If the various States across this nation lose the battle over HCR, it's time to kiss the Fifty States goodbye. Goodbye United States. Hello State of America.
ICC. Interstate Commerce Clause. It's a totalitarian politician's dream clause: absolute power over anything and everything.
Also, it's the single creation that will destroy a nation.
Am I being too dramatic? I cannot be dramatic enough. This clause has done by itself what nations of armies have not been able to do. Destroy the concept that was the United States of America.
And with the Interstate Commerce Clause, the Federal Government is empowered to do absolutely anything they desire. Anything. Because if it affects commerce in any way, it's their domain. If you buy something, it's commerce and the Feds can control it. If you choose NOT to buy something, it affects commerce and the Feds can control it. And now, the Feds can force you to engage in commerce.
All it takes, as we have seen is a simple majority in the House and Senate and a willing President to agree, and we can exercise absolute power over all the people.
With this power, the Feds believe that they will make State governments moot. And if they are allowed to have this power, they are right. There will be absolutely nothing the States can do about it if the Feds take action under the ICC.
The ICC can be applied to each and every one of the amendments in the Bill of Rights.
1st Amendment: Free speech can be curtailed because what is said is affecting whether or not people feel confident spending money.
2nd Amendment: The right of people to bear arms in a public place may affect the sales of products in that public place.
3rd Amendment: They could place soldiers in hotels and apartments, reducing available rooms, and therefore increasing the rates of rooms left available.
I could go on. I do not need to. Under the Interstate Commerce Clause, anything and everything is possible.
Which leads me to the question of what States are for? If there is absolutely nothing the States can do, why have them? One can argue that there is a great deal of variability between States today. True.
But it's not because of their Sovereign rights. It's because the Federal Government has just chosen NOT to exercise their absolute control over the States.
At least not yet. But it's coming.
It may occur as one State finds itself in such financial straits (California, Michigan, New York come to mind), that it just takes them over and treats them as we do Washington, D.C.
Or it could be all at once. After all, State boundaries are rather arbitrary to say the least. Do we really need fifty State legislatures all doing similar work? And yet all of that work is really meaningless because the Feds can change the rules for everyone by what they do in Washington because of the ICC. Let's go ahead and eliminate this waste.
Please watch this battle carefully. If the States lose the battle over the Health Care Reform signed into law, they will have lost any pretense of having any sovereign rights reserved to them as well as the pretense that the Federal Government is limited in nature.
Be prepared to welcome one State.
The State of America.
Because ALL actions (and inactions) are commerce. And the Federal Government controls all commerce.
Therefore, the Federal Government can control all actions (and inactions).
Total control of you. Total control of me. We will live the life they deem appropriate for us.
It's what they dream of in certain political circles. We are seeing the dream come true.Tweet
Latest posts by EJ Moosa (see all)
- ObamaCare’s Medical Tax: My Prediction From 2010 - May 27, 2015
- How Romney Could Secure My Vote and Win in 2012 - July 27, 2012
- Obama's Goose Is Cooked - April 18, 2012
- Why Job Growth Will be Turning Negative - April 10, 2012
- Saturday In The Park: Life Lessons I Learned From My Demeaning Below Minimum Wage Job - January 17, 2012
- Principled Versus Winning - November 4, 2011
- The Failure of the Republican Party - November 4, 2011
- The $1 Trillion Dollar Economic Injection - June 2, 2011
- Obama's Goose is Simmering - May 27, 2011
- Introducing Uncertainty - February 7, 2011
- Know Profits Know Growth Part II - January 25, 2011
- Profit: The Forgotten Objective - July 15, 2010
- It's Time to Separate Our Federal, State, and Local Governments - June 14, 2010
- Is Gov. Charlie Crist a “Good Conservative”? - March 29, 2010
- State of America - March 24, 2010
- Divide and Conquer - March 23, 2010
- How to Destroy the Private Sector via Health Care Reform - March 22, 2010
- Health Care Reform:The Road to Socialism - March 17, 2010
- Why Isn’t Health Care Reform Socialism? - March 7, 2010
- Economophobia:If This is What Ails Us, What is the Cure? - March 4, 2010
- No Profit, No Growth or Know Profit, Know Growth:The Choice is Yours - January 28, 2010
- US Government Spends 61% More than it Receives in 2010 - January 26, 2010
- Minimum Wage, Maximum Impact - November 3, 2009
- Is the US Medical Crisis a Tax Crisis Instead? - October 27, 2009
- A Libertarian’s No-Nonsense Health Care Reform Proposal - August 20, 2009
