I closed Part One openly questioning Donald Trump’s sincerity in what he promised his base. There are people who have actively done business with him, as Contractors, as Investors, as Customers whom would be much more severe than I when it comes to questioning Donald Trump’s sincerity. If he should find himself in the Oval Office, he is going to find that there are many power players in D.C. who don’t necessarily bow down to Congress or the Executive Branch. He’s going to find those in the Executive Branch who are not impressed by his bravado and whom he can’t remove without consequences and repercussions.
There are constants when it comes to ruling, there are certain concepts as old as History that are still at work. One of those has to do with the disposability of supporters once you are elected. If Donald Trump is sworn into office, all of these people who are mad as hell at business as usual in Washington DC and wearing red “Make America Great Again” hats are going to discover that HE DOESN’T NEED THEM ONCE HE ASSUMES POWER!!!
They will be as redundant and inconvenient as a group of investors who had bought into a bond issue for Trump Casinos. They will be as useless as a contractor who has done work specified by one of Trump’s businesses and been stiffed on the payment. They will feel as forlorn and cheated as someone who bought expensive sessions at Trump “University” only to find the equivalent of a Community College Real Estate Course instead of one on one counseling on how to get rich.
Being ignored after doing all sorts of hard work in an election is something Progressives are all too familiar with.
Among these constants are:
- Some supporters who are no longer needed are eliminated in one form or another after EVERY transition of power.
- Some elements of the despised old order are always kept around after every transition of power.
Keeping this in mind, the hardcore Trump “Deplorables” will probably be very shocked when they are shuffled aside and ignored after the Donald gets in.
However, this same constant means that a Clinton administration desperately in need of allies can look to steal Sander’s agenda. Especially if the Senate switches back to the Democrats. If that happens, Bernie Sanders becomes chair of the Senate Budget Committee!
I will take a President so in need of allies that a powerful Progressive legislator can install his agenda. I’ll take that over another failed Cult of Personality any day.
For those with short term memory problems, in 2008 we elected a man whose Cult of Personality appealed to our sense of Change, and Unity and Hope. Proving my point about power and how passionate followers are no longer needed after a transition, that same man is advocating for now of the most harmful Trade Deals ever, ensured a growing supply of terrorists for the next generation with Drone Strikes that kill civilians and was willing to compromise Social Security with the Simpson Bowles farce.
Cults of Personality don’t sometimes disappoint. They always disappoint!
And if Sanders had gotten into the White House, he would disappoint as well.
It would be hard for Hillary to disappoint, as it was disappointing that the Clintons were returning to politics to begin with.
But as someone who is under constant attacks from Right Wing Propaganda, she will be in desperate need of allies. I would rather have a Senator Sanders as an ally than as another disappointing Cult of Personality. This could work out very well for Progressives.
However, there is a very childish element, the Never Hillary crowd, that just can not let go of the Sanders Personality Cult from the primaries despite Sanders himself supporting Clinton.
Despite achieving the most progressive Platform in history, they are willing to flush away doing something about Climate Change, 12 weeks maternity leave, college affordablity, path to citizenship for minorities, much more fiscal responsibility that Trump (per Moody’s Analytics), LGBT civil right protection, campaign finance reform, fixing our infastructure, and the possibility of another Berger Court or Warren Court. They didn’t get their way 100%, so they are going to take their toys and go home and cry.
They are perfectly happy to repeat what happened in 2000 with Trump. Only this we may not recover in 8 years.
An unstable, xenophobic, racist con man with a fragile ego is very close to having access to the nuclear codes!
Rationalizing something as serious as that is the kind of faulty reasoning that makes it is so easy to disregard Progressives once Liberals get into power. If you can’t compromise to act in your own rational self interest, what good are you to anyone? If you side with a man who wants to weaken our allies or (even worse) will vote for a man who can be quoted as saying “We have have nuclear weapons, why not use them?” because the woman voted for the Iraq War, then you are a naive fool.
