I was just thinking about what a hellaciously bad ideological match yet incredibly successful political match this could be tonight after New Hampshire.
I really don't think this would, or even should happen but it could work. Here's why.
1. Ron Paul has enough money to pay the man.
2. Rove is on the outs with the G.O.P. because they think he failed them in the mid-term elections. If you read Rove’s bio, you will understand why he takes personal rejection so, well, personally and just might be interested in something as crazy as this; not that Dr. Paul would, but remember this is just a thought exercise.
3. They are both self-admittedly a little nerdy.
4. There isn't a chance in hell McCain will have any use for him after what Rove allegedly did to him in the 2000 South Carolina Primary and Jeb Bush won't be ready to run for 4-8 years. Even then, Jeb's more like his dad than his brother, and his dad had little use for Rove either at the end of their relationship.
5. Rove's lack of integrity and blood-thirst need for power would balance Ron Paul's complete integrity and no desire for power. Why do you think Ron Paul doesn't bicker on stage but instead just explains his policies? Rove could change this. Paul may even say something as off-putting as, “You keep talking about a position I changed my mind on from 20 years ago when I was running for President as the nominee of a different party; ever notice how these guys are 'clarifying' what they said just a few weeks ago?” or “How can the Democrats live with themselves? Do they not realize that the people who can't afford health insurance or to go to college doesn't have a damned thing to do with upholding their Oath of Office to Protect the Constitution of the United States? If they would repeal all of the crap that our government does but has no right to do, health insurance would be easy to afford.”
6. Getting the Pro-War, Bush-loving, “Turd Blossom” Rove on Ron Paul's side would indicate to the mainstream G.O.P. that Paul just might be right on this war in Iraq issue and allow Rove to sleep a little easier at night.
7. Rove knows how to beat McCain. If that push poll from the link above worked so well in South Carolina, imagine a reverse poll that said, “Would it affect your support of Ron Paul if you found out that he was a racist?” or “Would it affect your support of Ron Paul if you knew he said Lincoln was wrong for fighting a war to free the slaves?” or “Did you know that Ron Paul was the only member of Congress to vote against a bill praising the Civil Rights Act on its 40th anniversary?” I know this may be distasteful to most, if not all, of you but I'm from the South and have spent a lot of time in South Carolina. Racism is alive and well in the American South, and really how can it not be when 40 times tonight I've heard people on CNN talking about whether or not black people should support Obama. Imagine if someone asked if white men should support Clinton or Obama? So much for judging a man on the content of his character instead of the color of his skin. We all know Dr. Paul is the most non-racist candidate there is, as his explanation at the above link shows, but Rove could imply otherwise to help him win votes. Once elected, he'd just keep on doing what he's always done; fighting for the Restoration of our Republic.
8. Rove could even lead the Libertarian campaign if RP goes third party. What an ego trip this would be for the guy. And like him or not, the guy is shrewdly brilliant and understands the game. Even if he couldn't deliver a victory, he could take the LP to a position of national prominence and cripple the party that abandoned him like everyone else in his early life did.
9. Ron Paul is far easier to sell than Bush. He is intelligent, charming, a principled. RP wouldn't have to change a single position, he could let Rove spin it for him.
10. Rove would be able to use the money RP has raised for absolutely maximum benefit.
10.4. For all of Rove's faults, he has said himself that the two biggest issues in 2008 will be the Iraq War and the Economy. Who has a stronger, more principled platform on both of these issues than Ron Paul?
I have to pull cheek out of my ear that my tongue pushed over there while I was writing this; there, that's better. Seriously, though, as much as I hate to say it, when CBS runs an article about how Mike Huckabee sounds like Ron Paul (and honestly does a better job of explaining Paul's issue the first time he tries than Paul has almost all year), and Rudy starts talking about how the expansive federal government is taking money from the people, it may be time to get someone who knows how to shape the message for the masses. If you are reading this, you don't need that help. It's obvious from Iowa and New Hampshire that most Americans do. Maybe the evil-genius Karl Rove could be the man to help the Good Doctor get the message out. The message is perfect, there is no way to feel better about the man delivering the message, but the way it's being delivered needs a little work. Rove or somebody needs to make sure this happens because, unfortunately this campaign doesn't last 100 years like our occupation of Iraq might.Tweet
Latest posts by John Armstrong (see all)
- Obama Doesn’t Know His Job Description - January 25, 2010
- Ron Paul Revolutionary and the TSA:The Juvenile Plan - January 6, 2010
- I Love Our Government; I Detest Politics. - November 19, 2009
