When I first learned about a group of Native Americans up North, who were with drawing from treaties with the US, I was instantly curious. My curiosity, out-weighed my fear of being labeled a rebel, and I begin talking to people in the movement.
I imagined, I would be reporting on how this was going to be another Pine Ridge Takeover, and how the Government would use their actions to take away more of our freedom.
I was wrong!
I have spent some time digging, and have found an unilateral movement, by the Lakotah Republic for a peaceful solution.
They state and re-state their peaceful, law-full, intentions again and again. This cry for peace is found at all levels of the movement. From the original Lakotah Freedom Delegation, to the most casual supporter in some far away country.
This message of Peace has resounded throughout the world and is being answered at a phenomenal rate.
They seem to have a new message for us all. Instead of the tried and true, “Let Freedom Rein”, the Lakotah are trying a new approach.
“Let Peace and Freedom Rein!”
As it says on their website, so I have found to be true among their people.
“Haumikole! Mitaku Oyasin! “Hello my friend! We are all related!Tweet
Latest posts by Hickory Hendrickson (see all)
- Blimp Part II and The Delegate Revolt - May 14, 2008
- The Untold Story of The Ron Paul Blimp 1-1/2 - April 13, 2008
- The Untold Story of the Ron Paul Blimp – Part I - April 2, 2008
- Censorship Update - February 26, 2008
- Censorship in College Newspaper - February 22, 2008
- We Do Not Walk Alone - February 19, 2008
- Ron Paul Blimp “Loophole” Inventor Joins Republic of Lakotah - February 14, 2008
- AIM Trimbach and the FBI - February 6, 2008
- 1973 Siege at Wounded Knee: The Battle America Forgot - February 5, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah answers tough questions - January 30, 2008
- The Lakotah Republic is a “Big Idea” - January 25, 2008
- How can Russell Means steal his own web-site? - January 22, 2008
- A Short History of the Lakota Freedom Movement - January 20, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah Expects Real Estate Boom - January 16, 2008
- Black Hills Key Issue For Republic of Lakotah - January 15, 2008
- Emergency In Republic of Lakotah - January 14, 2008
- The Republic of Lakotah is Legit - January 13, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah Wants Peaceful Solutions - January 12, 2008
- Refugees Seek Political Asylum In Lakotah Republic - January 11, 2008
- Wake Up The World - January 8, 2008