Our government wants to pick winners and losers; they try to make big business look bad; the government thinks if they controll all aspects of our lives, over regulate us to death; grow larger, than our economy will grow, I think not! I am tired of the Federal Government as well as state, local and municipalities over regulating us with ridiculous regulations we are Americans lets stand Up for our freedoms! How about it America?
Too many intrusive laws that cut into our freedoms these must stop and we must make them stop. Government is suppose to serve and protect, not tax, over regulate, limit liberties take away freedoms. I do not desire a fundamental transformation of America, What do you say America do you want a country you no longer recognize? Ask yourself and then stand strong in your beliefs!
Agriculture, Communication, Energy, Education; you name it the government has their hands in it take the Oil companies that are treated unfairly why isnt every company treated the same there cannot be winners and losers that is not how a republic works. For our very way of life is at stake, our freedoms, and liberties, if we allow as the governed to let whom we elect turn our country into something un-American.
I will touch upon a little of everything for I would need to write a novel to list all the egregious things coming out of Washington. One example is The Federal Reserve devaluing our dollar contributing to an economic collapse and a deep depression is on the way. Our government has its proverbial hand in the cookie jar and I want it out not only on the federal level but state level as well!
There should be no subsidies for anyone, farmers, oil or any industry, this climate creates an environment for corruption and we see the government picking winners and losers and that is un-American. Over regulation kills jobs, makes our nation less secure for we depend on other nations when we should be self reliant. Lets curb foreign aid until this nation is strong and out of debt. The wrongs we must tackle are going to be massive but lets take them one at a time and make America great once again
Our government needs to get back to its original intent and that is to serve and protect. And once again I shall shout it is up to us to make it happen!! Reduce over burdensome regulation; that frankly do more harm than good; let me illustrate the most egregious regulations so far in 2010 and 2011 we find more and more regulations
1. There hardly could be a more inapt title for the Obamacare legislation than the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Neither protection nor is it affordable describes the federal government forcing Americans to buy specific types of health care coverage from particular types of insurers is un-American. For sheer constitutional insult, the individual mandate ranks among 2010s worst regulations.
2. The DoddFrank financial regulation will ultimately encompass some 243 new formal rule-makings by 11 different federal agencies. Most every sector of finance will be hit by rules that will inhibit product innovation and availability of credit. Creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to regulate all manner of financial products and services including mortgages, credit cards, even student loans constitutes regulatory overload of the highest order. For its vaguely defined powers and sweeping mandate, the bureau belongs among the years 10 worst regulatory exploits
3. The regulatory output of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the past 12 months could easily fill all 10 slots on this list, if not more. Several of the agencys costly and unwarranted regulations in 2010, including new emissions standards for vehicles, stem from a finding by EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson that carbon dioxide constitutes a threat to human health and the environment. For its total disregard of science, the EPAs carbon emissions strictures rank among the worst regulations of 2010.
4. In defiance of both Congress and a federal appeals court, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has issued an order for regulating how Internet service providers can manage transmissions over their networks. Although regulatory details have been scarce, the FCC has violated the principle of a free and open Internet. For its jaw-dropping interventionist chutzpah, as noted by FCC commissioner Robert McDowell, the net neutrality regulation ranks among 2010s worst.
5. Every house in Americahas been touched by the heavy hand of government. During the past three decades, Congress has imposed a multitude of energy standards for a host of appliances, including ceiling fans, air conditioners, heat pumps, clothes washers and dryers, stoves and ovens, refrigerators, dishwashers, dehumidifiers, furnaces, light bulbs, and water heatersto name a few. No longer do consumers exercise the freedom to balance appliance performance against cost. In many cases, the efficiency standards increase the price of appliances by more than consumers will recoup from energy savings. For robbing Americans of choice and raising appliance costs,Washingtons energy decrees deserve a spot among the top 10 worst of 2010.
