ‘Win Hearts and Minds’ - February 14, 2010
- State-Controlled Media versus Debra Medina et al. - February 13, 2010
- Just Another Imperial Brick - February 5, 2010
- AP Conceals US Govt. Role in Haiti-Relief Plight - January 29, 2010
- Define: ‘Missing the Mark’ - December 29, 2009
- News Media and the State - December 29, 2009
- Why MSM Are Tanking: Two Examples - December 18, 2009
- AP: Tobacco-tax plunder is a good idea - March 31, 2009
- Ahistorical Parodists - March 12, 2009
- The Obama ‘Stimulus’ and the ‘Do Nothing’ Hoover - February 13, 2009
- AP: Maybe Israel is targeting women, children and mosques; but … - January 4, 2009
- Famous Last Contributions of an AP Editor - December 30, 2008
- Aristocratic Putsch - December 21, 2008
- MSM: ‘Hooray! Obama to be noble tyrant, like past Dear Leaders!’ - November 12, 2008
- Advocating Piracy - October 27, 2008
- AP on Iraq: News Reports or Editorials? - September 25, 2008
- Corporate News Media ‘Cover’ Police-Statism at the RNC - September 2, 2008
- ‘Russia v. Georgia’ and the Media Spin Machine - August 12, 2008
- Another Huge Reason Why Corporate Media Are Criminally Complicit - August 9, 2008
- UPI has officially reserved a spot in The Dock - August 9, 2008
- Think Tanks to Holding Tanks, Board Rooms to Gallows: Part 3 - July 28, 2008
- This Week in Apocalyptic Propaganda - June 3, 2008
- When Corporate Media Were Imperial Shills, or: Now and Always - April 23, 2008
- This Week in Apartheid Propaganda - April 20, 2008
- Petraeus’ Self-Demotion - April 11, 2008
- Video: ‘The High Tide’ - March 18, 2008
- Associated Propaganda - March 12, 2008
- Fig Leaves and Fuhrers - March 4, 2008
- The Irony of ‘Appeasement’ - February 23, 2008
- Another Defense of Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- John McCain: Enemy of Liberty (and its crew) - January 20, 2008
- ‘NAACP President: Ron Paul Is Not A Racist’ - January 13, 2008
- Ron Paul vs. FOX Debate Fraud - January 13, 2008
- Conjecture, Fallacy, Ignorance, and the Internet - January 4, 2008
- Ron Paul Fraud-Smashing, Made Easy - December 21, 2007
- Should Warmongering Corporate Media Be ‘Wiped Off the Map’? - December 6, 2007
- John McCain Is Terrified of Ron Paul - November 29, 2007
- Ron Paul vs. Flat Earthers (Again) - November 21, 2007
- Someone Like Ron Paul - November 13, 2007
- The Truman Show Campaign (Another Commentary on Media ‘Coverage’ of Ron Paul) - November 9, 2007