- American Health Care Reform:Un-Constitutional From the Start - August 8, 2009
- “Cash for Clunkers”: Success Redefined? - August 5, 2009
- Bashing the “Birthers” - August 4, 2009
- SOS: Senators on SpeedDial - August 3, 2009
- Economic Math in Today’s Economy - August 3, 2009
- When There is Nothing Left to Fight For, Who Will Defend Us? - July 29, 2009
- Invasion of Privacy Part II:2007 Survey of Business Owners and Self-Employed Persons - May 29, 2009
- Michael Steele and the Republican Party:Stuck in Denial - May 16, 2009
- When Will it Be Enough? - May 8, 2009
- Taxation Without Representation in the 21st Century - April 20, 2009
- Modern Day Sharecroppers - April 15, 2009
- Your Bank May Fail-But Let’s Keep That A Secret - April 10, 2009
- Right-Sizing the American Economy - April 1, 2009
- “Atlas Shrugged”:Why has Wikipedia Removed Key Elements? - March 30, 2009
- AIG-A Scape Goat of Massive Proportions - March 19, 2009
- I Want My Money Back - March 17, 2009
- Corporate Profit Growth Percentages Drive the Markets and Employment - March 11, 2009
- Panhandlers:Seize the Broom - March 10, 2009
- Help Wanted: Janitor, Pays $15-16 per Hour - March 8, 2009
- Invasion of Privacy :The American Community Survey - March 2, 2009
- General Motors and their Cash Flow Crisis - February 27, 2009
- Why Wall Street Really Matters - February 23, 2009
- Are our 14th Amendment Rights being violatedregarding the Second Amendmentby the States? - February 17, 2009
- Have We Forgotten the Minimum Wage? - February 13, 2009
- The Stimulus Plan We Should Have Gotten - February 12, 2009
- Misplaced Anger - September 12, 2008
- Will Ron Paul Accept or Reject Bob Barr ‘s Offer? - September 10, 2008
- Raising Taxes: The Real Objective - September 8, 2008
- Consider Me Offended - September 4, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Sarah Palin (And Why) - September 3, 2008
- “My Bible is the State Constitution”-Sarah Palin - September 1, 2008
- The McCain Maneuver - August 29, 2008
- “I am My Brother’s Keeper” - August 28, 2008
- It Takes a Recession - August 28, 2008
- RC Cola and the Libertarian Party - August 19, 2008
- Congratulations, Harrold, Tx! Are you Listening, Atlanta, Ga? - August 15, 2008
- Principled-But atWhat Cost? - August 11, 2008
- The Death Tax We Do Need – Part II - August 8, 2008
- The Death Tax We Do Need - August 5, 2008
- Seniority Rules(and Why Our System Falters) - July 16, 2008
- The Magic Number - July 15, 2008
- The Right to Defend against the Common - March 19, 2008
- Winner Take All Primaries are Destroying The Election Process - March 13, 2008
- Big Brother Was Watching, Elliot - March 11, 2008
- “There is No Way to Make the Irrational Work” - March 10, 2008
- Republican Missteps to Hand White House to Clinton/ Obama - March 8, 2008
- TheTrouble with Inflation - February 21, 2008
- You’re Fired! - February 20, 2008
- The Next Step - February 19, 2008
- Just One Gun - February 15, 2008
- Just Say No-To the Incumbent - February 14, 2008
- Debate:The Lost Art - February 12, 2008
- The Disenfranchised Republican Voter - February 8, 2008
- McCain Vs. Paul - February 7, 2008
- Who is Rand Paul? - February 7, 2008
- Should Ron Paul Stay Just to Speak at the National Convention? - February 6, 2008
- The Republican Party: DOA - February 6, 2008
- Don’t Look - February 5, 2008
- The Tax Rebate Justification - January 25, 2008
- Tax Rebate? Try Welfare Check! - January 24, 2008
- Lil’ Hillary’s Cafe - January 23, 2008
- Weep for Washington D.C, Will We Be Next? - January 18, 2008
- The Politics of Change - January 17, 2008
- Is Fox Coaching the Focus Groups? - January 12, 2008
- One Voter at a Time, One Voter a Week - January 9, 2008
- It’s “We the People”, Stupid! - January 9, 2008
- The United States of Codependency - January 7, 2008
- Illegal Immigration: Victimless Crime? - January 6, 2008
- Winners and Losers - January 4, 2008
- Neal Boortz:Wrong on Ron Paul? - January 3, 2008
- Me Vs. You - January 2, 2008
- The Answer:Fairtax - January 2, 2008
- Who Are These People? - January 1, 2008
- Why Iowa Makes Perfect Sense - December 31, 2007
- Fox News Confirms: “No Need for Paul at Debates” - December 29, 2007
- Thank You Ron Paul - December 29, 2007
- Is Money A Good Substitute for Love? - December 25, 2007
- A Lack of Absolute Faith - December 24, 2007
- Speaking a Different Language - December 23, 2007
- The Wall Street Journalâ€™s Attempt to Diminish Ron Paulâ€™s Campaign - December 22, 2007
- Ron Paul Could Save America and So Could You - December 20, 2007
- Religion and the Constitution:The Real Battle We Face - December 19, 2007
- Is the Fair Tax(Mike Huckabee) Better than No Tax(Ron Paul)? - December 18, 2007
- It’s The Constitution, Stupid! - December 17, 2007
- Constitutional Contract With America - December 15, 2007
- Something Unconstitutional This Way Comes - December 15, 2007
- Let Them Hear the Silence - December 14, 2007
- Do We Deserve this Last Chance Ron Paul is Giving US? - December 13, 2007
- I Want My Rights Back and I Want Them Now - December 12, 2007