6. As if controlling the airwaves isnt work enough, Congress has directed the FCC to prepare rules requiring schools that receive federal funding for Internet equipment and service to educate students on cyber-bullying prevention. For attempting to micromanage the nations manners, the bullying rules make the 2010 list of worst regulation. I am thinking we need to put a stop to all regulation and then use common sense to those we keep.
7. Employing a particularly annoying acronym, Congress adopted volume limits on television commercials with passage of the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act. For nanny knows best, the volume restrictions rank among the worst regulations of 2010.
8. The incidence rate of food-borne illness has been declining for a decade and is dramatically lower than previously estimated. Yet Congress vastly expanded the powers of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to regulate every aspect of food production, from farm to table. Spanning some150 pages, the act authorizes the FDA to dictate how farmers grow fruits and vegetables, including rules governing soil, water, hygiene, packing, temperatures, and even what animals may roam which fields and when. For imposing costs that bear no relation to benefit, the new food regulations earn a spot among 2010s worst.
9. Municipalities and states across the country could face tens of millions of dollars in unanticipated costs to bring traffic signs into compliance with the new edition of the federal Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices. According to the new regulations, The lettering for names of streets and highways on Street Name signs shall be composed of a combination of lower-case letters with initial upper-case letters. Moreover, the upper-case letters must be at least six inches in height, while lower-case letters must be 4.5 inches tall. Streets with speed limits of 40 mph and over need sizes of eight inches and six inches for upper- and lower-case letters, respectively. Signs for local roads with speed limits under 25 mph only need letters half as tall as the high-speed roads. For indiscriminate waste of tax dollars, the new signage requirements make the list.
10. We reserve spot number 10 for all the localities that have banned or otherwise restricted fast-food restaurants. Not only have these ordinances driven away jobs and consumer choice, but they have made McDonalds and the like easy targets for the more litigious among us. For example, Monet Parham, an employee of the California Department of Public Health, has lent her nameand that of her daughter Maya, age 6to a preposterous class-action lawsuit alleging that McDonalds is unfair to parents. The lure of a Happy Meal toy, Parham claims, so provokes Mayas pester power that familial conflict ensues. Government is hastening the erosion of personal responsibility, these restrictions on legitimate and beneficial economic activity round out the list of 2010s worst regulations.
In 1936, the number of pages in the Federal Register was about 2,600. Today, the Federal Register is over 80,000 pages long. That is just one example of how bad things have gotten.
But it is not just the federal government that is ramming thousands of ridiculous regulations down our throats. The truth is that in many cases state and local governments are far worse.
We have become a nation that is run and dominated by bureaucrats. Yes, there always must be rules in a society, but we have gotten to the point where there are so many millions of rules that the game has become unplayable. States the Economic Collapse.
1. 2010- 2011 the regulations just keep on coming Wake up America your Administration is up to no good as well as the agencies that seek to make Congress irrelevant. Lets explore a few of these latest regulations that just ay make you think twice. Hey no salt in restaurants in New York hey thats good for you right? Wrong another freedom snatched away!! Whats next and when will it stop never if we dont stop it!
2. TSA Airport pat downs and screening in the guise of our security, when we give up a measure of our freedoms for security then we deserve neither this is indeed a nudge in the wrong direction for our country.
3. The EPA states it is prohibited from considering costs when issuing air quality regulations.this is nonsense; its your moneyAmerica!! Please view this informative video, and a delightful; make you smile video, too! But remember this really is a serious issue and one we the people need to address for only the American people can right all of these wrongs placed against us these past 80 years our children deserve better!! Please and thank you.
4. The state of Louisianasays that monks must be fully licensed as funeral directors and actually convert their monasteries into licensed funeral homes before they will be allowed to sell their handmade wooden caskets.
5. The city of Philadelphianow requires all bloggers to purchase a $300 business privilege license. The city even went after one poor woman who had earned only $11 from her blog over the past two years.
