The announcement by the Lakotah Freedom Delegation, Dec. 17, was greeted with an instant curiosity by the national, and International community.
As much buzz as the first announcement made, it is possible the newest might cause even more! This announcement by Russell Means, longtime AIM activist involved in the 1973 Pine Ridge Standoff, and member of the Lakotah Freedom Delegation is brand new, so don't be shocked if you haven't heard about it on Faux News.
“The Republic of Lakotah is working to be able to
accept those seeking asylum here and expects to be able to do so
shortly.” Means said.
According to United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of
Refugees, a refugee is:
“a person who, owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for
reasons of … political opinion, is outside the country of their
nationality, and is unable to or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to
avail him/herself of the protection of that country.”
Those writing for Libertarian publications, may find this definition usefully if things don't go to well for Ron Paul.
“The refugees from the United States seeking asylum in the Republic of Lakotah believe in freedom,” Means said, “but the United States, once a country well known for freedom, now fails to provide protections for people wanting to live free. Consequently, many of its people are seeking asylum in the Republic of Lakotah”
This statement seems to be true. The Lakotah Republic forum has a topic entitled, “can Ron Paul supporters immigrate to the Republic.”
The US Government seems to be taking this pretty serious to. They are already, attacking the Republic in the bogus, corporate press!
Means finishes his statement with some hopeful words.
“It is interesting to note” Means said, ” that, prior to the Republic of Lakotahre asserting its sovereignty, the general area of the Republic of Lakotah, which has recently been governed by the United States and five of its states, has, for many years, suffered from what has been called a brain drain, in which many of the brightest people have been moving elsewhere.”Within three weeks of re-asserting its sovereignty, the brain drain is reversing itself; bright people are flocking to the Republic of Lakotah. It appears as though bright people like freedom.”
The Republic's web address is:
Latest posts by Hickory Hendrickson (see all)
- Blimp Part II and The Delegate Revolt - May 14, 2008
- The Untold Story of The Ron Paul Blimp 1-1/2 - April 13, 2008
- The Untold Story of the Ron Paul Blimp – Part I - April 2, 2008
- Censorship Update - February 26, 2008
- Censorship in College Newspaper - February 22, 2008
- We Do Not Walk Alone - February 19, 2008
- Ron Paul Blimp “Loophole” Inventor Joins Republic of Lakotah - February 14, 2008
- AIM Trimbach and the FBI - February 6, 2008
- 1973 Siege at Wounded Knee: The Battle America Forgot - February 5, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah answers tough questions - January 30, 2008
- The Lakotah Republic is a “Big Idea” - January 25, 2008
- How can Russell Means steal his own web-site? - January 22, 2008
- A Short History of the Lakota Freedom Movement - January 20, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah Expects Real Estate Boom - January 16, 2008
- Black Hills Key Issue For Republic of Lakotah - January 15, 2008
- Emergency In Republic of Lakotah - January 14, 2008
- The Republic of Lakotah is Legit - January 13, 2008
- Republic of Lakotah Wants Peaceful Solutions - January 12, 2008
- Refugees Seek Political Asylum In Lakotah Republic - January 11, 2008
- Wake Up The World - January 8, 2008