It is not a wonder why no one takes you seriously!Tweet
Latest posts by Russell G. Davis (see all)
- A Well Deserved Slap in the Face for the Far Right and the Far Left; Part Two-Slapping the Far Left - November 2, 2016
- A Well Deserved Slap in the Face for both the Far Left and the Far Right Part One: Slapping the Far Right - November 2, 2016
- On the Nevada 2016 Democratic Convention and the Ghost of Teddy Kennedy - May 18, 2016
- Well, Mr Santelli…, Are YOU Listening? - December 14, 2013
- Don't Drink the Social Security cut Kool-Aid - May 8, 2013
- Two Great Economists-One Tragic Modern Impasse - March 28, 2013
- An Excellent Republican Reinvention Idea - November 27, 2012
- Republicans have only themselves to blame for these election results - November 7, 2012
- The General Election's Resemblance to Football Season Part 2 - September 13, 2012
- The Week of June 17-23rd, 2012 in Ignored Financial News - June 24, 2012
- Anti Intellectualism is Stupid and Dangerous - April 17, 2012
- Some Shakespeare for Mr. Breitbart - March 2, 2012
- Obstructionist Right Wing brown-nosing does NOT create jobs! - January 7, 2012
- It is not about OWS, it is about Financial Tyranny Part 3 - November 7, 2011
- It is not about OWS, it is about Financial Tyranny! Part 2 - November 7, 2011
- Its not about OWS, its about Financial Tyranny! Part 1 - November 7, 2011
- An Apology from the RNC to the American people!(parody) - October 12, 2011
- An Apology from the DNC to the American People(parody) - October 12, 2011
- Why you shouldn't consider a President Perry if you really care about small government! - August 28, 2011
- Where are we on the Deficit Financial Football Field? - May 20, 2011
- In Defense of Nellie Oleson - April 18, 2011
- The Real Legacy of Ronald Reagan Part 2 - April 18, 2011
- The Real Legacy of Ronald Reagan Part 1 - April 18, 2011
- Yellow Journalism, yellowcake, and yellow-bellied cowards. - March 23, 2011
- Scott Adams' Noprivacyville, Anarcho Capitalism's Utopian Dream or Blueprint for Hell on Earth? - March 20, 2011
- What if they threw an Election Year smear campaign and nobody watched? - March 6, 2011
- Until Boehner and Cantor will cut the F-35, everything they utter is manipulative drivel! - February 15, 2011
- Orwellian Doublethink Part 1: Sarah Palin - January 7, 2011
- Orwellian Doublethink Part 3-@$$&#%#! Economics - January 7, 2011
- Orwellian Doublethink Part 2-Our Bloodthirsty Leadership’s Response to Wikileaks - January 7, 2011
- The Great Economist Quote Quiz - November 22, 2010
- Sorry, Mr. Paul. It's not the Death of Keynesism, it's the old Bait and Switch! - October 13, 2010
- South Park, the Nevada Senate Race, and the Political Cycle of Death!! - August 10, 2010
- IS THERE ANY WAY OF SPREADING BONEITUS TO OTHERS ON WALL STREET? - June 24, 2010
- JACK JOHNSON OR JOHN JACKSON-THE CHOICE IS OURS! - June 22, 2010
- MILDLY INCONVENIENCING ZAPP BRANNIGAN - June 19, 2010
- All Revolutions are Doomed…Especially the one currently in fashion! - April 10, 2010
- We should implement Asimov’s 3 laws to protect us from our inhuman creations-not robots but corporations. - March 11, 2010
- If Obama is a Socialist then the Pope is a Muslim! - March 3, 2010
- Wrapped Up Just In Time for Xmas,…The ’09 Health Care Train Wreck! - December 24, 2009
- What the Twilight Zone and the Evolution of Rock reveal about our stagnant society - December 5, 2009
- Elections do nothing to fumigate D.C. and rid us of our unelected pests. - November 19, 2009
- An Open Response to Congressman Dean Heller’s letter…for what it’s worth - November 6, 2009
- An Ideology Responsible for the Katrina Debacle Deserves No Second Chances! - September 7, 2009
- Alas, my favorite Anti-Theist supported a U.S. Holy War and potential descent into a Fascist Theocracy - August 28, 2009
- We’re feeling the effect of treating mass Libel and Slander as protected Free Speech right at this moment. - August 11, 2009
- Of The Coachman and Democratic Donkeys - July 27, 2009