6. In the state of Massachusetts, all children in daycare centers are mandated by state law to brush their teeth after lunch. In fact, the state even provides the fluoride toothpaste for the children.
7. If you attempt to give a tour of our nation’s capital without a license, you could be put in prison for 90 days.
8. Federal agents recently raided an Amish farm at 5 A.M. in the morning because they were selling “unauthorized” raw milk.
9. In Lake Elmo, Minnesotafarmers can be fined $1,000 and put in jail for 90 days for selling pumpkins or Christmas trees that are grown outside city limits.
10. A U.S.District Court judge slapped a $500 dollar fine on Massachusetts fisherman Robert J. Eldridge for untangling a giant whale from his nets and setting it free. So what was his crime? Well, according to the court, Eldridge was supposed to call state authorities and wait for them to do it.
11. In the state of Texas, it doesn’t matter how much formal interior design education you have – only individuals with government licenses may refer to themselves as “interior designers” or use the term “interior design” to describe their work.
12. Deeply hidden in the 2,409-page health reform bill passed by Congress was a new regulation that will require U.S.businesses to file millions more 1099s each year. In fact, it is estimated that the average small business will now have to file 200 additional 1099s every single year.Talk about a nightmare of red tape! But don’t try to avoid this rule – it is being reported that the IRS has hired approximately2,000 new auditors to audit as many of these 1099s as possible.
13. The city of Milwaukee, Wisconsinmakes it incredibly difficult to go out of business. In order to close down a business, Milwaukee requires you to purchase an expensive license, you must submit a huge pile of paperwork to the city regarding the inventory you wish to sell off, and you must pay a fee based on the length of your “going out of business sale” plus a two dollar charge for every $1,000 worth of inventory that you are attempting to sell off.
14. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is projecting that the food service industry will have to spend an additional 14 million hours every single year just to comply with new federal regulations that mandate that all vending machine operators and chain restaurants must label all products that they sell with a calorie count in a location visible to the consumer.
Let us get rid of all these regulations that in the guise of being good for the people limit or destroy our liberties and freedoms; I want my freedoms I dont want Americans lives regulated. We need to address every venue of government from taxation corporate private and public, regulations, lets look at subsidies, the department of education, the IRS lets abolish this agency and use a fair tax, lets do away with any agency that seeks to regulate us to death. Or that choose to spend us into oblivion.
Dont treat any industry different, lets keep an equal playing field the market will determine the winners and the losers not the government for it is not their jobperiod! Government does not create jobs, the private sector and small business owners create jobs. I for one do not buy into the dumb downed idea that a job was saved or created by government another illustration that their words just dont add up!
You want America to thrive then reduce corporate taxes and get rid of all capital gains tax so our business can employee once again with confidence that is the quickest way to increase revenue, liberal progressives are all about greed and control not the good of the American people and the sooner we learn for ourselves what the hell is going on with our government the sooner we can correct who stays in office who is removed, term limits enacted and we take back our country with peace, and the stroke of our pen , a vote with confidence who will do the will of the people.
Our current survival depends on energy our energy to become self reliant. Prices in everything have gone up and are increasing in cost everyday due to bad policy. With drilling held up, by EPAs over reaching power, no new leases undeveloped leases are contributed to this down turned economy. Where are the new permits on leases we have to keep active, we have enough oil to be energy independent, why is our government hindering our production in the guise of clean energy climate, please I am not buying into your carbon green lifeand I never will. Its people first and foremost
Capitalism is an economic system where the government does not own the industry but is in fact owned by private individuals, in business and property that they choose. In other words it is the private ownership of capital!
I love capitalism for individuals choose to take the risk hoping to achieve, knowing full well they can fail.
Socialism is an economy where the centralized government controls and plans the economy; which demands the people produce and distribute goods as the government sees fit by social organization.
Socialism has failed around the world time and time again; as it always has and would fail here as well. Look at our economy today as our governments progressive liberals on all party affiliation use this as the guise it is for the good of the people.