- Rand Paul, Are You Really a Republican? KY Wants to Know. - November 13, 2009
- How to End a Recession?Give $197,000,000 to Mexico, of Course. - December 4, 2008
- Five Minutes of Morning News Is Worse than the Flu - November 12, 2008
- If Republicans Were Smarter, They’d Be Republicans - November 7, 2008
- Why Not Obama?A Fifteen Word Answer from a Ron Paul Freedom Writer - October 31, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Campaign for Liberty and Libertarianism Will Fail…Unless - October 31, 2008
- Libertarian Posterboy: Barack Obama - October 29, 2008
- Sarah Palin Has Plenty of “Experience” - October 22, 2008
- The Bullet, The Baby, The Puppy and The Wasted Vote - October 13, 2008
- Is Barack Obama a Libertarian in Disguise? - August 29, 2008
- Barack Obama’s New Deal: The “American Promise” - August 29, 2008
- An Obama Presidency: Stage 2 of the Ron Paul Revolution - August 28, 2008
- Bill Clinton Continues to Lie at DNC - August 27, 2008
- Republican Campaign Lies Through Libertarian Eyes - August 4, 2008
- FDA’s Rotten Tomatoes and the Raping of America - July 18, 2008
- Answering Questions about the Ron Paul, Josh Hamilton article - June 18, 2008
- Ron Paul, Josh Hamilton, Baseball, Drugs, America - June 18, 2008
- Ron Paul at DUI School - March 31, 2008
- Ron Paul Freedom Writer Responds to U.S. Senator’s Email - February 28, 2008
- The Real Reason the First Amendment Came First - February 25, 2008
- So What’s Ron Paul’s Beef with the 1964 Civil Rights Act? - February 24, 2008
- Ron Paul Blames America For Everything - February 23, 2008
- Ron Paul Freedom Writer Continues Education of Obama Fan - February 18, 2008
- Ron Paul, Barack Obama’s Speech, and Common Sense - February 17, 2008
- Ron Paul Freedom Writer Educates an Obama Fan - February 13, 2008
- Ron Paul March Chip In: I Bought it-You Build It - February 12, 2008
- Ron Paul Calls for March on D.C.: How We Can Do It. - February 12, 2008
- Obama Supporter Challenge: Ron Paul Fan Willing to “Change” Vote - February 11, 2008
- Ron Paul: What Are We Going to Replace it With? - February 9, 2008
- Ron Paul Rolls On Despite Super Tuesday Primary Results - February 5, 2008
- Voting For Your Beliefs: The Worst Super Tuesday Mistake - February 4, 2008
- Ron Paul, Neocons, Chris Farley, and The GOP - February 1, 2008
- Ron Paul: CNN Debate Shows He Knows What The President’s Job Is.Do You? - January 30, 2008
- Ron Paul, Is America Really Going Bankrupt? - January 30, 2008
- Ron Paul May Be Magical, But He Won’t Disappear - January 30, 2008
- Obama Crushes Clinton in S.C.–Republicans Next? - January 26, 2008
- Ron Paul, John McCain, MSNBC Debate: Explained - January 26, 2008
- Is Fox News Killing Reagan Conservatism or Just Ron Paul and Fred Thompson? - January 23, 2008
- Friends of Fred: What Fox News Doesn’t Want You to Know about Ron Paul - January 23, 2008
- Money Bomb, Schmoney Bomb: The Real Reason Ron Paul Can’t Lose - January 22, 2008
- Why Ron Paul WILL Win Super Tuesday. - January 21, 2008
- NV Caucus Goers: 7 Ron Paul Delegate and Support Speeches For You - January 19, 2008
- Seven Support Speeches for NV Ron Paul Caucus Goers - January 19, 2008
- Are You Sick of Being Lied to By Politicians? Vote Ron Paul. - January 18, 2008
- Al Gore’s Message to Ron Paul Supporters - January 17, 2008
- Ron Paul: The Best Grand Wizard in America’s History - January 17, 2008
- Nevada and South Carolina Voters:Who Really Provides Change? - January 15, 2008
- Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, the Economy, and the Pretty Box - January 14, 2008
- Why Republicans Don’t Support Ron Paul - January 12, 2008
- If Ron Paul Hates Blacks and Jews, Count Me In Too. - January 12, 2008
- After New Hampshire Ron Paul hires Karl Rove?? - January 9, 2008
- Will N.H. Independents Flock to Obama over Ron Paul? - January 8, 2008
- Ron Paul Looks Presidential on Jay Leno - January 8, 2008
- Ron Paul Doesn’t Look Presidential on Leno - January 8, 2008
- Ron Paul: A Man Among Boys at ABC Debate (Simple explanation of Ron Paul’s stance on the Federal Reserve) - January 5, 2008
- Iowa loves Jesus and Huck; Hates Terrorists and Paul - January 4, 2008
- How Ron Paul “Shocked” Iowa - January 2, 2008
- Ron Paul’s Payday: The Moneybomb that Goes On and On and On and On - January 2, 2008
- Ron Paul, Fair Tax, Women Voters, VICTORY! - January 2, 2008
- What is Ron Paul Thinking? And Why it Doesn’t Matter. - January 2, 2008
- What is Ron Paul Thinking? - December 31, 2007
- Ron Paul. Doctor. Patriot. Martyr? - December 31, 2007
- IOWA: Ron Paul IS Electable - December 30, 2007
- Ron Paul’s Fox News Fiasco: The Spin Starts Here. - December 30, 2007
- Ron Paul Supporters Should Support Fox News’ Decision - December 29, 2007
- A Letter to Fox News: Explain Excluding Ron Paul from Debate - December 29, 2007
- Ron Paul Picks Up Two Major Endorsements - December 23, 2007
- Ron Paul fights War on Santa (and Fascism) - December 22, 2007
- Ron Paul’s War on Santa - December 20, 2007
- Questions Ron Paul Won’t Ask–But Should - December 18, 2007
- All the Money in the World Can’t Buy Friends: Why Real Republicans Don’t Support Ron Paul - December 17, 2007
- Ron Paul’sLies, Non-Constitutional Votes, and Tax Hikes - December 15, 2007
- Ron Paul Loves Black People - December 14, 2007
- Ron Paul is now the G.O.P. Frontrunner - December 14, 2007
- Ron Paul and the War on Islamofacism - December 12, 2007
- Blowback and Braveheart - December 12, 2007