The neocon regime and its supporting masses of sheeple can be characterized in many ways but honesty isn't one of them.
However, violence, disrespect for the law and the U.S. Constitution are high on the list.
They will use any excuse to destroy the basic rights of the citizens of this country, or human beings in general (as in “torture of anyone we THINK might be a terrorist' is just fine.. and after all, we are CHRISTIANS so don't say we are doing anything illegal or immoral..”) and do it in the name of keeping law and order, of protecting us. The murder of over a million Iraqis and the deaths of over 4,000 American soldiers due to an illegal invasion of a sovereign nation show their total lack of morality when it comes to matters of life and death.
So should we really be surprised that neocon talk show host Michael Reagan has threatened the life of 9/11 and Iraq War truther Mark Dice ([link edited for length])?
Dice's big sin, according to Ronald Reagan's adopted spawn Michael, was to want to send information about the true nature of the Iraq invasion to the troops. So Reagan convicted Dice of being a traitor obviously, Reagan has god-like powers in his own mind and decided Dice must be executed.
And Reagan hasn't been arrested.
Hell, he hasn't even been fired.
Although with the deluge of outraged callers and e-mails , I hear he is quivering enough to have invited Dice on the show to apologize.
Why isn't this enough?
Death threats are not a trivial thing. He wasn't joking. He offered to buy the bullets for some crazy to do the job. He described in detail how Dice should be killed ( no blindfold.. let's add some extra torture the neocons are so fond of to the scenario is Reagan's creed, apparently).
Reagan broke the law.
Here's the proof, California's Penal Code 422, which states in part: Punishment for (Terrorist) Threats Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person with the specific intent that the statement made verbally in writing or by means of an electronic communication device is to be taken as a threat even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out which on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made is so unequivocal unconditional immediate and specific as to convey to the person threatened a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family's safety shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not to exceed one year or by imprisonment in the state prison.
In case you missed it, this is what Reagan said specifically: “We ought to find the people who are doing this, take them out and shoot them. Really. You take them out, they are traitors to this country, and shoot them. You have a problem with that? Deal with it. You shoot them. You call them traitors, that's what they are, and you shoot them dead. I'll pay for the bullets. How about you take Mark Dice out and put him in the middle of a firing range. Tie him to a post, don't blindfold him, let it rip and have some fun with Mark Dice.”
Reagan and Dice both live in California and California law enforcement needs to get off their collective butt and do something.
I want you to imagine if Dice went on a national radio show and said Reagan should be killed and went on to explain in detail how serious he was and how it should happen.
Do you think for one minute Reagan wouldn't be all over Dice with lawyers and threats and outrage shrieked on every stupid Fox News program he could waddle onto and blither, jowls quivering in outrage?
There's a lot of talk about at a “minimum” Michael Reagan should apologize for threatening to kill Mark Dice on his radio show. But it shouldn't be enough.
It is time for all of us to stand up and say we will fight for free speech, but we will uphold the law and that means death threats are NOT to be ignored, just because you are a talk host show with big ratings.
If such outrageous behavior is passed off as “entertainment” or not serious, where do we draw the line? What has happened to our civilization? Doesn't the law count at all? And I am talking about the REAL extant law, not the phony baloney “homeland security” fascist rewrite-the-law-as-we-go-along agenda of the Bush regime.
Don Imus, a man I consider tiresome, tacky and boring, was publicly vilified for making a tasteless, stupid, racially clichd remark about ” nappy headed ho's” that he clearly thought was just a funny outrageous sarcasm. It wasn't funny and it was catastrophically in bad taste. But it hardly threatened a life.
And he as treated as though he should be publicly flogged, if not executed , and held up to ridicule and rants on every national news show. And fired.
Where are the media when Reagan attacks free speech and threatens a life on his radio show?
We have to become the media the new media. Get the word out. Complain to the FCC ( step by step directions are here [link edited for length]).If you live in California, rant like hell at the attorney general to DO SOMETHING, enforce the law. Call up or write Radio America and complain to the management ( [link edited for length]).
BOYCOTT the station until they say, no, their talk show hosts can NOT break the law and threaten lives on the air.Take action. Don't just sit there baa baa baa-ing along and waiting for some great miracle to happen to save this country. You and I and all those who are willing to stand up and speak up and fight back are the only “miracle” out there. Here's an opportunity to not be a sheeple. Just do it…Tweet
Latest posts by Sherry Baker (see all)
- What Michael Jackson’s Death Teaches Us About Politics and the Media - July 7, 2009
- The Mark Sanford Mess: It’s Not the Sex, It’s the Misuse of the Governor’s Office - July 1, 2009
- BREAKING NEWS: Ron Paul Delegates Surrounded by SS ( Secret Service) - September 5, 2008
- What I’d Do If Left Alone In A Room With Sarah Palin - September 4, 2008
- For John McCain: How About Taking Off Our STUPID Hats And Putting On Our “Won’t Be Fooled Again” Hats? - September 2, 2008
- John Edwards’ Sex Life Is His Business - August 24, 2008
- Hang ‘Em High?Law School Dean Makes SERIOUSPlans To Try Bush Regime for War Crimes - July 12, 2008
- Justice Is Not Blind , SHE’S BEING HELD AT GUNPOINT by Michael Reagan, Cheney, et al - June 21, 2008
- MICHAEL REAGAN SAYS PUT GRENADES UP BABIES RECTUMS ,BLOW THEM UP - June 17, 2008
- MICHAEL REAGAN SHOULD BE FIRED AND ARRESTED FOR DEATH THREATS - June 15, 2008
- Has Hell Frozen Over? Bill O’Reilly And Newt Gingrich Are RIGHT! (Sort of..) - May 29, 2008
- Why Obama Can Call Me Sweetie - May 24, 2008
- JUST SHOOT HER: Hillary’s Assassination Comment and the Road to PC Hell - May 23, 2008
- Britney’s Bod Beats A Million Dead Bodies: The Sorry State of US Journalism - May 21, 2008
- Cindy McCain and the C Word Problem: It’s not about Tax Returns! - May 10, 2008
- Cyborgs, Science Rock Stars and Seoul - May 8, 2008
- Eliot Spitzer: It’s NOT about the Sex, Prostitutes or Adultery. IT’S THE FELONY, STUPID! - March 13, 2008
- Start your OWN Revolution. Be Loud, Proud, Creative and JUST DO IT! - March 3, 2008
- Those OTHER Reasons To Vote For McCain Over Ron Paul - February 2, 2008
- Top Reasons You Should Vote For John McCain - January 30, 2008
- The Most Misleading (Reality) Show in Town: The Latest Republican Blither Debate - January 25, 2008