The oil companies grilled on C-Span 3 on May 27th 2011 make one realize the need to for term limits enacted this year. When you see our elected officials spouting the evils of profit you know they are completely out of touch with reality or never have managed a business, so why do we keep electing people with no business experience? I use to be a democrat; now Libertarian; I am disgusted by the ranting of the senate accusing the oil companies of making record profit, only people that desire a social order views capitalism and profits as evil.
The American dream, is for allfor if you work hard and are productive and desire to have a business take the risk and know you can fail; but you put your best foot forward you can achieve the American Dream, along with making of profits and everyone has the chance if they have the incentive within themselves to achieve the dream; it is out there if you are willing to go for it!. I think most Americans agree with this premise.
I dont care how much profit any business makes it is their profit not mine and I dont want any of it, no share the wealth here; businesses employee thousands of people and are the backbone of this great country. They have expenses like any business, and they reinvest a good portion of their profits to continue their businesses and it sure as hell is no ones business how much they make. Or how they spend it, the oil companies only make a small profit, its theirs to do with as they see fit, thats called freedom in this country! The market determines the winners and losers by supply and demand.
My family lives pay check to paycheck and I live richer and finer than most of the world, not because I am a bad greedy American but because my family had enough sense to get out of the socialized countries while they had the chance; where they lived much poorer than we do today . And then today progressive liberalism is running amuck; they want an utopian society that will never exist and blame big business for all their corrupt practices.
I believe our government should be held accountable for the mess we are in today, I will state it again for it needs to be said often>>>>Term limits>>>> should be talked about NOW TODAY and lets lower the pensions they receive in government for I hate to pay anyone a salary or a pension that did unsatisfactory work and especially paying any individual that has had a hand in running this country to ruin, but I shall be kind and gift you the amount the military families exists on so we will in no way make you feel like you didnt get your fair share.
Congress should at least get paid the same as our military for if it is good enough for our soldiers it should be good enough for you. After all they put their lives on the line each and everyday for their country and a meager salary. If they are willing to die for our country then any elected governmental positions should be paid no more than our military. It is really up to you America what we let anyone in the government get away with and frankly I am sick of Washington and the corrupt entity I have to live with; lets put their feet to the fire and hold them ALL accountable, they are not above the lawall men are equal under the lawlets make it so!
I hate to say it but our own administration is anti-American, they seek to over regulate Americans to fundamental transform our nation, they want to decide what we do, what we think, decide what we eat and what we buy or they decide what we deserve to own or have we should live, control the temperatures in our home regulate our use of electricity and how we act well thanks but no thanks and thats not American.
This administration has over stepped its bounds for the last time; we are awake and we will make the corrections for our next generations lives depend on us! I am an American and if you trample on me you trample on my freedoms, my liberties that come from God not man, for what God gives cannot be taken away, what government or man gives that can take away on a whim, so as I said before thanks but no thanks. I hope every American citizen finally states enough is enough.
A few quotes that make perfect sense please enjoy!
The way to crush the middle class is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation. (Vladimir Lenin)
“Socialism is like a dream. Sooner or later you wake up to reality.” (Churchill, Winston)
“In a higher phase of communist society… only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be fully left behind and society inscribe on its banners: from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.” (Marx, Karl)
“What is a Communist? One who has yearnings for equal division of unequal earnings?” (Elliot, Ebenezer)
“Socialists think profits are a vice; I consider losses the real vice.” (Churchill, Winston)
“Communism has never come to power in a country that was not disrupted by war or corruption, or both.” (Kennedy, John F.)
“Communism is the opiate of the intellectuals with no cure except as a guillotine might be called a cure for dandruff.” (Luce, Clare Boothe)
“The theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: Abolition of private property. (Marx, Karl)
In closing let me say that every American will be nudged and prodded until they do what they are told… unless “We the People” stop the insanity its really up to YOU!
[link edited for length]Tweet